(Not a Date) At the Museum: Part I

Gameplay

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

Art Museum, 4pm

This taxi fee, hot coffee, and dinner. Aigoo, I will definitely make Henry pay all of my expenses today! I muttered to myself as soon as I dropped off from the cab and put my wallet in my pocket. I was wearing dark gray sweater,  a red scarf tied around my shoulders (yes, it would be a bit chilly tonight), and a pair of black jeans plus leather boots.

Honestly, I still can’t get over the fact that Henry killed my resting period for some sort of…what? A date? Wait-

NO, NOT A DATE! This is just pure favor. Soon, that installer will be mine!  From now on, I’ll just keep in my mind that I’m just doing this favor for that precious limited installer.

“MUHAHAHA!!” Oops. I think I just laughed out by myself in public! And right now people are staring at me probably thinking I’ve gone crazy. Err…

-

Okay so I’ve been standing beside the entrance door for five minutes already. Where could Yumi be? She should not be late. Otherwise I will definitely kill Henry!

“Hey.” Someone tapped me from behind my shoulders.

“Oh! Yumi!”

“What are you doing here?” she asked. I saw that she was holding two cups of coffee. Yumi was simply wearing a blue printed long sleeves, a pair of skinny jeans, and black Converse shoes.

“Where’s Henry?” she asked as she looked around.

“Oh, I..uh..” I slightly scratched my head.

“Well, you see, Henry got a call from his mom and has to do an important errand so...uh...he had no choice but to…ask me come with you instead…if it’s…fine with you..?”

Man, I feel so shy… We’re not even close… Tsk. Henry!

“Oh I see.” Yumi nodded. “Yeah it’s fine with me…but if it’s fine with you?”

I laughed a bit. “Haha, of course it’s definitely fine with me.”

I was not lying. It’s actually fine for me to hang out with Yumi. But it wasn’t fine for me when Henry inconvenienced me. But anyway, whatever.

“Let’s go?” Yumi smiled and handed me a cup of coffee. I smiled back and nodded as I took the cup.

I followed her way and on her other hand, she picked out the two tickets from her bag that Henry got her.

Soon as we entered the exhibit hall, Yumi giggled to her excitement to see lots of artworks and paintings almost everywhere. She must be feeling heaven. While I’m just…so-so. Hehe.

I’m actually not really into arts, but more on music. But anyway, I must say that I’m also entranced seeing these artworks.

Yumi’s enthusiasm to the artworks was just too much, that she had been unconsciously dragging me from left to right, all along the hallways of the museum. I didn’t know that her energy was so high for these stuff and I should have bought a bottle of water outside first before coming in!

-

“Ya, Kyuhyun! See this painting?” Yumi pointed on a certain frame that was hung up on a corner.

“A painting of a man on a cliff?” I answered doubtly as I took a sip from my coffee.

Yumi chuckled. “I knew you’d answer that. But take a closer look.”

I moved my head nearer to the frame that my face and Yumi’s face were close enough to each other. I took a deep glance on her smiling face.

I didn’t know she was this cute. I swallowed a little.

“You now get it?” Yumi asked and I wasn’t answering. “Kyuhyun?”

I suddenly snapped out from my daze and turned my focus back to the painting. “Oh! What? I..I’m sorry. No…care to explain it?”

Oh crap.. What’s going on with me?

Yumi smiled again and explained it to me. “This is what you call a 3-D painting. The man here may seem to be on the edge of the cliff, but the thing is, he’s actually painting a 3-D illustration of a cliff on a road…”

I looked back to the frame. Although I was half paying attention to her while she was explaining, the other half was on her eyes.

Kyuhyun! Snap out of it.

“…And that’s the trick. At first, anyone would think that there’s an actual cliff in the painting, but there’s none. It’s just that, the man painted the cliff in an angle that it would look as if it’s real. Amazing, isn’t it?”

I nodded in amusement. “Whoa…I now get it. It’s my first time to see a 3-D painting. And I admit, I got tricked at first, haha”

Afterwards, Yumi and I moved on to the next painting.

*BAP!*

“Ow! What the—” I was drinking my coffee when someone bumped me from behind! Aish, it had almost spilled on my sweater!

Wait…is he a kid? I mean…a crying kid?

“Oh no!” Yumi got startled too so she immediately knelt on her knees and tried to wipe the kid’s tears with her handkerchief. The kid kept on crying ‘mama’.

“Little boy, why are you crying? Are you lost?” Yumi asked worriedly. The kid nodded with tears.

The kid’s puppy eyes had completely melted my heart! Forget the bumping, I just thought it was a jerk who did it. I would have rage for that, actually.

I joined Yumi as I also knelt down and held the kid’s shoulders from behind, trying to calm him. Too bad the kid didn’t stop weeping. Worse, he was crying even louder that me and Yumi didn’t know what to do.

Yumi held both of his hands and tried to calm the weeping boy. “Shh. Don’t cry…noona and hyung will find mama for you, ne?”

I’m out of words. To be honest, I have no idea about dealing with kids since I’m the youngest in my family. So I just tried my best to calm the crying kid by tapping him softly on his shoulders.

“Shall we start looking for mama now?” Yumi smiled and gently the little boy’s hair. He nodded in silence, but still sniffing.

“Let’s go.” Yumi gave her a very gentle smile that the kid’s worry was lessened. She stood up as she held the left hand of the kid.

Then Yumi gestured from her face to me to stand up and hold the other hand too. And just like a butler, I immediately did so.

The whole exhibit hall was quite big, so to make the search quicker, Yumi decided to start looking in the current floor (3rd), then going down floor by floor, until we reach the ground floor. If we still couldn’t find the kid’s mom, that’s the time we’ll go to the front desk, which is also in the ground floor, to seek for assistance.

While walking around, I noticed that the little boy seemed to be already tired. Sigh…he must have been lost for a couple of hours now.

Okay, it may be my first time, but I did not hesitate to carry the kid on my back. Yumi felt glad about it and smiled to the kid as she gently swayed his hand. The kid formed a very little smile on his face, probably relieved that he was saved by us two kind-hearted people. Mehh

Two things that had bothered me as we walked through the hallways: First, I was bothered by the stares of the other people who thought that we could make a good family. Second, I also thought about it.

Yeesh, we’re just helping out a kid. This is not a date! We’re not a family! Here goes my mental debates again. Blah blah blah…

After thirty minutes of searching, Yumi and I decided to just seek assistance from the front desk near the entrance door. We still couldn’t find the mother of the kid, and it made him to about to tear again. But thanks to Yumi’s comfort and *ehem ehem* my little cheer up, the little boy didn’t lose hope.

“There’s the front desk!” Yumi pointed towards it.

As soon as we got closer, the little boy immediately screamed ‘mama!’ that I had to put him down. The kid ran towards a woman who was about to report her son who got lost inside the venue. His mama almost cried in tears and hugged her son very tightly after having him back again.

Then the woman held his son’s hand and walked towards where Yumi and I were standing.

“Aigoo, I don’t know how will I ever repay the two of you, but I am really thankful that you two have taken care of my son when he was lost. I wouldn’t know what to do if something bad happens to him..”

“Aniya, ahjumma. It was really nothing,” Yumi waved her hands sideways as to say ‘welcome’.

“And your son became a very good boy. He stopped crying after. Right kid?” I said and gave the little boy a high-five.

“Aigoo...my son’s a big boy now?” his mother exclaimed as she pinched both of his cheeks.

“Oh by the way, my name is Kim Byeongsul. And this is my son, Byeongju. Nice to meet you both.” The ajhumma added as she took out her hand.

Yumi immediately shook hands with her and bowed. “I’m Park Yumi. Nice to meet you too, Byeongsul-ssi,”

“Ye, I’m Cho Kyuhyun.” I gave a bow and shook hands as well, monotonously.

Byeongsul-ssi was very grateful to us for taking care of his son awhile ago, and for being kind to both of them.

“Huwah~ Yumi-ssi, you are vey beautiful and sweet. Kyuhyun-ssi must be very lucky to have you, ne?”

I almost choked upon hearing that from ahjumma! Yumi’s eyes also widened.

“But we are not—” I was cut off by Byeongsul-ssi.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, take care of Yumi, ne?”

“Ajhumma—” Yumi was cut off too.

“And you too Yumi-ssi, take good care of Kyuhyun okay?”

OKAY. Yumi and I met each other’s eyes and both of our jaws dropped. I saw Byeongju giggled from behind her mother’s legs.

“Ne…” we both replied to ahjumma as we did fake (or rather awkward) smiles.

“Ah by the way, we have to go. My husband’s waiting for us in the car outside. Have a nice day to both of you~” Byeongsul-ssi said.

We smiled and waved to them two good bye. But before they can finally step on the exit door, Byeongju suddenly let go of his mom’s hand and ran towards us.

He pulled us down and wrapped his small arms around our necks as he gave us a big, big, big hug.

“Komawo hyung, noona.” He whispered.

“Be good okay?” Yumi said as we both hugged him back.

He nodded and went back to his mom then exited the hall. How sweet~

Meanwhile, Yumi’s eyes and mine met again. She looked away and chuckled.

Why is that?

 



A/N:

Hi guys! I love you all! I'm speechless in this chapter hahaha