Henry's Promise

Gameplay

 

(Narrator’s POV)

Gyongdu High School

Park Yumi. A girl from another school who just transferred to Gyongdu High because she dreams to study fine arts in Hallym University one day. She’s in her second year high school and along with her new classmates are Henry, Kibum, and Kyuhyun.

“Yumi! Ten nen!!” Henry showed something that had surprised his seatmate.

“What are these?” Yumi asked as she grabbed them from Henry.

“Free tickets to an art exhibit this Saturday!” Henry said, painting a smug expression on his face.

“No way! How did you get these?” she asked with her eyes still glued to the tickets.

“I got them from my uncle who was friends with the co-organizers of the event,” he winked.

“Oh my gosh. You’re so amazing Henry! Thanks a lot!” Yumi exclaimed feeling grateful and excited.

“No problem. Good thing I know how you’d really like it,” Henry said.

Kibum got curious as he saw the two getting excited onto something so he came nearer to them.

“What’s that?”

“Henry got me this free ticket to an art exhibit on Saturday,” Yumi giggled.

“Hyung, if you like I can have you one too,” Henry offered.

“I would like to, but I have something to do on that day, sorry” Kibum shook his head. “Maybe you could ask Kyuhyun if he wants to.”

Then Henry casted his head towards the guy who was sitting in a corner, playing with his ipad. “Ya, Kyuhyun hyung!” he called out.“Wanna come with me and Yumi to an art exhibit this Sa-”

“Passed.”

To his shock, Henry muttered something for Kyuhyun didn’t even bother to look and let him finish his question. Kibum and Yumi laughed a little.

“Here he goes again with his own world…” Kibum sighed and moved his eyes on somewhere.

“Has he always been like this?” Yumi asked, pointing to Kyuhyun.

“Well, sort of…Kyuhyun’s a hell one addicted to games. If only playing games was a profession, I’m sure he’d become an expert to it,” Henry explained. Kibum agreed and Yumi was dazed by that fact.

CM Dormitory (SJ Dorm)

CMD is the name of the dorm where the boys live and is actually just a walking distance from Gyongdu High. Leeteuk, Heechul, Hangeng, Kangin, Yesung, Zhoumi, Siwon, and Kibum live altogether in the 9th floor. While in the 8th, or the so-called “jungle floor” by the 9th-ers, is where Shindong, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Kyuhyun, Henry, Sungmin, and Ryeowook live.

It was a typical Saturday afternoon for the boys. In the 9th, Leeteuk and Hangeng were busy in the kitchen preparing lunch. Kangin, Yesung, and Zhoumi were watching tv in the living room; Heechul feeding his cats; Siwon getting busy with his laptop; and Kibum reading a book. Since everyone’s busy doing their own things, the atmosphere in the 9th was actually peaceful…

Meanwhile on the 8th. Books, pillows, socks, and lots of gadgets everywhere. Different loud noises from the tv, laptop, and even from those people themselves; and from the living room all the way to the bedrooms, there’s always a mess. Kyuhyun getting busy playing games on his laptop; Shindong, Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Henry, though high school, running around as they pull pranks with one another, and gets revenge with one another too; as for Ryeowook and Sungmin who were busy preparing lunch in the kitchen, they are feeling already stressed out with their childish dorm mates.

Soon as the food were placed on the table, the boys ran like a flash, took their seats, and started pigging out like there’s no tomorrow. All that Ryeowook and Sungmin had to do was a big self-face palm. When they all got finished eating, Ryeowook asked Shindong, Eunhyuk and Donghae to wash the dishes and clean the table. He and Sungmin went to the living room to rest themselves, while Kyuhyun went back to his room and Henry followed him.

(Henry’s POV)

Oh noes. I don’t have any choice. Hyung is my last choice. You can do it, Henry!

I followed Kyuhyun hyung to his room and knocked on his door. “Hyung? Can you do me a favor?”

Ack.. My voice sounded nervous!

“If you’ll be asking me to do your homework, of course no I won’t ever do it.” Kyuhyun hyung replied, not even looking as he lay down on his bed.

I know that I’m a bit retarded in homeworks, but hey I’ll not be asking that!

“Ey, of course not that thing! Well, you see…my mom called earlier and told me to assist her with her luggage this afternoon for her trip to China this weekend. Dad won’t be able to help her due to his work, so I’ve got no choice…” I said, poking my two point fingers to each other.

“And?” Kyuhyun hyung raised an eyebrow.

“And…the exhibit with Yumi today…hyung, can you do it on my behalf?” I begged.

“What!? No. Can’t she ask her other friends or what? My body doesn’t feel like going out today,” Kyuhyun hyung replied as he hugged his hotdog pillow and buried his face on it.

“But hyung!!” I cried and grabbed the pillow from him.

Kyuhyun didn’t like it so he glared at me. Oops.

“And what can Kyuhyun get in return if he does Henry’s favor?” he asked as he crossed his arms. I saw an evil smirk forming on his lips.

This is the most crucial part. If I’m going to become a businessman one day, I will never ever trade with hyung. Asking him a favor is like borrowing money from a loan shark!

I thought deeply. I’m not really good at this. “Erm…Lemme see...an ice cream?”

“Bwo!? That’s all I’ll get? No way. No.” he shook his head and grabbed the pillow back. “Go ask Kibum or whoever, ‘cause I won’t do it.”

This time I cried even harder and knelt down to plead. I’m already losing my pride!

“Hyuuunnngggg!! Kibum had already said that he has something to do today. She got no friends yet apart from us so there’s no choice! Please hyung!”

Kyuhyun hyung raised his head and gave me a ‘you-know-what-I-want-and-you-have-to-do-it’ look.

“Okay. I got it. You want my new installer of the limited version of StarCraft? Fine, I’ll give it to you.”

I was smart enough to be able to read Kyuhyun hyung’s mind. SIGH, GOOD-BYE STARCRAFT LIMITED VERSION INSTALLER CD WORTH $250 FROM HONG KONG WAY BACK LAST CHRISTMAS BREAK!

Soon as Kyuhyun hyung heard the word ‘Starcraft’…he immediately got up on his bed. And from a serious look, his lips began to stretch widely and made his ‘evil’ grin again.

I sighed in defeat, leaving him no choice. A promise, is still a promise.

 



 

A/N:

Hi guys! How was it? ^^ I just made this chap very short since it’s just the first, and I’m still catching for readers. But don’t worry! I’ll make it longer as I add more chaps. n_n

Oh! And if you don’t mind, please have some time to read my older story, “THE LETTERS”. It’s actually just a one shot, but with lots of twists. Hihi. It’s my very first fic I’ve ever written…so yeah :D

I'm really looking forward to your comments! Big huuuugggss to everyone especially for those who will subscribe ;) 

Thanks so much! xoxo