Chapter 10

Saranghae, My Idol Prince

Chapter 10

“May I know what are you trying to do?”

*“Good Morning!”

Hayeon smile foolishly, escaping the question and put on her slippers.

“It’s going to be afternoon soon!”

L let go of her hand, without even looking at her, he walks to the dining table and say,

“Yours is in the kitchen, take it yourself!”

“Oh!”

Hayeon brought out her breakfast and sits opposite to L.

It’s so surprising that he’s home at this time! Then what about Yonghwa and Taemin?

Just when Hayeon wants to pray, she suddenly remembers that warning from L that day.

To prevent him from getting angry, she gives up her habit.

Hayeon quietly stares at him.

His face is so charming and gorgeous, also giving a cold and icy feeling which will makes people to stay away from him.

But Hayeon is not admiring his delicate face, she’s thinking the inner world of him

What made him bias against religious?

Hayeon finally ask,

“Can you tell me the reason for being bias?”

L did not answer, eating his noodles quietly.

“I know it maybe some grief of yours, but I still want to ask. You may think I’m mean. Sometimes speaking out your grief might make you less miserable! But if you keep it in your heart, it will not solve any problem!”

Hayeon look at him seriously.

L startled upon seeing her being so serious.

She’s concern about me!

No one had ever been so concerned and cared for him before…

His vision land on Hayeon, and he said calmly,

“When I was a child, I had a very good friend and his parents are both Christian. One day, he fell sick. When I went to visit him, he was seriously ill. I beg his parents to take him to the hospital, but they refused to do so. They just sat beside him and prayed, hoping that god would save him. By the time the doctor that I’d called arrived, he already stops breathing! If it’s his parents who’s overly believe in religious, he would not…”

“No, Parents always love their children, they will not hurt their own child!”

Hayeon look into L’s eye and said firmly.

“That’s what I’d saw, how can it be fake?”

L replied coldly.

His eyes are full of sorrow, clenching his fist tightly.

Hayeon got stunned for a moment, she look down and say in a soft and gently tone,

“If that time, his parents already knew that even doctor was not able to save him, as a Christian, they were not praying to the god but praying that there would be a miracle! You’re very young then, you judge everything by what you’d seen and forgets about the feeling of his parents!”

L trembled, and asks in a low voice,

“They knew doctors could not save him, they were not praying to god but for miracle?!”

“Yeah! I think his parent hopes that miracle could happen, hoping that their child could stay with them forever, that’s why the only thing they could do was to pray for miracle!”

Hayeon answered in a gentle voice.

Her words are like meteor, even though it shoots past in only a few seconds, but it can guide you in the dark.

L calm downs slowly.

He was too young that time, he don’t even know what kind of illness his friend had.

He had forgotten that his parents were crying while they prayed that time.

When a person rely on his subjective, when he’s blaming a person, he always forgot to think about the true feelings of that person.

This is why people always tell you to “put yourself in the person’s shoe” and think from his position.

“What you see may not be always the truth.”

Hayeon first time notice that actually L is not as cold as he seems to, he value his friendship.

L looks at Hayeon with his heart relieved.

That kind of feeling makes him slightly smile without him noticing.

“What hyung said is correct, you don’t have to change for anyone.”

Hayeon returns from dazing just now, seeing L looking at her, she thought she has angered him.

“You haven’t done your prayer yet.”

“I’ve done it! In my heart!”

“It slowly then, no one is snatching with you!”

“Okay!”

The atmosphere seems kinda weird.

But the noodle he cooked was so nice!!

Hayeon thought and smile secretly.

“What’s so funny?”

L notices her smile, thinking that she really loves to laugh…

Hayeon startled, her smile becomes stiff and shook her head.

“By the way, What are you trying to do just now? Is that how Americans say good morning?”

L changes the subject.

So now he’s angry by what you did just now!

He must say it on purpose!

*“Sorry…”

Hayeon shyly apologize.

L raised his eyebrow and said,

“Can’t you say it in Korean?”

L glare at her, completely speechless……

“Last time when I was in America, there’s always thief who break into my house…”

-----------------------------

In the past when Hayeon was still in America, there’s always thief that would come to the farm and steal, and those thief are the little boys in the neighborhood, they always stoles the eggs from the henhouse in the farm.

Back then when she was naïve, she chased them until they return returned back the eggs.

Sometimes, they even threw the eggs at her, if she’s lucky she’ll be able to catch the eggs, but if she’s unlucky……

At first she would went home crying, and complain to her mum and dad, her dad would comforted her, her mum would went to speak to the parents of the kids.

After that, she thought of an idea, which is to put some traps in the henhouse. From that day onwards, that group of boys doesn’t dare to prank on her anymore.

--------------------------------

*Said in english