Beauty at its finest

늑대소년 - Wolf Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-----------------------------------------------------------
 

"The thing that makes life the hardest is that no one ever mentions how unpredictable it is. One moment you are on top of the world and have everything you have ever dreamed of, the next you have nothing but the roof above your head. Life is a series of games, each day bringing something new and unexpected at you. Some levels you may do well at, others may take you many times to accomplish. Others may have a chance at more levels than some, but everyone is a winner in the end whether they feel it or not. Because in the end everyone dies, peacefully or horridly, it happens. What makes you a winner is not the amount of levels you surpassed, it is the challenges you faced, whether you give up on them is your choice but just remember how long you were fighting that challenge for, and remember how strong you were until the end. Life is a series of games, that end the end...beats us all."

The sun shone down on you through the gaps of the trees swaying above you. Your hair flowing through the wind as you made your way deeper into the green forestry. 

You ran your fingers over the tall grass that ran right next to the path you had been following.

Your legs burned with energy as you climbed the different terrain throughout your short journey. You had never been past the boys cabin before. It was Beauty at its finest. 

The trees were ever so green and the amount of wild flowers was amazing, you never knew your town had so much beautiful plants.

To think a group of teenage boys were hiding such beautiful things from you was a laugh.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun lead the group of you through the woods, unknowingly you had drifted off towards the back of the group as you were dazed by your surroundings.

"Why are you so amazed, they're just plants" Kai shrugged as he looked at you as if you were slightly queer. 

You simply sighed as you picked a pretty pink Mugunghwa flower from the bush and placed it over your ear. "These plants are natures beauty. You should learn to appreciate your surroundings." 

"Oh yeah well I hunt these 'surroundings' almost every night!" 

Kyungsoo elbowed Kai in the side causing him to fall to his knees. Everyone in front stopped. 

Kyungsoo looked from Kai who glared at him evilly to the others very innocently. 

"Oops, I guess I don't know my own strength" he nervously laughed whilst helping Kai to his feet.

You looked at the two as the began to bicker nonsense and continued to walk beside Sehun.

The journey was quiet next to him, but it allowed you to clear your thoughts.

"I wonder if she'll remember this place" Chanyeol's voice echoed through the others heads as he continued to talk to himself.

"She doesn't even remember this path what makes you think she'll remember anything else" Sehun scoffed.

"Stop fighting and make real conversation, god I swear ever since you could communicate through the mind you have become so anti-social Sehun" Sehun lowered his head hiding his pout as he shut out the others voices.

"We're here!" Baekhyun announced as you all merged into on line. Standing shoulder to shoulder you all looked across the horizon.

In front of you lay a large lake with clear blue waters, mountains surrounding the area with beautiful forestry of all colors.

"It's amazing" you felt as if a weight had lifted from your shoulders, the sun beaming down on the green grass as if the Gods had chosen this as their playing area.

"Let's go" Kai cheered as you all followed him down the hill.

It suddenly became a race as to who could get to the water first. You couldn't help but wonder what this place reminded you of, it made your body warm and comfortable. 

Like it was somewhere you came too a lot.

- -

"You are a good girl Jeona, choose your pairs wisely" her hands were soft as she embraced yours. Her words were always wise but as she became older they became more difficult to connect.

You pondered on her words though, were you not already being wise about your choice of friends? 

"Grandma you shouldn't be bothering Jeona, she is probably tired, you should head to bed" Kai bowed his head apologetically and guided his Grandmother to her room. 

You were surprised Kai looked after her, after all his parents did work aboard.

"You know she doesn't give advice to just anyone, you must be pretty special" Chanyeol nudged you while passing through to the living room.

You caught eye contact with Sehun across the room, who sat on the couch closest to the corner, he quickly looked away as if he didn't expect to be caught starring. 

"Yeah, I must be something" you mumbled with no enthusiasm at all. You grabbed a glass of cider and sat at the end of the couch next to Suho, and Sehun to your right.

"Sorry about her Jeona, she can be a bit of a burden sometimes but she just really seems to like you" Kai shrugged his shoulders and sat on the other side of the room with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

The seven of you enjoyed each others company as you all shared old memories from when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter