The Great 섭리

늑대소년 - Wolf Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-----------------------------------------------------------

' It was back in the very early 30's when the rumours started to commence. The villagers had many different views on the stories being told, some were so detailed it was impossible for anyone not to believe them, but then there were stories that were so detailed that the villagers began to wonder if the people telling the myths were the ones in them. 

Wolves were like witches, they were unwanted and delt to in the worst of ways. Although the wolves were there to protect; the villagers saw nothing but trouble in them as many of their peoples huts were torn to pieces leaving nothing for them to moarn over. 

The villagers then started to suspect certain families as they continued to believe in the myths of the Wolves being their savours and protectors given to them by the great 섭리(Seob-ri/Seob-li).* The villagers then to them and isolated them from the towns people keeping close eye on each male of the family as they needed proof of their unholy nature.

After many days of inspecting, the families were released from isolation as the villagers had no evidence of any of them becoming wolves. Many months past after that with no sign of the Wolves. The villagers lives went back to normal very smoothly and the myth eventually died down.

Days went by without any trouble throughout the village, everyone was delightful saying that the wolves leaving was one of the best things that had happened to them. Then weeks when by. and eventually months. Nothing. 

The villagers soon became paranoid and anxcious as no one had fallen ill, nor were there any droughts although it was the middle of summer. Their crops were harvested to their absolute best and they were the only village who had enough food to feed everyone. It was almost too good to be true for them.

They soon sent off men to hunt for the answer to this blessing and find out exactly why their village was what they called 'the chosen one'. The villagers waited for many days hoping for an answer as their lives continued as perfectly as the assumed. People slowly went mad as they jumped at every rustling bush. Their hearts pounding against their chests as they knew something bad had to happen eventually. The only problem was....No one knew when.'

"Alone again" you rolled your eyes leaning back into your chair, your arms resting lightly on your stomach. You looked towards the door constanly waiting for one of them to walk through, you knew you wanted them here but all you felt like doing was scolding them. So what was the point? The teacher continued to go on about the History of Korea and why it was important you all understood the importance. 

"If it weren't for all these happenings we would not be where we are today" he large index finger scaling acorss the room as his glasses slowly slid down the bridge of his nose, gazing at his students convincing himself that his words sunk into their brains. He smiled smuggly pushing his glasses back up and continued to read from the text book, some teacher he was. You looked to your right and noticed Tao wasn't scratching little doodles onto his desk, in fact he wasn't even in class. It was surprising. Usually your teacher would make a fuss about students not attending class but no, whenever its the 'Kingkas' he couldn't give a flying cahoot. 

'Does he follow the kingka system too!?' you asked yourself, starting to look at him differently. You shuddered at just the thought and leaned over to Tao's desk, it was just Chinese symbols and small undescribable sketches.

There was a loud knock on the door catching everyones attention. Your eyes slowly followed only for it to be a note for your teacher from the messanger. You sighed, you knew you wanted it to be them. Any of them. Whether it be Chanyeol or Sehun or all of them. You just wanted to know of their whereabouts. You were even hoping to see a glimpse of Luhan or Kris today. 

You felt almost deprived of their constant presences. 

Lunch came fast and once again you had to sit alone on the feild and have everyone who walk past question your friendship with the Kingkas. You didn't mind the being alone part, it was just them not being there was the problem. You left your phone at home this time, knowing that your day would be spent of you checking it every 3 seconds. 

You sat close to the school garden, the smell of lavender and roses leaving a relaxing aura, you stretched out your legs hoping to gain a nice and even tan. The thought of the boys slowly drifting away as you layed down onto your back. The grass was soft like natures blanket. You couldn't help but start to feel tired and restless as your body became more and more relaxed. 

'Legends have it that only one of the 6 men returned from the journey, his bod was weak. His lips were dry. He could barely speak a word of what he had found. The villagers immediately nourished him, feeding him constantly as his rib cage popped out and his torso tinner than any womens in their village. They gave him the freshest water from their homes, only to hear his story of his journey.

The man finally came back to health, faster than any man would in the state he was in. The villagers sent him question after question, not letting him have one moment to answer them. He sat there and nodded to them as he waited patiently for their flow of questions to finish. The leader of the tribe, Goon Se, hushed them all and allowed the man to speak. 

"I met the great 섭리" he announced with such pride.

The villagers fell silent. They questioned his statement but Goon Se let him continue.

"He told me that he was the one who blessed our village"

The villagers gasped and exchanged looks leaning closer to the mans bedside wanting to here more.

"He says our suspicions were correct. Something bad is approaching our village and we will not all live." Although the villagers did not want to hear the rest, he continued to speak for their God. 

"There is a chosen one amoungst us" He added, bringing hope to the people.

"His was hand picked from 섭리" Whispers filled the hut as the identity of the chosen one was discussed.

'I'm sure he is my child' one women bragged. 'who said anything about it being a boy!' another fought back. The whispers developed into loud arguments. The man sat calmly.

"SILENCE" Goon Se banged his cane on the floor of the hut, bringing everyone to an immediate silence. 

"The chosen one is in fact a male" 

"His transformation will happen much earlier than most. He will be ready by the age of 19" His voice seemed somewhat pleased as the villagers began to question.

"My fellow solider, I'm sure we are all thinking this-" Goon Se looked to his people and back to the man. "What do you mean by his transformation?"

The man simply chuckled at how naive they all were.

"There is a reason all wolves have disappeared from out village-" his eyes became shut, as his cheeks slowly rised and his mouth opened into a big grin. His white teeth gleeming through the room.

"We have been waiting for the chosen one" his eyes colour had changed to a violety purple. Four large canine fangs emerging from his gums replacing his normal teeth. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter