Searching for the Answers

늑대소년 - Wolf Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-----------------------------------------------------------

Your body fell limp.

Your head pounding as the sky above you became fuzzy. A chill went up your spin as you fell to a cold surface.

'What's going on' you asked yourself as your head turned, your eyes having trouble to focus. 

The forest around you was quiet, the trees swaying to the beat of the wind. Your hand gripped the ground beneath you, clumps of mud and leaves filled the gaps between each of your fingers, you nails now a mucky brown.

There was a sharp pain coming from your neck causing you to wince and fall back down. 

'What happened' you whispered, as you reached for your neck. 

There was a gash.

You pulled your hand away only to wish you hadn't. Your hand was covered in blood, as was all down your neck and school blouse. 

You thought hard as to how you got here but there was no memory. 

Sounds of wolves howling in the foreground frightened you. 

You curled into a ball, pulling your legs close to your chest, your head tucked into your knees. 

You quietly sobbed as you waited for someone to come and save you. 

The sound of the wolves got closer.

You felt the air around you increase in temperature, their breath uncomfortably close. Breathing down on your limp corpse.

You were surrounded.

A cold sweat ran down your cheek as you gripped the sheets.

Your heart pounding against your chest as you ran your fingers over your face and down your body. 

A sigh of relief as you realized it was just a dream. 

You had fallen asleep in your uniform, your hair in a messier bun than it was that day. Your blouse was filthy, as was the rest.

You pulled your blankets back only to find your legs had bruises and cuts all over.

You suddenly began to get flashbacks of the forest. 

You reached for your neck.

***

"What's up with her today" Chanyeol whispered to Kai as they all watched you face the world.

You stood a few meters from the roof tops edge, your body was numb. Your feet were like a tree's roots keeping you stable and connected to the ground.Your body swaying with the wind, your hair blowing in all sorts of directions. 

"She's been standing like that for ages" Suho seemed concerned about your change in mood over the past few days. He noticed you had become more distant from him, physically no, but mentally. 

"Let her be" Kyungsoo said.

Kai couldn't take a second to glance away from you, he felt burdened as he was unable to comfort you.

You didn't know what to think about it, perhaps you had self harmed yourself whilst d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter