Running Home

2066
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Hwa walked through the crowd and people moved out of her way as she marched. Her hand felt strange. They were too warm and she could still feel the Holder’s skin against hers. She the filter in her eyes and they searched for Chun Hei’s DNA signature. She walked up to Chun Hei, who was standing between Jae Bom and Ji Ho. “I am leaving.” She stated and Chun Hei frowned up at her.

“Did something happen?” Chun Hei asked and Jae Hwa nodded. “Did Young Guk do something?” Chun Hei asked and Jae Hwa shook her head.

“I was with your Holder when Min Ki involved himself.” She said and Chun Hei frowned, reaching out for Jae Hwa’s hand. Jae Hwa pulled her hand away and shook her head. She was no longer in the mood to break rules and play bad. Playing bad had been spoiled by Min Ki for the night. Playing bad could get her into trouble.

Jae Hwa looked down at her tiny friend and waited. She wouldn’t mind if Chun Hei decided to stay. Jae Hwa could take care of herself, but she was worried about the girl. “I’ll take you back. Chun Hei is still having fun.” Jae Bom said and she turned to him. She appraised him wholly and smirked to herself. She wasn’t usually prone to petty revenges, but Min Ki’s high and mighty way had upset her.

“You’ll get home okay?” Jae Hwa asked, as Min Ki sidled through the crowd to try and get to her.

“I’ll see her home personally. Come visit again, won’t you?” Ji Ho asked and she smiled politely. He had not been a bad host, but she didn’t know if she would return.  This place was somewhere she would probably only go if Chun Hei asked her again.

“Ji Ho will keep me safe.” Chun Hei said, sidling up a little too close to Ji Ho, who stepped away, slowly.

Min Ki was almost on them.

Jae Hwa nodded and Jae Bom handed her a silk wrist band and she smiled. It was an electric notifier. If the pair was separated by more than a set number of meters, it would shock each of the people wearing them, just enough to scare them. It was a protection measure taken, since holding hands had been outlawed.  She slipped it over her wrist and Jae Bom slipped his end on, smiling. They walked out and she saw the distraught look on Min Ki’s face. He followed after her and stopped them at the door.

“Jae Hwa, where are you going with a sector three poser like him?” Min Ki asked and she smiled, popping a lolipop in .

“He’s taking me home.”  She said, lightly and Min Ki looked at Jae Bom, who had defeated him only twenty minutes ago, and shook his head. He reached for her, in a petulant gesture, as though he had forgotten about the laws.

“I’ll take you.” He said and she stepped back, towards Jae Bom.

“You upset me. I don’t want to deal with you until your temper improves.” She said, dismissively and Jae Bom put himself between her and Min Ki, in a surprising act. One did not antagonize people aboveyour station. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter