Dirty Drugs

2066
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stop torturing the poor girl. She isn’t ready for that and she’s not paying for it.” Ji Ho said as Jae Hwa opened to speak. Jae Hwa nodded at him, regally. A relieved, but disappointed look passed over her face so quickly he might have imagined it before it was gone. Young Guk looked at her back as he lowered his hands. Her spine straightened almost imperceptibly and she was released from Yung Guk’s magic fingers.

Zico had seen more women than he could count taken down by Yung Guik’s hands than he could count. “Here’s your money, Jae Bom.” Zico said and transferred Jae Bom his money. This time, he didn’t feel the twinge of irritation he normally did; seeing his bank account drain into some rich kid. Some kids won their fights because a lower sector didn’t want to get in trouble. Jae Bom didn’t care who he fought. He fought for keeps.

“I didn’t know if you’d be back after what happened last time.” He said and she graced him with a bright smile.

“I rarely allow one experience, no matter how negative, to color my impressions.” She said, smiling. Ji Ho smirked and nodded. “You made sure Chun Hei got home alright?” She asked and he nodded.

“She told me some interesting things on the way.” He said and her grin faltered. “Something about you being her guardian angel or some odd.” He said and Jae Hwa looked away. She looked away and clasped her hands in front of her.  She almost looked embarrassed.

“Chun Hei has always been a good friend to me. Now, I’m just returning the favor.” She said humbly and Ji Ho smirked. She was doing more than paying Chun Hei back for anything. She was taking care of Chun Hei as though the girl was her daughter. “She’s a good girl, despite her imperfect genes. There is no reason she should be punished for things she can’t control.” Jae Hwa said, looking up, from beneath her lashes.

Ji Ho found himself shocked by the emotion he saw there. It was only visible for a moment, but it was a kind of rage so pure and violent, it could end empires. He took a step back as she lowered her eyes again.  Young Guk touched her back, frowning. Ji Ho wondered if Yung Guk felt even a portion of what he had seen. She waved away his hand, looking up at Jae Bom and smiling softly. “What do we do now?” she asked, clearly willing to throw herself head first into delinquency for the night.

Ji Ho fished in his pocket for a moment and found the baggie he was looking for. He pulled it out and Jae Bom’s eyes went wide. “You know how they say is in the skin?” Ji Ho asked and she nodded, looking at him suspiciously. “Well, this is like liquid . Open up.”  He said, smiling.

“What are you doing? Are you insane?” Jae Bom hissed at Ji Ho, who shrugged. “Jae Hwa, don’t do this. Trust me. You don’t need this. It’s a dirty drug that your healing factor won’t pick up on for hours.” He continued as she looked at him. She frowned a little, looking between the two of them, clearly weighing Jae Bom’s advice. It was actually rather polite of her.

She shrugged a little and smiled. “If Chun Hei trusts you, Ji Ho, then I suppose I will.” She said, stepping forward. Jae Bom reached for her, but drew his hand back at the last second. In her heels, she was nearly as tall as Ji Ho, when she stepped up to him. He held out the paper and she folded it into her tongue. Ji Ho found himself smirking as he watched her close her eyes. She frowned at him and shrugged. “It’s not working.” She said, frowning.

“Give it a moment.”  Ji Ho said, waving his arm wide for her to lead the way through the crowd. She walked towards the curtained door, to an empty couch and halfway there, she brushed something off her arm and stopped dead in her tracks.  “Keep  going or people will stare.” He said softly and she obeyed, walking slightly slower.

When she got to the table, she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter