Lines in the Sand

2066
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Park Jae Bom stood in the middle of the ring, and spat blood on the dusty floor. That stupid pretty boy Choi Min Ki was bouncing around in front of him, smirking. Jae Bom’s eyes flashed red as he his electric modification. He punched Min Ki in the chest and the pretty boy slid to the middle of the ring, shaking from the shock. Jae Bom ran tried to kick and Min Ki slid low, taking out his knee and dropping Jae Bom on his back.

He shook off the hit and paused, looked up, into the rafters. There were people sitting in the rafters. He knew Ji Ho, but there was a girl with him. Jae Bom couldn’t see the girl’s face, but he was curious about her. Something about her seemed familiar to him. What would possess a girl to sit in the rafters?

Min Ki flew into his vision and Jae Bom rolled out of the way of the sledge hammer. Jae Bom stood and ducked out of the way of a flaming punch. He swung for Min Ki, but Min Ki jumped away. Jae Bom rushed after Min Ki and caught a fiery kick to the jaw. He hissed and stumbled back as he tried to beat the flame off his face.

Min Ki laughed at him and Jae Bom danced his way around, behind Min Ki. Jae Bom caught Min Ki with a kick to the back. Min Ki flew into the fence and Jae Bom grabbed a different section of it and let the electricity run through his body. Min Ki shook as he was electrocuted and fell to the ground. After a minute, Min Ki stood, twitching a little as Jae Bom watched and bowed, admitting defeat.

Jae Bom looked up, into the rafters and the curious girl was gone, as well as Ji Ho. Jae Bom shrugged and walked out of the ring. He fought through the crowd of cheering people on his way to collect the money he had made.

Jae Bom found Ji Ho trailing a girl, who seemed to be ignoring him. Jae Bom picked up a rock off the ground and rolled it around in his hand. She bounced off the ring and swung fron the rafters. Ji Ho crouched and Jae Bom threw the rock and it smacked Ji Ho in the back of the head.

Ji Ho’s eyes flashed green as they turned to Jae Bom. “Did you just-” Ji Ho began and Jae Bom waved his hand, dismissively.

“You were about to take off without paying me.” Jae Bom said ans Ji Ho rolled his eyes. “My poor face might even scar.” He continued, wiping the blood off his cheek.

Ji Ho laughed at him, out right. “You have a level three healing mod. I could cut you open with a butter knife and you wouldn’t scar.” Ji Ho said and Jae Bom shrugged. He couldn’t disagree, if he wanted to. He had the money to buy better mods because his family lived in sector three of the grid.

Jae Bom cracked his neck and Ji ho waved him off, pulling out the table

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter