Chapter 7: One Shot

One Thing Leads To Another

 

 

      Both of them froze in fear. Changmin parted away, looking at the other in the eyes. Kyuhyun, using this chance of surprise, kicked the elder off his body. His breathing quickened and his heart began beating all over the place. He felt his perspiration slowly fall down along his cheek, chin and finally onto the ground. It wasn’t until the banging of his door got louder, harder and more frequent did Kyuhyun acted his part. First things first, get rid of the thing laying on the floor.

      Picking the taller up from his feet, he pushed Changmin on the wall. His arm pinned against Changmin’s neck causing the other to choke slightly. He was serious; Changmin could see it.

 

 

“Say a word, you’re dead, you hear me? If they hear someone other than me is here, they’ll kill you. That is if I don’t get to you first.” Changmin nodded so fast, his head was going to fall off. He wanted, so badly, to ask who those men where, why was Kyuhyun so scared? He really did but the words couldn’t form as he soon found himself pushed and stuffed into a small wooden cabinet in Kyuhyun’s living room. It had just enough space for him, being way taller than he average Korean male but he’d being lying if it wasn’t painful to stay still whilst in an awkward position.

        Changmin couldn’t really see much, having the cabinet door only opened ever so slightly. It must has bounced back when Kyuhyun’s closed it without the younger even noticing. Kyuhyun breathed inwards, calming himself to the emotionless killer he was before buttoning his shirt back up. Changmin could hear Kyuhyun’s footsteps going further away from him. Then, with a click, door opened. A loud slap following a bang was all he could hear.

 

 

“You ing messed up! Your target found out we sent someone after him and has planned an escape route to North Korea! Where the have you been?!” Kyuhyun did his best not to react from the stinging sensation on the left side of his cheek whilst couched on the floor. The impact of the slap had sent him to the ground. He stood back up, looking up to meet the eye of his master for a split second.

 

 

“I’m sorry master. This won’t happen again. Please, let me finish him off before he leaves this country.” He was so sure the mission was to be performed at night. It was known that Kyuhyun had a thing for the night. Though it terrified him, the night meant it was easier as there were less witnesses. His master was always one to kill those with power and money. A witness just meant more people to die and Kyuhyun didn’t think his conscious could take it. Heartless millionaires was another case. The man scoffed, circling the young killer like normal. His hand followed Kyuhyun’s neck as he walked around.

 

 

“Leave as soon as I leave. You mess this up again, say goodbye to your dear sister.” Kyuhyun’s eyes hardened at the mention of his sister. He knew it. He knew if something was to happen to him, they wouldn’t hesitate to kill Victoria as well. But not, this was not meant to happen. Victoria was meant to live happily.

 

 

“NO! Y-you promised! You promised you wouldn’t touch her!” He had the urge to grab onto his collar and punch his master in the face but as soon as he did that, the guards standing behind the said man would swipe out a gun from their back pocket and blow his face off.

      That promise. That promise was all it took for him to sell his body to the devil himself. ‘I won’t touch your sister if you give yourself to me.’ Those words brought him comfort as well as bring him his nightmares in the middle of the night. They made him survive, in hope that him living would keep his sister alive too. No. this wasn’t right. Everything changed the day Changmin found him. ‘This was not meant to happen.’ He waited for his master to say something. He had to protect his sister. Only he, one with money and power could protect the last known bloodline of the Cho.

 

 

“I said I wouldn’t. Doesn’t mean others can’t with my order.” At that moment, all hope was lost. Might as well kill him here and now, Kyuhyun though. But Changmin was here. The last thing he wanted was for Changmin to see him kill another and him dying in the process. He after all, had to look after Kyuhyun’s sister.

 

 

“Y-you-!” He was so close to swearing. He was so close to letting himself go. Years of training to kill, years of being dirty. Maybe today would be the day he finally repented for his sins. By killing the man who started it all.

 

 

“You what Kyuhyun?” Victoria’s smiling face in one of the pictures in Changmin’s room suddenly flashed in his mind. He could tell his master was getting impatient. Kyuhyun watched as the man in front of him reached behind to what would be a gun, or so Kyuhyun thought. Before the elder could do anything, Kyuhyun backed down, managing to calm the rage with in. ‘Calm down Kyuhyun. Calm down and finish the job. Victoria is fine. She’s at school, she’s fine.’

 

 

“N-nothing.”

 

 

“Nothing what?”

 

 

“Nothing…Master.” Kyuhyun was really testing the other’s patience, speaking through gritted teeth thinking his master couldn’t hear. Leaning in, the man whispered in Kyuhyun’s ear.

 

 

“Good boy. Make sure you do it right, ok? If you do, I’ll give you a reward.” His deep voice made Kyuhyun shiver. His spine reacting the same way it did when he was with Changmin. It was better though, with the other. Everything wasn’t as dark compared to when he was with his master. In fact, Kyuhyun felt lighter. But no, Changmin was someone who would just get in the way. He was nothing more than an object which could be discarded off when it was in the way of no longer useful. ‘If he does something like that again, I’ll kill him for sure.’ Making a mental note to himself as another scoff left his master’s lips.

      As soon as the people left with the door slammed shut behind them, Kyuhyun exhaled. He didn’t even realise he was holding his breath in. Quickly, he turned back around to back his bag. It seemed as though Changmin heard the guys leave as he left his body push open the door and fall out the cabinet.

 

“Are we going somewhere?” Something made him incredible angry. He couldn’t see the man’s face from the cabinet and he promised Kyuhyun he wouldn’t make a noise. If he didn’t, he would have punched the guy in the face.

        His eyes followed as Kyuhyun’s walked around his more or less empty living room. Kyuhyun moved his futon away, revealing nothing out of the unusual. Changmin watched, thinking the other had become somewhat crazy. Kyuhyun lifted one of the wooden laminated floors, taking a silver suitcase out. It look like one of those ones in movies which usually carried a weapon or a great some of cash. Changmin hoped it was the latter. His face remained somewhat stoic as he waited for Kyuhyun’s answer.

        With his back facing Changmin’s Kyuhyun took his shirt and trousers off, replacing it with a one piece black jump suit. Changmin frowned when he saw multiple scars around the younger’s back. Some were still new and red whilst others were a bit older. He wondered how he got them but quickly replaced the though with something else. He knew he wasn’t meant to be this involved with his girlfriend’s brother but he couldn’t help it. Something about Kyuhyun made him curious. Something in Kyuhyun’s eyes called out to him, as if asking for help. Kyuhyun turned around to face the older. The black jumpsuit hugged his figure perfectly. Changmin gulped, seeing Kyuhyun’s figure more defined.

 

 

“’We’? You mean ‘I’. It’s none of your business.” Kyuhyun uttered, walking away from Changmin. Their shoulder’s bumped together as Kyuhyun suddenly became too far for Changmin to reach. Changmin turned around and stopped the other by grabbing his wrist. Their eyes met again but it was different from before. From the time he and Kyuhyun shared an ice cream along the sea shore and when they were in each other’s heat just moments ago. He felt lost. Feeling the coldness of Kyuhyun’s stare on him again.

 

 

“I’m coming with you.” Kyuhyun’s eye twitched. Is he stupid? He’s going to get killed.

 

 

“You’re not, let me go.” His grip was surprisingly strong. Even Kyuhyun had trouble shaking him off.

 

 

“I won’t until you agree.” They were fighting internally, their stare battling against each other. If it was with the minions

 

 

“Fine. If you die, I won’t be made responsible.” How could he still smile like that? No, his smile became brighter.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

        Changmin’s car was part at the back of the tall building, hidden from CCTV and blind to sight. Armed with a black backpack and a silver suitcase in Kyuhyun’s hands, they made their way up to the roof. He took something out of the bag, throwing one to Changmin. At first it was hard to see what it was, with the adrenalin ruining through his veins, he could barely think. It wasn’t until Kyuhyun wore the white mask on his face did Changmin realise he was meant to do the same.

        The elevator ride seemed longer than anticipated. A loud ‘bing’ told the couple they were on their roof. Luckily for them, the building elevator reached all the way to the roof which meant less walking. They stayed inside for a good minute, listening to the cool breeze. No one was in sight.

 

 

“Who are we targeting?” Changmin asked, whispering his words in Kyuhyun’s ear. It was way too uncomfortable to for Kyuhyun to be ‘ok’ with the lack of distance but he bared with it.

 

 

“A bad man.” He could hear the slight hoke in Kyuhyun’s voice. It was as if the other was trying to convince himself that those words were true. They didn’t know who that man was. Bad, good, there was just no telling. But right now, it was their job. Well, it was Kyuhyun’s.

        They had reached the side of the building. Looking down, the street lights were still on. A few people walked the streets but was no more than 5. As he thought, the mission was a lot better in the night than the morning. The man proved himself useful when Kyuhyun decided to look him up before the mission began. It ended up taking an hour before articles of the target popped up. Through that, Kyuhyun made the decision of waiting for the man o get ready to leave before shooting him straight through the head.

“Be on look out.” Changmin nodded, turning around to see if anyone was trailing them. He would have done a good job if it wasn’t for his curiosity that got the better of him. Kyuhyun’s suitcase clicked open on the ground, laying perfectly still. Parts of a rifle slotted in black polystyrene slept. It was black as night, deadly as the devil. Changmin couldn’t help but swallow his saliva, seeing a weapon for the first time. Especially as it was so close to him. He could smell the blood which emitted from the weapon. The blood of its victims though never close to touch it. It must have taken a lot of it to actually have the smell on it, having been miles away from the real body.

 

 

“That’s…”

 

 

“What did I say?! You might be willing to die but I still have things I need to finish.” Kyuhyun had caught Changmin staring at his choice of weapon. One he really didn’t want to see him in this state is now here to witness him killing. If today was bad, it has now turned a lot worse.

 

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

 

“If you want to play around, I don’t mind but I have a job to do. You either make yourself useful or you leave, ok?”

 

 

 

“I-I’ll make myself useful!” Determined to show Kyuhyun his good side, he turned back around. Nothing out of the ordinary, he muttered to himself. All Kyuhyun could do was sigh as he took each part out of the suitcase with care. They fit perfectly together, clicking into place, building the perfect weapon of assassinations.

 

 

“Don’t say a word…” Kyuhyun muttered to Changmin, laying on the floor on his chest as he looked through his scope. A smirk appeared on his lips as the target was sighted.

“Target spotted.” A habit as he would always be forced to take a radio with him so he could report back to headquarters.

        He watched as he man in his scope threw a pile of papers into a large black bag. He look panicked, lifeless and on the brink of death. The man probably knew he wasn’t going to survive through the night. Kyuhyun touched the trigger with his finger, following the man’s every move before finally, ‘bang’.