Chapter 13: The Private Eye

One Thing Leads To Another

 

The student waits in his car as his two hyung tries to step out of their house, readying themselves for the drive. He sits in the back despite being in his own personal car while rummaging through his phone as a source of distraction. He is impatient but doesn't say anything as Yoochun and Junsu come crashing out their door with a handful of luggage. Yoochun locks their door behind them before running to Changmin’s car and stuffing their bags in the boot while his lover sets everything to the side for him.


Junsu gives Changmin a small smile which is surprisingly returned before hopping in the front passenger seat. Yoochun follows soon after once he closes the boot with their luggage tucked comfortably in. Just as Yoochun gets comfortable in the drivers seat, Changmin throws his keys over to the elder, forgetting it leave the car starting. He starts the car, driving the three of them to their destination since they all agreed beforehand that Yoochun would be the one to drive.

 

 


“Did you pack everything, Changmin-ah?” Junsu asks. He sees Changmin nod from the car’s rear view mirror and decides to give up on getting the youngest to talk. Their car drive is unusually quiet as Changmin rolls down the window. The cold air gives his mind some clarity as well as creating enough noise for the three to not feel obligated to talk. It soothes him, knowing he won’t be forced in creating conversations he didn’t want. All his mind can think about is his girlfriend and Kyuhyun. They had managed to get a lead after he and Mr Kim talked it out of Yoochun. The man might be old but he had a special way with words. Changmin had to give him that. They had found out that the two were here. They were close but they were in danger. That was what Changmin got from their talk. Most of it became mumbled noises after that as all he could think about was how to save them.

 

 


They drive to the Cho’s old mansion where the family once lived which takes them a little longer than planned with the traffic. As they pull up, Changmin could see Mr Kim standing at the front door, waiting to greet them with another person by his side. A man with jet black hair with his fringe swept to the side and donned a crisp black suit which contrasted his pale white skin. The man stood with pride, back straight with elegance and class beaming off his body. He kept a straight face, gaze not leaving Changmin's as the three exited the parked vehicle. Before they could collect their belongings, two men in white shirts tucked into formal trousers came out of the front door and began unloading their luggage. Junsu looked over at Yoochun, hoping to get an answer to who the men were but simply got a shrug of the shoulder from the elder.

 

 


“I'm glad you were able to make it here safely. Now please, come inside and make yourself comfortable. My people will set your things in the rooms which you will be sleeping in.” The three of the bowed before making their way inside the Cho’s family mansion as the others followed closely behind.
Yoochun was the first to enter, followed by Junsu and then Changmin. As they made their way inside, they were met by a large hallway with large grand stairs which looked exactly like those ones in the movies. Mr Kim directed them to the living room with sat on the right hand side of the stairs, blocked off by a set of double doors which were opened. Hesitantly, Yoochun walked over to the living room, making his way to the satin sofa. Their living room, if it was possible, was more of an eye opener than their hallway. The brunette felt a poke at the side from no other than Junsu, surprising him in the process.

 

 


“Chun…” The other spoke softly. He gave his boyfriend a reassuring smile before guiding him to the seat next to him. The two sat together with Changmin sitting beside Junsu on the right side. Mr Kim sat down with the other who has yet to be introduced on the opposing sofa. A smile left his lips as he looked to the three, readying himself for their talk.

 

 


“Firstly, I would like to thank you all for coming here at such short notice. Secondly, I would like to introduce you to my son, Kim Jaejoong. I know it's a little unexpected but please.” He wrapped his hand around his son’s waist, giving the other an encouraging pat. Jaejoong stood up, giving the three friends a 90 degrees bow.

 

 


“Nice to meet you. My name is Kim Jaejoong, private investigator. My father has informed me of your presence.” The raven said before sitting back down again. Yoochun looked at him with suspicion before casting it aside after realising that there was nothing about the other that caused his to put his guard up. He shot the raven a smile which was not returned as the man continued with his cold stare. The silence lasted for a couple of minutes and they continued to exchanges glances to each other and Jaejoong paying no mind to Yoochun’s actions. Yoochun was about to say something about how Jaejoong should smile more when Changmin began to speak.

 

 


“I’m sorry if I come across as rude but may we begin our discussion about trying to get Kyuhyun and Victoria back?” They sat there, silent for a minute as they all stared at Changmin.


Determination was seen in his eyes and nothing more. Yoochun kept in a proud smile, knowing just how dedicated their maknae was in finding his loved ones. However, uncertainty plagued his mind as he wondered on. He had not said anything but since Changmin’s first meeting with Kyuhyun, Yoochun could see a change in the other’s eyes. The way they glistened when he mentioned the assassin, how solemn they were when he spoke of him and how it all changed to sadness when the boy was declared missing. Every action was obvious to the two who had the title as Changmin’s (best)friends but to the student himself, not so much. The way he looked at Kyuhyun was how he looked at Victoria but that was no more when it came to the latter. Part of him wanted to know if Changmin even remembered that he was Victoria’s boyfriend but the student’s state of mind was not in the right place if the elder wanted a proper answer. Yoochun hoped he did and if he no longer felt that way, he would break it off rather than continue this kind of ‘love’.

 

 


“I agree Changmin-ssi.” Mr Kim spoke, bringing Yoochun back to reality. The university student nodded in agreement at the words to the Cho’s butler, happy with the fact someone had their priorities straight. Yoochun could see from the corner of his eyes that Junsu followed the two, wanting only what was best for the maknae in the trio.

 

 


“Let’s get started.” Mr Kim took a deep breath, most probably out of habit as they were sure he had done that before as he began talking. Jaejoong readied himself as he took a small white note pad and pen out of his right pocket with a piece of paper which was roll up by his side.

 

 


“The reason why I have asked my son to attend this meeting will allow us to have a greater advantage of freeing young master from the devil’s hands. As Jaejoong stated, he is a private investigator who has close ties with the police force as well as the underground dwellers. He will be helping us in our plan to take Young Master Kyuhyun and Lady Victoria back from their confinement.” Mr Kim spoke in a clear tone. He kept his eyes locked onto Yoochun, wanting his words to come across to the man the most. The other however was having a hard time registering all of the information as he was sceptical in retrieving the assassin and his sister.


It was a dangerous job and he didn’t partially want to put his life on the line. However, he couldn’t let Changmin alone and Junsu would have gone with the younger no matter what. He had no choice but to follow his lover and friends footsteps and hope that they come out unharmed. Jaejoong let his hands work as his father spoke, taking down notes. The three couldn't put their finger one what the PI was writing but decided it was best not to ask.

 

 


“Once you are able to locate Cho Kyuhyun and Cho Victoria, we will send in a team to back you up. They will follow you closely as you make your way around the HQ which Kyuhyun is kept in but will not reveal themselves until they know you have them. Unfortunately, I do not have power to fully command them and was left to compromise with the task force. However, your safety is incredibly important to us. If we feel you are in any kind of danger, we will abort our plans and you will be collected from whatever position you are in. Is that alright?” Jaejoong unrolled and laid out the A3 size paper which had some rules and limitations in their hunt for the Cho siblings printing on the page. It was written in a way that mimicked a contract which was something Yoochun noticed right away. A space for the three to sign was at the bottom, stating that if their plan were to fail or if they do not go according to the rules, non will be held accountable other than the victim(s).

 

 


“That’s a little harsh, don’t you think?” Yoochun pointed at the page where the sentence was written out. Jaejoong shook his head lightly.

 

 


“This is what the force has asked me to issue out as one of the conditions for allowing me to use their people. It is unfortunate as neither of you have had any formal training yet you will be in the front lines of a war. I would participate but my face is too well known.” The investigator sounded genuinely worried for the three of them which soothed Yoochun since he knew from that, he would be in safe hands. Had Jaejoong sounded otherwise, Yoochun would have called everything off in a heart beat. He didn’t want the person who was responsible for his life not feel any kind of remorse for making them do such a thing. Sure it was their choice but it was still three lives they were risking. A normal human would be uncomfortable with having such a task but Yoochun knew better when it came to those in the government sector. They weren’t to be trusted.

 

 


“What do you suppose we do when we get there? We don’t know where Kyuhyun is. That information was something I wasn’t able to get and from what I’ve heard, Victoria isn't with him. Most likely held in a higher guarded cell or something making it more difficult for us to reach her.” Yoochun spoke as he averted his gaze away from the PI and looked over to Junsu with a masked worry. Jaejoong hid a smile at the others action.

 

 


“There is no need to worry about that. Like I said before, my son has connections with the under-world. My nephew will make sure that the plan goes accordingly.” Mr Kim spoke up. He had a proud smile on his lips as he talked, locking eyes with Yoochun who felt uncomfortable under the elder’s gaze.

 

 


“Nephew?” Changmin asked with curiosity.

 

 


“Yes. His name is Kim Sunggyu.”

 

 


“He will lead you from the inside. As soon as you step in, Sunggyu will take you off my hands. The will not meet with you right away but he will send someone he knows over to you. Once you do eventually meet up with him, please do your best to not test his patience. He’s not as nice as us.” Jaejoong took over, smiling for the first time as he spoke fondly of his cousin.

 

 


“When do we start?” It was strange that Yoochun was the one who spoke first. Changmin nodded at the man's words, taking it away from his own lips as he wanted the know the answer to that very same question. Sudden gloom showered the private investigator’s eyes as he told the three of their plan.

 

 


“Three days from now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the late update! Jaejoong is hereeeee!