Ch. 5 Revelations

Please Don't...


I left to the second level. Everyone was swarming the first floor and no one would bother coming up here. The balcony was empty when I went but it didn't stay that way for long. A man with a drink in hand soon joined me. He didn't say anything, he just stood next to me drinking his questionable clear liquid. He would occasionally look at me and once he caught my eye. He smirked and went back to gazing. I was about to leave when his words made me stop.
"It's the worst kind of pain isn't it?" He turned toward me. "Watching the one you love marry another."
Was I really that obvious?
"Don't look so stricken," He smiled. "You're hiding it well enough."
"Then how did you know?" I asked walking back to the railing.
"I had the same look when the girl I loved got married. It's as if you're heart is being stung thousands of times all the time and the pain carries throughout your body until you're numb and hollow inside."
"What can I do?"
"That is up to you. Just make sure you have no regrets." He put his hand on my shoulder and I felt a bit better by the support. Even if it was a virtual stranger who was giving me cryptic advice.

"In Guk!" Jae Hyun yelled pulling me from the stranger. He glared at the stranger hiding me behind himself.
"Hyung Su*, I think you should go back downstairs." Hyung Su smiled, it was warm and inviting. He nodded stepping past Jae Hyun he stopped by me and gave me a peck on the cheek before Jae Hyun could do anything.
"I'll see you later." He waved, on his way back inside I swear I saw him wink.

"He's an odd one. You need to very careful." He said. All of a sudden I just felt so tired, maybe it was everything I kept buried but I couldn't listen to him right now. I wanted to believe that I meant something more to him than just a friend! But I knew better and I needed to keep it together.

"I don't know, I think he's nice and cute." I tried to make it into a joke. It didn't go over well judging by his face.
"So you like his type huh?" He asked incredulous. At that moment I made a decision, if he honestly didn't know he would now.
"You are more my type to be honest." I answered him. I waited but he said nothing. Instead, he bumped my shoulder and a strained smile appeared on his face. He told me they were taking sample pictures downstairs. I scoffed but he grabbed my wrist and I couldn't help but follow.

Downstairs Dasom was waiting on the top step she dragged Jae Hyun and fixed up his hair for the pictures. She smiled brightly and linked arms with both of us. Our eyes met over her head, tomorrow I would lose him completely. I smiled, the picture was taken and a few were printed out there and distributed among us. I was given one of the three of us together. I couldn't help staring at it wishing it to be different. I walked out right then.

Not thinking I just got in my car and drove. I drove until everything just came out. I screamed, I pounded on the steering wheel, and I cried. The car screetched to a halt I felt so helpless, so completely consumed with despair, anger, hurt, and above all lonliness. I had never felt so alone.I looked at the picture, contemplated it, willed it to change. But it didn't I ripped it in half without a thought and rearranged it to what I wish it could be.




*K.Will's real name is Kim Hyung Su.
*Author's Fun fact: I made a miatake and wrote "I got into my cat and drove away." xD Can you imagine if I hadn't caught that! Okay, so it's not so fun. Meh. *shrugs* Comment are loved and appreciated!