Ch. 2 Morning After

Please Don't...



I felt horrible. I had no doubt I looked it as well. I made a courageous attempt at sitting up. After minutes of empty congratulations and a barily touched glass of champagne I had finally left the newly engaged couple alone. Without a destination in mind I had gone to the nearest place where alcohol was served and I drank. I fell back on the bed, pain exploding in my head as I went. Okay, I drank a lot. The man I love was getting married and I can't even hate his fiance for it without feeling guilty. I had hoped if I went to bed completely drunk I would wake up to find that the engagement had been nothing but a drunken hallucination. Unfortunatel, after many bottles of Soju I knew the engagement was very real.

I stayed on the bed until I felt sure enough I wouldn't collapse or throw up. I made my way cautiously to the medicine cabinet for something to take care of this pounding headache. I caught my reflection in the mirror and cringed. I had dark circles under my blood shot eyes and my skin had a sickly grey tinge to it. With that done I preceded to wash up and brave the dread refrigerator. When the doorbell rang I was convinced the universe hated me. The shrill sound nearly split my head open the second time and I gladly gave up on breakfast as it was making me nauseous anyway.
"In Guk, are you okay?" Jae Hyun asked as soon I opened the door. He placed his hand on my forhead. An action that even now brought butterflies to my stomach.
"I'm fine," I said reluctantly brushing his hand away.
"Yeah, because you sound it." He said leading me to the sofa and bringing a blanket to place on my lap.
"No wonder you left so quickly yesterday." Jae Hyun said making his way to the kitchen. I watched as he navigated my kitchen with ease reminding me how once he had spent every waking moment with here with me.
"Why didn't you tell me before?" He stopped to look at me.
"I.. I don't know, it just didn't seem important." he said ducking down to look in one of the lower cuboards.
"You're marrying her. That seems pretty important." I insisted.
"That's not what I meant." He stood again a pot in hand. "I meant it just didn't seem like something that would turn into anything- but our parents had this idea that..." He huffed and stopped talking to gather his thoughts. "I just didn't want to think about it." He whispered.
"Your parents?" I asked raising my eyebrows.
"yeah, they thought it was a good idea."
"Do you even want to marry her?" I held my breath hoping he would say no.
"I think she and I could be happy together." Pain shot through my heart at his words but I noticed he didn't answer my question. Still it made me feel strangely content.

Twenty minutes later he sat beside me spoon feeding me porridge. He blew on the spoon before feeding me it.
"I can feed myself," I protested feebly, in reality I was thrilled he was being so attentive.
"Of course you can." He said bringing the spoon to my lips.
"Don't patronize me." I smiled.
"I'm not, now say 'ah'," He pushed the spoon into my mouth making me blush.
"That's a good boy!" Jae Hyun laughed putting the bowl down and grabbing a napkin.
"That's it get out!" I said pulling the blanket off and trying to push him off the couch, he laughed.
"Oh calm down! You need to rest you still look pale."
"No, get out!" I said pushing his shoulders. He chuckled and grabbed my arms pushing me back to lie on the couch. I struggled for a moment my strength still not back. I still put in enough of a fight that he felt it necessary to physically climbed on top of me.
"There, now stay still." He said his face coming closer to mine. I froze, shocked as his eyes became clearer and flecks of amber began to jump out. My heart was threatening to burst out of my chest at his proximity. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but relax under him. I closed my eyes and waited. His forehead touched mine my eyes flew open to see him so close.
"You don't seem to have a fever." he whispered, I swallowed hard waiting for him to get off me so I could breath again. But he didn't back off, he stayed. Maybe this was my one chance to tell him how I felt, maybe nothing would come of it but then again maybe...

*Authors Note: Meh, losing interest in this to be honest. But I'll try. Comments are loved.