06

Singing plus a Mute

Naeun was confused. She didn't know what Taemin meant by 'Be my girl'. She sighed in frustration and turned the stero back on. 

She started to dance to try and get her mind off Taemin. Off of all his confusing ways. When the song was done she looked back into the mirror sweat was running down her face and she was panting. 

She smiled. After a few more practices she decided to call it a day. She got her stuff and started to walk home. 

 

Naeun finally came home. As usual it was empty. Her mom was busy at work, her dad was busy oversea's. And she was the only child. She walked to her room, threw her stuff into a corner and fell onto her bed. 

Her only thoughts, filled with Taemin. 

 

It was lunch time. From the ring of the bell she hid behind Eunji all the way to the cafateria. The rest of Apink were wondering what was mentally wrong with Naeun until they decided to give up. 

Naeun sat at the very back of the cafateria squeezed into her 2 unnies. She ate in silence, obviously. But she never made a noise or attempted to even move. 

Apink kept looking at Naeun awkwardly as if asking 'what are you doing?'. They watched as Naeun looked around carefully. They were all confused. 

"Son Naeun!" A voice yelled at the other side of the cafateria. 

She shivered and tried hiding underneath the table. 

The rest of Apnk watched the two of them in amusement. 

"Son Naeun don't even hide from me I saw you!" 

Naeun mentally groaned as she got up from the table looking at a pissed off Lee Taemin. 

 

She caught it. She caught Taemin's 1 second smirk. Not the sexy smirk, but the evil I'm going to kill you face that she always sees. 

Naeun was now mutely screaming in the arms of Lee Taemin. He man handeled her in the hallways, ignoring the weird looks from the students in the hallways innocently living their peaceful lives. 

He walked all the way up onto the roof despite the punches from Naeun. He knew he would have a huge bruise there in awhile. He didn't mind at all, he was too busy concentating on not dropping her. 

He dropped Naeun onto the ground and glared at her. He knew if she could, she would be cursing at him. Naeun got up and dusted her skirt before glaring at the man who glared right back at her. 

 

Nobody talked, they only glared. That is until Taemin was fed up with it. "So what's your answer?" He asked annoyed. 

Naeun kicked him in the shin. He groaned as he rubbed the spot that was going to be purple by the end of the day. 

"What's your problem?!" He yelled.

Naeun rolled her eyes and started making her way to the door. Taemin ran and blocked her way, he was the only obstacle to over come. 

"Before you kick me again. I need to know your answer.."

Naeun once again rolled her eyes and looked Taemin straight in the eyes. Taemin didn't waver and looked right back into hers. 

Somewhere along the way he got lost in them. They were a beautiful shade of brown. It was hazelnut and.. just beautiful. He cut the eye contact when he realized what was happening. Of course unknown to Naeun. 

Naeun mouthed the words, "Pabo. I can't talk and you dragged me here without my notebook."

 

Taemin was at loss for words. He felt really stupid. He obviously needed to think through his plans a lot more. No more think then do. He need to think, plan then do.

"Then nod, yes or no." He simply said. 

Naeun looked at him wide eyed. Then she shrugged, no. 

He was once again at a loss for words. That seemed to be happening to him alot. 

"Why not?! Any girl would be happy to be in your position!" He protested. 

"Because you're annoying."

He scoffed, "All you have to do is dance!"

 

A silence filled the air. Naeun was left gaping like a fish. Taemin was waiting for her comeback until he realized what was happening.. He smirked. 

 

"I want you to be my dance partner.. Not my girlfriend." 

Naeun's face turned red. He chuckled, "Give me your phone."

Naeun facepalmed. "It's in my bag. I obviously don't have it with me."

Taemin rolled his eyes at her. He dug his hands into his pocket and pulled out a pen. He grabbed Naeun's wrist then wrote his cell phone number on her arm. 

"Text me. You'll need to know when to come and stuff.' 

He walked away just like that. 

 

Naeun was left on the roof wondering what had just happened. She mentally groaned as she ran to class. Their 'little meeting' took longer than expected, she was late for her next class. 

 

Naeun was sitting down in a class by herself. She had just gotten herself 2 hour detention for being late to class. Taemin was magically there, somehow he was able to avoid his detention, so she was by herself. 

The only noise that could be heard in the room was the sound of the clock ticking and her pencil tapping the table. She mentally groaned as she looked back at the clock. 

 

Only 1 hour and 55 minutes left.. great. 

She sat there bored until the door opened. She looked behind her to see him. 

"Why are you here?" She wrote on a paper. 

"I have detention.." Taemin said casually as he took a seat beside her. 

Naeun shook her head saying 'no.'

He chuckled, "I have nothing else to do.."

She nodded in reply. 

 

At least now she wasn't alone. She smiled as she faced away from him. Unknown to her, he was doing the exact same thing.