12

Singing plus a Mute

Naeun laid in her bed. Her eyes shut tightly. Her hands gripping the sheets around her as mute whimpers left her mouth. 

 

Him. 

His voice. 

His touch. 

 

"Just die."

"What's the point if you can't sing anymore?"

"You useless piece of trash."

"Die."

 

A hand found it's self on Naeuns arm. Her eyes opened at the contact. She shot up in bed her eyes red, tears rushing down her face. Her mom was at the side of her bed looking at her with an expression of worry evident on her face. 

 

"You okay?" She asks. 

Naeun nodds in reply. 

Her mom kissed her forehead, "I'm so sorry.. about everything.. that I wasn't able to save you from him. That even to this day, he still haunts you." 

Naeun looked her mom straight in the eye and smiled slightly. 

"Goodnight." 

Even though she knew that there wouldn't be a reply to her, she smiled then soon left. 

 

Naeun grabbed her cell phone from her nightstand and texted Eunji, unnie are you sleeping? She threw her phone to her side as she waited for a reply. Her eyes never left her phone. Her mind too scared to sleep and close her eyes again. 

A reply never came. 

She wasn't particuarlly close to any other of the members. The only person she could talk to left was.. Taemin. She mentally scoffed. Why would she bother texting that butt? Why did she even have his number? 

Then she realized that she was talking to herself. She mentally laughed to herself. 

Who cares if she texts him? He probably won't even reply. 


And so her fingers started typing, Yah.. Pabo are you sleeping? Her eyes left her phone as she stared at the blank ceiling. Soon enough she felt her phone vibrate. Naeun turned and quickly unlocked her phone to see that she got a reply, surprisingly from Taemin. Zzzzz. Naeun face palmed at his stupid text. 

Pabo. You're obviously awake. She texted back. 

Soon enough he replied back. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Naeun threw her phone down. It was practically pointless to continue texting this idiot. She stopped replying but another text popped up. Naeun looked to see that it was once again from Taemin. NAEUN-AH IM NOT SLEEEEEEPING ^^

Naeun smiled slightly. She totally liked the text Taemin better than the in person bratty annoying one. She quickly replied back, Zzzzzzz. -_- 

 

Little did Naeun know.. Taemin was in his dorm between his umma and appa who were squeezing him to death. He didn't even know why they were even in his room. 

Each text Naeun would send made him smile. Each time she would reply angry or sarcatically (all of them) he would chuckle quietly. He liked being able to text. 

It was like she had a voice. 

He liked the idea of actually conversing with her. 

Another vibrate was felt on the top of his head board he quickly opened his new text from Naeun, Zzzzzzz. -_- A smirk was formed on the young idols face. He sent another text, you're copying meee ;') 

His eyes started to get heavy as he realized that Naeun hasn't sent a text back. Its been an hour. Taemin yawned as he concluded that she probably fell asleep. He smiled at the thought of Naeun sleeping with her phone in her hand. He grabbed his phone for the last text, Goodnight Naeun ah. (: 

 

Naeun was able to sleep peacefully. Her night wasn't occupied by the monster that haunted her. Instead, for now, it was her annoying classmate, Lee Taemin. 

 

She woke up to be alone. She was already used to it after all. Her parents were barely home. In the mornings she was only able to find breakfast on the table made by her mom earlier. 

At least she bother to make me breakfast this time Naeun thought as she rolled her eyes while microwaving the food. As she waited for the food to finish she went back up to her room to where she fell asleep with her phone. 

Taemin sent one new message. She opened it. As soon as she saw it a smile was formed onto her face. She put the phone in her bag and went back down to get her breakfast. 

 

The only thing on her mind besides her food was a certain idol.