予期しない真実: Unexpected Truth

[TF] Off Screen Lovers

04. 予期しない真実
Unexpected Truth.

Note: Italics in the beginning is a flashback. The beginning is the supposedly continuation of the conversation between Yoochun and Changmin from last chapter.




"So how did you two...break-up? If you don't mind. I mean, if it's such a painful memory you don't have to answer--actually, don't even try to remember. You know what, it's okay, never mind hyung, just forget about it."

I slapped myself mentally. It wasn't obvious that I was digging out information was it? No. Calm down, Changmin, calm down. Breathe in, breathe out, let's try this again in a more mature and calm manner.

"Do you really want to know?" He chuckled in amusement, raising a brow at me.

"Um...sure?" I stared, relieved that I didn't need to repeat what I intended to say.

He smiled at nothing but the stars and leaned back against the chair, closing his eyes for a moment as if he's trying to recall the memory. Curiosity continued to build inside of me as I waited patiently for the words to come out from his mouth.

"RiIn grew up in a musical household. Both her parents are violinists, in fact, her whole bloodline is involved in music. If one relative from the Zhang family is not musically talented or not involved in music in any way--for example--it's a shame and disappointment to the family," he sighed, eyes still closed.

I frowned, not knowing how this relates to the question I brought up. "How's this related to my question?"

"If you want to know the answer, wait. Let me give her background first, because if I don't, you'll ask more questions later and I don't want to answer every single one of them, knowing you," he opened his eyes and continued to look back at the stars.

"Before I was rudely interrupted," he went on, sarcasm pointing at me, "RiIn is a violinist. You should know that, if you don't."

"I've seen her play a few times, mind you."

He smirked before facing me with a straight face; an expression he wore when we were in a serious matter.

"RiIn wanted to become a singer rather than playing the violin her whole life. She wanted to be something else that didn't involve the violin. She wanted to prove her parents that playing the damn instrument isn't the only way to be involved in music, that becoming a singer is her goal," his voice gradually faded.

I stood in silence, still wondering how the information is related to my question. "Hyung...I don't get it."

He laughed quietly, almost in a forced way. "Your question was already answered, pabo."


***


I don't know how my reaction should be.

I don't know why I ran away from Changmin.

I don't know why I'm here.

I don't know why I'm desperately looking for her.




I don't know...I don't why I'm feeling so much pain.



"Jun...su? You're back...why? It's almost four in the morning," Ara frowned, noticing a tint of sadness in his eyes. "Are you alright?"

"I'm sorry for bothering you at this time, but--"

"She was looking for you," she suddenly smiled, knowing what his intention of being here was.

"What?" He asked in shock, though a small feeling of happiness tugging at his heart.

"She woke up shortly after you left, and asked for you. I think she knows."

Junsu stood at the apartment room's doorway, scared of the thought of what RiIn would think and ask when he sees her. Clearing his throat, he whispered almost inaudibly, "can I see her?"

"Junsu?" A small figure appeared at the end of the hallway, surprised to see him at their door at this time.

"RiIn," he breathed.


***


"RiIn?"



This was picture Junsu hyung was describing about; how the petite figure stood near the window, sunlight reflecting on her auburn hair, without even a second glance I'd say she was glowing under nature's light. This was the picture he said he saw almost every day since she stood at the same place--her violin and music sheets were placed there--at the right weather, with probably almost the same posture.

She wasn't just some picture, she was also a painting.*

"Changmin-sshi...? Can I help you with anything?"

And that was the angelic voice both Yoochun and Junsu hyung mentioned.

"Oh um..." I regained my posture, clearing my throat. "Not really. Junsu hyung sent me here and wanted me to get to know you, he thinks you need more friends--not that you don't have any, I'm pretty sure you have a bunch of SM staff and unnies befriending you of course. And I'm really not busy at that moment, so I thought I'd stop by and see if you were still here; after all, Yoochun said you're always at this place--"

Then she giggled, stopping me from talking any further.

"I'm...rambling, am I?" I laughed nervously, palms sweating suddenly.

"It's alright. Junsu oppa is like that too, I got used to it," she replied gently, her informality catching my attention. "So what do you want to talk about?"

"Oppa?" I took a seat next to her. "You call hyung, oppa?"

"Yes, is there something wrong? Should I still call him Junsu-sshi? He told me not to," her expression turned to worriment.

"No, no! It's not that, don't get me wrong. Just..." I paused, heat rising to my cheeks. "Can you...call me oppa too? I mean, if you want to of course. I'm not forcing you, but I always wanted someone to call me oppa because even my own sister doesn't call me that, and I know were not close and all--"

"Sure!" She chirped, her giggles filling the room again. "I'd love to. You said were not close, but...we can close that gap and become friends right?"

I grinned, patting her head gently, "definitely. Friends?"

"Friends!"

_________________________________

Any questions regarding confusions may be found here

CHAPTER FIVE COMING LATER TODAY!

Some parts are difficult to translate >.<

 

* I'm sorry if this part does not make sense, I can't really translate what the author meant without making it sound weird = = Sorry. I'll edit it once I come up with a better translation.

Thanks for reading.

Replies:

iamforgotten: Ah, POVs >.< I got confused too when I read it, haha. Orginally the POVs aren't labeled because it shifts to first person, then third person, it'll be weird if it was like: [Third POV] then [Junsu POV] :3 And then it changes character view too @.@ But hopefully in the end, the readers are able to figure out who's point of view is who's :D

chocophins: LOL, coming! It'll be posted later today ;)

ninirose: Oh thank you! :D