再び失わ: Lost Again

[TF] Off Screen Lovers

01.再び失わ
Lost again.





She was ten minutes late to vocal practice.

The vocal teacher decided to have a long coffee break since her other student wasn't here yet.

I, on the other hand, waited for the petite figure to pop out from the entrance patiently.

My eyes traveled to the keys of the piano, luring me in into its open invitation. I laughed to myself, when was the last time I laid my hands onto its keys? But nevertheless, I sat down, and looked at the music sheet before me.


Timeless


I have lost count to how many times we've sang this song together. I memorized the piece of music over and over, that when we practiced the song, I didn't bother looking at the music sheet anymore, but her.

Only her throughout the whole song, mesmerized by the simplicity of her beauty, and the powerful voice behind it.

My hands played on its own, stoking each key slowly, moving on its own as if it knows the song itself onto the right key, perfecting the melody.

As I came to the last note, I opened my eyes slowly, unaware of the small girl behind me.

"That was beautiful. You didn't tell me you play piano."

I smiled at her through the mirror in front of us, "You're late...again."

"Only 15 minutes," she pouted, still not getting the fact that it doesn't matter how short the time is, if you're late, then you're late.

"Seongsaengnim went to get a coffee break, so you're late," I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"She's always on break," she eyed the music sheet, her facial expression turning to worriment.

"You're scared," I whispered, facing her towards me.

"No I'm not. Just...nervous."

"You'll do great, I promise. Tomorrow, when we get on that stage, look at me, that way you won't be nervous."

"How do you know that I can trust everything on you," she whispered quietly, not loud enough for me to hear.

Instead of asking to repeat what she said, I wondered to myself...


She never told me why she was late.


 

***




"You ready?" She squeezed my hand tightly, eyebrows knitting together. "Remember, just look at me, okay?"

"Okay."


 

***





Maybe no one has seen it, but I did. The minute we got off that stage, she ran. She ran to a place where she thought I didn't know...only I did.

Except, when I got there, to that place, someone was already by her side, comforting her to no end, whispering his calm words in her ears, wiping her tears, putting a smile onto her delicate face.

Not wanting to disturb their moment, I took three steps back, turned around, and sighed deeply to myself.

Kim Junsu, you had lost once again.