Friend emergency

Falling for her tutor

“What do you think you are doing?” Kevin’s voice sounded mad through the phone as Yumi bit her lip. “Where the hell are you? You are supposed to be learning math now.” Yumi sighed. “I’m sorry Kevin but Eun-Mi needs me. Friend emergency.” Yumi tried her best to sound as serious as she could. She heard Kevin give up. “Fine.. But this means you have double up on Saturday.” Yumi agreed to the terms and hung up. “Thank you Kevin.. Now I need to make sure Eun-Mi is okay.”

Yumi didn’t even ring the doorbell as she arrived to Eun-Mi’s house. She busted through the door and ran to Eun-Mi’s room. “Eun-Mi!?” Yumi called out as she slowly opened the door to her friend’s room. “I’m under the bed.” Eun-Mi said as Yumi entered the room. “Under the bed? Why?” Eun-Mi’s head showed up under the sheets. “In case he showed up.” Yumi shook her head. “You seriously need to do something about that whole Eli thing.” Yumi said as she sat down on the bed next to Eun-Mi’s head. Eun-Mi groaned as she crawled out. “I know.. I just don’t how.” Eun-Mi pouted as she threw herself on the bed. “Why does he have to be such a flirt and so good looking and good at sports too? I can’t work with that!” Yumi patted her friend’s thigh. “Something tells me you’ve got a serious crush now.” Eun-Mi gave her friend a sad look. “I’ve fallen hard.” Yumi shook her head at her friend. “Don’t give me that look! I can’t help it.. And who are you to judge Miss I’ve-got-my-first-boyfriend-who-is-a-total-darling-and-didn’t-even-tell-my-bestfriend.” Eun-Mi pointed her finger at Yumi’s face. “You know I didn’t mean not to tell you.. I just didn’t think we were a couple until last week.” Eun-Mi narrowed her eyes as she shook her head in disappointment. Yumi took one of Eun-Mi’s teddy bears and threw it at Eun-Mi. “Do you want my help or not? I was actually supposed to be at my tutoring lesson now.” Eun-Mi sat up as she took a deep breath. “Okay, here is what happened.”

“He took you to the roof!?” Yumi exclaimed as she stared at Eun-Mi in disbelief. “Yes.. I’m not sure if it’s because he likes me or wants to pick a fight with me. You never go up there unless it’s one of those reasons.” Yumi frowned. “He wouldn’t pick a fight with a girl, would he?” Eun-Mi shrugged. “I dunno.” Both girls sighed. “How do we find out?” Eun-Mi tapped her chin while she was thinking. “I’ll just ask him at practice tomorrow.” Yumi’s eyes got big. “You can’t just ask him that! Just imagine how I would sound.. So I wanted to know if you like me or wanna fight me. That would be like killing yourself.” Eun-Mi rolled her eyes. “So dramatic… You know I’m a forward person.” Yumi nodded. “But still.” Eun-Mi ruffled her hair as she lay back down on her bed with a groan. “Why are guys so hard to figure out? Why can’t he just be as straight forward as he is normally? Why not tell me instead of mysteriously bring me to the roof. He didn’t even say anything while we were there.” Yumi shrugged as she lay down next to her best friend. “Isn’t Eli in the same class as Kevin?” Yumi asked as she played with a little green frog Eun-Mi had next to her pillow. Eun-Mi mad a thinking expression. “Now that you mention it, he actually is. They hate each other though.” Yumi frowned. “My boyfriend does not hate people.” Eun-Mi raised her eyebrow. “Have you ever seen them next to each other? It can get brutal pretty fast. I’ve seen it at practice a few times.” Yumi’s turned to her stomach. “What do they do?” Eun-Mi looked to Yumi. “Are you sure your innocent mind can handle it?” Yumi frowned as Eun-Mi flashed a teasing smile. “Okay oaky!” Eun-Mi chuckled as she turned to her stomach as well. “They constantly smack talk each other and do what they can to be better than the other. They also pull down each other’s pants when we are in a match. That’s why the trainer never let them play together when we play against other schools.” Yumi’s mouth was slightly open as she looked at Eun-Mi. “How on earth can you keep playing with the boys if they pull down each other’s pants?” Yumi asked with a shocked look on her face and a small blush forming from the thought of Kevin without pants on. “Well it gets pretty hard when it’s Eli but he’s too fast for the others so it hardly happens, Unless I’m the one who does it, since I’m faster than him.” Yumi’s jaw dropped. “EUN-MI!! You can’t do that!” Eun-Mi couldn’t help but laugh. “It’s not like I see their..” Yumi held her hand over Eun-Mi’s mouth. “STOP!” Yumi closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. “I know what you mean. There is no need to say it out loud.” Eun-Mi just nodded and leaned on her elbows. “I’m there for the soccer not for the guys.” Yumi sent Eun-Mi a sceptic look. “Okay a bit for Eli too.. But I was there before him!” Yumi chuckled. “I still can’t believe they allowed you to be on the boys’ team.” Eun-Mi flashed a proud smile. “I’m just that awesome.” Both girls laughed as the turned to their backs again.

“Is Kevin mad that you are here?” Eun-Mi asked as the two girls was preparing some snacks. “No.. He just doubled up our study session this Saturday.” Yumi pouted. “I wanted to take him somewhere special but I guess that can wait till next week.” Eun-Mi patted her friend back as comfort. “Want me to make him ease down on the hours?” Yumi tilted her head in confusion. “How will you do that?” Eun-Mi smirked as she let out an evil laugh. “Plan your date and I’ll make sure he makes the study session shorter.” Yumi gave her friend a nervous look. “This can’t be good.. Poor Kevin.” Eun-Mi frowned as she saw Yumi’s face. “Ya! It’s not something bad.. Please think better of me.” Yumi shook her head. “How can I when I know how devious you can get?” Eun-Mi smiled. “True true.”

Yumi sat on the couch as Eun-Mi came with their snacks. “So where is Soohyun these days?” Yumi asked as she took a fruit stick. “Urgh.. Out with his girlfriend.” Eun-Mi made an annoyed sound. “Woah.. Someone is not happy about her brothers new love interest.” Eun-Mi shook her head. “She is a total .. She broke my new soccer ball on purpose because Soohyun didn’t pay enough attention to her, since he was practicing with me. Then she forced me to stand outside in the rain because she wanted alone time with him. She complains when I cook too and I’m a freaking good cook!” Yumi shook her head in frustration. “Urgh she sounds awful.” Eun-Mi nodded. “But luckily she’s going to Paris for six months… btw… I heard Dongho got back. Have you talked to him yet?” Yumi looked to her lap as a sad look covered her face. “Let me guess.. He’s not pleased with you and Kevin..” Yumi nodded as she made a sad pout. “He looked so hurt.” Eun-Mi wrapped her arm around Yumi’s shoulders. “Don’t worry.. He will quickly find out he can’t live whiteout an awesome friend like you. He will be crawling back in no time!” Eun-Mi gave a thumb up as she tried to reassure Yumi that he just needed time. Yumi sighed. “I need to talk to him.” Eun-Mi nodded. “Yumi fighting! I’m here if you need me.” The girls hugged each other and decided to watch a movie.

~*~

“If I win you’ll have to do it, okay?” Kevin bit his lips as he looked over at Eun-Mi. “I thought you wanted her to do better in math too.” Eun-Mi nodded. “I do but I also want her to be happy and right now she’s not.” Kevin made a worried face. “She’s not happy?” Eun-Mi shook her head. “Nope.. So get your but back in the goal and let’s settle this so you can make her happy!” Eun-Mi stomped her foot in the ground as she pointed at the goal. “What if I say you don’t need to beat me for me to do it?” Kevin sounded nervous about blocking Eun-Mi’s shots. Eun-Mi made a superior look. “You are not gonna get off that easy. You said I would never be able to get 5 goals in while you were the keeper.. I’m gonna prove you wrong pretty boy.”

Eli walked past the soccer field as he saw Eun-Mi kick a ball right past Kevin head without Kevin even reacting. Eli chuckled as he noticed how shocked Kevin looked. “Ya! At least try and block it!” Eun-Mi exclaimed as she put her hands on her hips. “How the hell can you shoot like that?” Eun-Mi shook her head in annoyance. “You’ve seen me shoot goals like this before.. Pull it together!” Kevin sighed as he got ready for her next shot. This time Kevin blocked it. Eun-Mi flashed a pleased smile as Kevin finally stepped in character as the goal keeper everyone was proud of.

Eli slowly walked in on the field and sat down on the grass to watch where the match was going. He jumped up when he felt a hand on his shoulder. “Sorry did I scare you?” Yumi worriedly asked as she sat down next to Eli. Eli shook his head as he turned his attention back to Kevin and Eun-Mi’s match. “Who’s winning?” Yumi asked. Eli shrugged. “So far it’s 1-0 to Eun-Mi.” Yumi clapped her hands in excitement. “Go Eun-Mi!” Eli raised his eyebrow at her. “Aren’t you supposed to be on your boyfriend’s side?” Yumi flashed a smile. “She’s doing it for me.” Eli made a puzzled look. “I want him to go on a date with me this Saturday but he’s only focused on studying. Eun-Mi said she had a plan to make him go.” Eli chuckled. “Of course she had.” Yumi glanced as Eli with a small smile. “Do you like Eun-Mi?” Eli almost chocked on his own spit. “So you are!?” Yumi exclaimed happily as she patted Eli on the back. “I didn’t say I liked her.” Yumi frowned. “What? I never said it.” Yumi shook her head and gave him a judging look. “What?” Eli and Yumi got pulled out of their conversation when they heard Kevin cheer. “TAKE THAT! I said you couldn’t beat me and I was RIGHT!” Eun-Mi slowly walked over to Kevin and placed her hands at the collar of his shirt. Both Eli and Yumi quickly got up. “Oh , her temper is gonna smash Kevin’s face.” Eli said as he studied Eun-Mi’s body language.

“Are you gonna do as I say?” Kevin gulped as he looked at Eun-Mi. “Yes! I’ll do whatever you say, please don’t hurt me.” Kevin protected his face with his hands. Eun-Mi flashed a breathtaking smile as she let go of Kevin and patted his shoulder. “Good boy.” Eun-Mi turned away to get her bag and noticed both Yumi and Eli. “When did you guys get here?” Yumi quickly ran to Kevin as she glared at Eun-Mi. “What? I didn’t do anything. You know I don’t hurt people who are weaker than me.” Eun-Mi gave a bright smile. “Sorry if I scared you Kevin but it was for Yumi.” Kevin just made a “no problem” face. “I know you so it’s really okay.” Eun-Mi nodded as she took her bag and started to walk off. “Hey Eun-Mi. Wait up!” Eli shouted as he ran after her leaving Yumi and Kevin alone on the soccer field.

“What’s up with Eli?” Kevin asked as he wrapped his arms around Yumi’s waist. “He likes Eun-Mi and Eun-Mi likes him.” Kevin just nodded and looked down at Yumi. “So what is it you want me to do since you made Eun-Mi attack me?” Kevin asked with a chuckle as he kissed Yumi’s forehead. Yumi blushed as she locked eyes with Kevin. “Uhm.. Well… You see..” Yumi started to play with her fingers as she nervously looked away. “I have this place I want to take you to.” Kevin’s eyes got big with excitement. “Really? Where?” Yumi looked up at him. “It’s a secret.”