The first date

Falling for her tutor

“You are what?” Hoon crossed his arms over his chest as he glared at his younger sister. “Tonight I am going on a date with Kevin.” Yumi said slowly and clearly. “We are going out for dinner.” Hoon’s lips turned into a thin line. “I don’t approve of this.” Yumi smiled to herself. “That is why have arranged for you to spend the entire weekend with Eunhee, so she can detract you and we both know she is really good at that.” Yumi flashed a smile as she took out a bag with everything Hoon needed to visit his girlfriend. “Drive safe.” Hoon’s frown disappeared as he chuckled at his sister’s eagerness. “Fine, you’ll get your way but only because Eunhee approves.” Yumi threw her fist in the air. “Thank you Eunhee!” Hoon laughed as he wrapped his arms around Yumi. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t have done.” Yumi frowned. “That means I can’t do anything…” Hoon pinched Yumi’s cheek. “Ya… I’m not that boring.” Yumi laughed as she hugged her brother tightly. “Say hi to Eunhee for me and tell her that I owe her one.” Hoon nodded and gave Yumi a gentle kiss on the forehead. “Take care and try not to burn the house down.” Yumi made a cute pout. “You know I can’t promise that. This house is a danger zone for me.” Hoon sent Yumi a stern look. “Okay okay… I promise.” She sweetly smiled as Hoon walked out the door. “Now what do I wear?”

“Should I wear a skirt? Do I even have one?” Yumi scratched the back of her head as she was searching through her closet. “Uh uh uh..” Yumi exclaimed as she found was she was looking for. She held out her arms as she looked at her dark blue sweater. She matched it with a white button up shirt to go underneath, a pair of black shorts and her blue ballerina shoes. She let her hair fall along her left shoulder and fixed her makeup to be more visible than usual. “Wauw… I actually look pretty cute.” Yumi smiled at herself in the mirror. “I hope Kevin likes it…” Yumi nodded in approval of her look before she walked to the living room.

After about a good 20 minutes the doorbell rang. Yumi quickly ran to the door and checked herself in the hallway mirror before opening the door. “Hi sunbae!” Yumi cheerfully greeted as Kevin just stared at her. “What? Is there something on my clothes?” Yumi looked down at herself. Kevin shook his head as he smiled. “You just look so… Cute.” Yumi felt a small blush coming on as she started to fittle with her fingers. Yumi noticed that they were matching in colours as Kevin was wearing white skinny jeans, a blue V-neck t-shirt and a black and white striped cardigan. He looked really cool in something so simple. Kevin held out a red rose as he sweetly smiled at Yumi. “This is for you.” Yumi’s eyes went wide. “Th-thank y-you.” Yumi stuttered as she took the flower from Kevin. Their hands slightly touched as Yumi’s cheeks instantly became red. Kevin took her free hand and held it against his lips and gave it a small tender kiss. “I’m really looking forward to this.” Yumi made a little giggle as she followed Kevin out into the warm summer evening.

“So what did you do with your brother? I prepared myself for a -why it’s a good thing I’m taking Yumi out- speech.” Yumi chuckled. “I got his girlfriend to detract him this entire weekend. That reminds me… I have no curfew.” She flashed a big smile and so did Kevin. “No curfew huh?” Kevin squeezed Yumi’s hand a little. “I’ll make sure you get a great night then.” They exchanged smiles. “So where exactly are we going?” Kevin sweetly smiled. “My favourite place in the entire town. The moonlight restaurant.” Yumi’s eyes widened. “But that is like really expensive!” Kevin just chuckled. “I have the money for it, so don’t worry and just enjoy me spoiling you.” Yumi blushed as she looked to the ground. “It’s our first date and he’s already spoiling me? I’m getting nervous now.” Kevin noticed her troubled look. “I said don’t worry. I want to do this.” Yumi made a small smile. “Okay sunbae.” Kevin stopped walking and Yumi confusingly looked up at him. “Call me Kevin from now on.” Yumi just nodded as she smiled to herself. “Kevin… I like the sound of that.”

The restaurant was relatively empty but that didn’t matter because Yumi had always loved this place. She used to eat here every year on her birthday with her parents, so it had a deep meaning to her. She also knew the owner quite well and used to hang out with her son, but since he was in China they didn’t really get to talk much. “It looks just as perfect as ever.” Yumi said with a breathtaking smile that made Kevin give her an extra glance. “You come here often?” Yumi smiled. “I used to and I know the owners son.” Kevin just nodded and was about to say something when Yumi suddenly got lifted up into the air by a person he did not know.

“YUMI!” Yumi gasped as a pair of arms was around her waist and her feet lifted from the ground. “Dongho? You are back!” Yumi hugged the younger boy back as she laughed. Dongho sat her back down on the ground. “It’s been so long! When did you get back?” Dongho flashed a sweet smile. “Just this morning. I was actually on my way out to see you. Wauw you look good today!” Yumi smiled. She then noticed Kevin’s puzzled look. “Oh… Dongho this is Kevin. Kevin this is Dongho, the owner’s son.” Dongho held out his hand for Kevin to shake. “Hi.” Kevin did as gestured too. “Hello.” Dongho smiled. “So are you this little lady’s boyfriend?” Dongho poked Yumi in the side as she jumped back with wide eyes. “Ya! Don’t just ask so bluntly.” Kevin chuckled at her reaction. “No but I wish I were.” Yumi froze as Kevin looked at her. She swallowed hard. “OMO!! He wants to be my…. Boyfriend?” Dongho’s once cheerful expression slightly changed and Kevin noticed. “Oh no…” Kevin took Yumi’s hand into a firm grip. “I’m really sorry but we are on a date and I would like it if we could get to continue it.” Dongho made a -no problem- expression and showed them to a free table. “A waiter will be with you shortly. It was nice to see you again Yumi. Let’s meet up sometime soon.” Dongho waved as he walked of. “So she met a guy while I was gone.. Not good.”

“You seem to know him well.” Kevin stated as he took a sip of the water he had ordered. “Who? Dongho?... Yeah, I used to take care of him once in a while. He’s 3 years younger than me. Hoon, our parents and I came here often so.” Kevin nodded as he looked around the room. “He seems to like you.” Kevin sounded a slightly bit irritated. Yumi tilted her head. “Nah… He’s like a brother and that’s it.” Kevin narrowed his eyes. “It doesn’t seem like he thinks that. Wait... Am I getting jealous on our first date? What’s wrong with me!?” Yumi snapped her fingers in front of Kevin. “Are you okay?” Kevin nodded. “Oh yeah.. Completely fine.” Yumi nervously looked at him before she bit her bottom lip. “Are you jealous?” Kevin looked up in shock as roughly shook his head. “No no no… We aren’t even together, so of course not.” Yumi seemed a bit disappointed by his answer. She was about to say something when their orders arrived. Yumi let the matter slide as she decided it would only be bothersome if she tried to get something out of him.

“You did? Cheater!” Yumi exclaimed. “How? I can’t even get my favourite teacher to do that for me.” Kevin laughed. “You can get a hell of a way with aegyo on a female teacher when you’re Kevin Woo.” Yumi laughed. “Maybe that’s why it never works for me.. She’s female too.” They both smiled. “Try on one of the male teachers then. Maybe you can secure a good grade in chemistry?” Yumi shook her head. “No.. I hate cheating.” Kevin nodded as he held both his thumps up. “Smart girl.” Yumi smiled. “Should we get going? We’ve already been here for almost three hours.” Kevin asked as he was looking at his watch. “Really, that long? I guess time really do fly when you are in good company.” Yumi said as she sweetly smiled at Kevin. “I does.” Kevin held out his hand for Yumi as he stood up. “Follow me milady.” Yumi giggled as she took his hand in a firm grip. “Will do good sir… This is so lame.” Yumi laughed as she followed Kevin out of the restaurant.

“Where do you wanna go? Since you have no curfew we have plenty of time.” Kevin asked as they walked down the sidewalk. “Hmm.. You decide.” Kevin made a pouty face. “But I asked you.” Yumi chuckled. “And I’m deciding that you can decide.” Kevin tapped his chin as he pulled Yumi a bit closer to him. Yumi slightly blushed as she looked to the ground. “How about the junior club?” Yumi made a nervous face. “I’m not much of a club person.” Kevin smiled. “Oh don’t worry… I’ll take care of you. Besides it’s alcohol free.” Yumi thought for a second. “Okay.. But this will be the last time.” Kevin nodded while he flashed a triumphing smile.

The music was loud and the junior club was pretty crowded. Yumi frowned as she saw all the young people scattered around the dance floor. “Do we really have to be here?” Yumi asked while glancing at Kevin. “I promise you that this will be fun.” Kevin said as he led her to a table close to the dance floor. Kevin waved his hand to two guys sitting a table further down. “Your friends?” Kevin nodded and took Yumi with him to greet them. “Hi guys… So this is Yumi.” Kevin pointed to Yumi, who just stood like a statue. “Yumi this is Kiseop.” Kevin pointed to the guy who had a perfect face, just like Kevin. Kiseop made a peace sign as he brightly smiled. “And that is Jaeseop.” The catlike guy frowned as he looked at Kevin. “AJ… Thank you very much.” Kevin rolled his eyes. “Okay.. AJ then.” AJ smiled as he stood up to greet Yumi. “Hello there.” Yumi said “hello” to both of them before she sat down between Kevin and Kiseop.

“So are you dating yet?” Kiseop asked as he looked to Kevin. Kevin smiled. “We are on a date right now actually.” Kiseop and AJ both clapped their hands. “That was about time. You haven’t shut up about this girl since you started tutoring her.” AJ said with a smirk. Yumi eyes went big as the words left AJ’s lips. “YA! You are not supposed to say that!” Kevin complained as he made an extremely cute pouty face. “You…” Yumi started as she looked up at Kevin, slightly blushing. “You’ve talked about me?” Kevin nodded his head as he suddenly felt really embarrassed. “He likes you a lot Yumi.” Kiseop said as he gently smiled at her. Yumi’s blush turned darker. Kevin hid his face in his hands as he made a annoyed sound. Yumi couldn’t help but laugh. “You are taking this almost like a girl.” She said as she smiled. Kevin looked up at Yumi with a frown. “I am certainly not a girl.” Yumi tilted her head. “I didn’t say you were.” Kevin narrowed his eyes as he moved closer to Yumi. “But you thought it.” Yumi just shook her head with a small smirk on her lips. “I am not even close to being a girl!” Kevin exclaimed as AJ and Kiseop laughed. “Yeah and we are the kings of Sweden.” AJ said as he leaned back in his seat. “WHAT?” Kevin became agitated as he took Yumi’s hand into his. “I’m on date with a girl…” Kiseop smirked. “That doesn’t prove anything.” Kevin stood up and dragged Yumi with him to the dance floor.

“What are you doing?” Yumi asked all confused as she got dragged away by Kevin. “I’m gonna show those freaking dunderheads that I am not like a girl.” Kevin sternly said as he looked back at the table. Yumi felt a bit uneasy about the situation since she typically got carried away while dancing. “Isn’t there a better way to prove it?” Kevin smirked. “Well there is but that only proves my , not that I’m acting like a guy.” Yumi’s eyes went wide as she understood what Kevin was referring to. She quickly hid her face so Kevin couldn’t see how flustered it was. Yumi suddenly felt Kevin’s hands on her waist as he pulled her closer. “Just follow my lead. We need to make this look y.” Yumi gulped as she looked into Kevin’s playful eyes while placing her hands on Kevin’s shoulders. Kevin smiled as he noticed her flustered face.

They slowly started to move to the rhythm as they both came closer together. “Are you ready to spice it up?” Kevin asked as Yumi just quickly shook her head. “Oh come one.. Let you hair down!” Yumi bit her bottom lip as she thought about the situation. She glanced at Kiseop and AJ, who was very concentrated on her and Kevin. “Just this once.” Kevin flashed a big smile as he pulled Yumi as close as he could. Yumi slightly gasped by his sudden move. “Dr. Feelgood” started playing as Kevin moved his hands lower down Yumi’s hips. She knew how to dance and normally wouldn’t be afraid to show it but being this close to Kevin made her tense and hot. Kevin’s lips moved to Yumi’s ear as he whispered. “Loosen up.” Yumi felt a shiver go down her spine as she felt Kevin’s breath just below her ear. She took a deep breath. “Now or never… Fighting!” Yumi then changed her attitude completely. She turned herself into a dancer.

Kevin was shocked to see this new side of Yumi but he also found it pretty attractive. Her moves would be able to compare with Kiseop’s and he was known to be the best of the best. Yumi moved her hips against Kevin’s, earning wide eyes and a flustered expression. “Woah.. How did you learn to dance like this?” Kevin asked as his grip around Yumi’s hips tightened. “Dancing to K-pop videos in my room at home.” She flashed a breathtaking smile. Kevin smiled back as he brought his face closer to Yumi’s. Kevin grinded his body against Yumi’s as they both completely let go to the beat. “I am actually doing this! I never do this! God this feels.. wauw… And he looks so good and and..  I probably shouldn’t mention this to Hoon when he gets home… Gosh I feel hot…”

Kevin’s face was now so close that their lips were only inches away from touching. Kevin could hear some cheering shouts from their table and smirked. “I told you so..” Kevin’s hands started to move up Yumi’s back as hers was around his neck. Kevin looked into Yumi’s eyes as the last part of the song played. They were both painting slightly from the dance. “You are pretty hot at dancing.” Kevin said with small smile as Yumi felt her body heat up even more. “You are not pretty bad yourself.” They smiled and slowly pulled away as the song ended, both with slightly flustered faces. AJ was cheering like crazy as they returned to their table. “Whoop whoop! Yumi knows how to move! DAMN!” Yumi looked to the ground as she started to fittle with her hair. “Stop! It’s so embracing!” Yumi buried her face behind Kevin’s back. “You are pretty awesome at dancing.. If I must say so myself.” Kiseop said as he winked at Yumi. Kevin frowned. “Stop flirting with my date, both of you! You are both taken anyway.” Yumi looked up with a curious expression. “You have girlfriends?” AJ and Kiseop exchanged smiles. “Not exactly.” Kiseop said as he took AJ’s hand into his. Yumi’s jaw dropped. “You... The two of you are.. Woah…” Both AJ and Kiseop chuckled. “Yeah and we love it.” AJ said as he gave Kiseop a small peck on the cheek. Kiseop just smiled back at him. Yumi smiled. “You guys are quite y couple.” She immediately held her hand over . AJ laughed. “Yeah we get that a lot.” Yumi apologized as he sat embarrassed back in her seat.

“Wauw…” Kevin said as he looked at his watch. “It’s a freaking good thing your brother isn’t home. He would have killed me!” Yumi looked over his shoulder to see the time. “2am!? Good lord!” Kevin sweetly smiled. “I guess is should take you home now.” Yumi nodded and turned to AJ and Kiseop. “It was nice meeting you and thanks for great company.” Both of them smiled back. “Right back at you. We hope to see you more often.” Kiseop said as he looked from Yumi to Kevin. Kevin gave him a stern look back. “What? I like this girl.” Yumi giggled as she waved to the two guys and left with Kevin.

“Thank you for tonight.” Yumi said as they stood at her front door. “No, thank you.” Kevin said as he took Yumi’s hands into his. “Would you like to see me again, besides tutoring of course?” Yumi blushed as she smiled. “Yes I would.” Kevin threw his fist slightly into the air but quickly took it down when he noticed Yumi laughing at him. “I really don’t want this date to end.” Yumi said with a small pout. Kevin shyly looked at Yumi before speaking. “It doesn’t have to.” Yumi tilted her head. “Hoon isn’t home, so we could watch a movie or something?” Yumi tapped her chin as she thought about it. “Wouldn’t your mother be worried?” Kevin looked to the ground. “She actually told me to spend the night.” Yumi’s eyes went wide. “Are you serious?” Kevin nodded. Yumi bit her bottom lip. “I don’t know if it’s a good idea though.” Kevin pulled Yumi closer. “I won’t do anything you don’t agree to.” Yumi looked into Kevin’s hassle brown eyes and felt herself getting lost in them. “Okay.” She shyly said as Kevin smiled at her.

“You wanna see a horror movie?” Yumi exclaimed. “Can’t we watch something else?” Kevin shook his head. “I will protect you from the monsters under your bed, so don’t worry.” Yumi slapped Kevin on the shoulder. Kevin just laughed and got up from the couch to put in the movie. “I’m gonna decide what we do on our next date.” Yumi said as Kevin just chuckled. “Deal.” They sat next to each other on the couch, making sure to not get to close. Kevin moved his hand so it was covering Yumi’s, while glancing at her to see her reaction. He smiled to himself as he noticed her flustered face. “She basically dirty danced with me tonight and she is still getting nervous? She’s so interesting.”

After about half an hour into the movie Yumi was getting quite scared and she was holding tightly on to Kevin’s hand. A loud bang was heard in the movie and Yumi jumped close to Kevin so she could hide against his chest. “Ahhh…. I don’t wanna look!” Kevin smiled as he moved his arm around Yumi’s shoulders. “Don’t worry.. I’m here.” Kevin smirked. “Horror movies are always a good choice.” Yumi moved her arms around Kevin’s waist as she clung to his chest. It took her a minute before she realised their position. She wanted to pull away but Kevin stopped her. “No… Let’s just stay like this for a while.” He gently said as he looked down and met Yumi’s eyes. Kevin placed his free hand under Yumi’s chin as he moved his face closer to hers. Yumi felt her heart speed up in tempo as Kevin’s lips was dangerously close to hers. Kevin stopped just before their lips touched. “Can I?” Yumi shyly nodded as looked into Kevin’s eyes. Just as their lips was about to touch a scream came from the TV. Yumi jumped back as she covered her face in fright. “Ahhh!” Kevin cursed to himself as he wrapped his arms around Yumi to give her comfort. “There, there.” Kevin ran his finger through her hair. “Damn it!”