Chapter 10

Love Fooled Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Last Chapter: “MWO?!” Sungmin and Donghae both shouted.

 

Chapter 10:

“THIS BET DOESN’T INVOLVE YOU SO WHY ARE YOU EVEN TALKING!” Leetuek yelled at Donghae. “Okay, I think Leeteuk is going crazy today,” Sungmin thought to himself.

“You’ve known her for about a month already and you guys got really close.” Jonghyun said.

“Yeah, and remember it’s part of the bet!” Jaejoong told him.

“Anyways, we didn’t come up with the idea, Eunhyuk did.” Heechul blamed.

“So in two weeks it’s going to be the Halloween party.” Kyuhyun said.

“So you have to ask her out in two weeks, either the next two weeks, or the night of the school’s Halloween dance. If you don’t ask her at the dance then you have to invite her to the after party at my house, and ask her out before 12 midnight…got it?” Eunhyuk explained.

“Fine, I will do!” Sungmin shouted.

“I will be the witness!” Donghae exclaimed.

“It’s not just you Donghae, all of us will be the witnesses.” Leeteuk said with a smirk.

 

~Class before lunch~

“Sunny…pst…Sunny!” Sungmin whispered.

“Ne? Do you need anything?” Sunny asked.

“So you know how you tutored me last night.” Sungmin started. Sunny nodded with a confused face. “Well do you mind, if you can tutor me every night…not every night but like Sundays to Thursdays.”

“Wait…Why?” Sunny asked.

“Because, I need help with my homework and on Sunday you can tutor me on the homework we have over the weekend, and the other days are for our every day homework.” Sungmin told her.

“But remember…I have a job.” Sunny reminded him.

“But remember,” Sungmin mocked her. “It’s only on Mondays through Thursdays from 5 to 7.”

“Why do you always have to make a point?” Sunny complained. “You’re smart in the real world but not in school.” Sunny pouted.

“So? What’s your answer?” Sungmin asked. Sunny had her thinking face on, she looked so serious, but she finally answered him.

“Fine, I will tutor you.” Sunny said.

“OKAY! So every Sunday to Thursday at 8 o’clock p.m. at the music room I showed you last time ok?” Sungmin told her.

“OK OK OK!” Sunny said while nodding. “Now get back to work!” With that Sunny turned around and started working again, while Sungmin was trying his best to study. He couldn’t study because he kept thinking about the bet. “Maybe if I take a quick nap, then I can focus later.” Sungmin thought to himself as he drifted off into his sleep.

~Donghae’s POV:

We were in 5th period, the class period before lunch. I’M SO HUNGRYYY!!!! I don’t know why though, we ate such a big breakfast this morning but I get hungry so fast. We sit in alphabetical order in every single class and it’s such a coincidence that there are no Kims in our class. That is why in every single class I either sit behind, or next to Jessica.

The teacher is talking about some problem I don’t really care about. I mean I’m taking notes and stuff but the way the teacher teaches and talks just makes it harder for me to understand. I need a tutor!!!!

 “Donghae!” a voice called. “Donghae!”

Am I dreaming?

“Donghae!” It called again.

The voice sounds like an angel!

“Lee Donghae!!” the voice screamed.

Well, that didn’t sound like an angel right there! When I looked up it was the ice princess, Jessica! Okay, I have to admit her voice does sound like an angel, but she isn’t!! She has that cold stare of hers and sometimes she can go CRAZY!!!!

“What do you want!?” I yelled at her.

“The bell rang dumb head! It’s time for lunch!” She shouted back.

“WELL MY BAD!!!” I yelled back at her.

“You’re annoying, you act like a little 5 year old.” She said while getting up and walking towards the door. Oh no I forgot about the bet!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!

“JESSICA!!” I yelled.

“WHAT?!” She screamed while turning around to look at me.

“I need help..” I said.

“With?” She asked.

“These kind of stuff..” I told her.

“What kind of stuff?” She asked me again.

“School, I need a tutor.” I exclaimed.

“Okay…are you asking me for help?” Jessica asked.

“Ne~ Can you help whenever you can?” I asked her.

“Yeah I can, I don’t want to tutor you on Friday, Saturdays, or Sundays though. So… well actually I guess I can tutor you on Fridays since you might need help over the weekend, so how about at the library on Mondays through Fridays?” She asked me with her head tilted.

“Yeah okay, what time?” I asked her.

“Um…7:30, 8 ish?” She said with a questioning face.

“Oh okay, I will text you then.” I told her.

“Okay, see you later!” She said while walking out the door.

“LEE DONGHAE YOU HAVE TO FOCUS IN CLASS IF YOU WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE!!!!!” I yelled at myself.

~Sungmin’s POV:

I was dreaming about me, in my car. I didn’t know where I was going but then I end up going to the old music room. I went inside and Sunny was sitting there and she was saying,

“Sungmin…”

I answered her but she just kept calling my name.

“Sungmin are you there?” She asked me.

“I’m right here!” I told her. But she kept calling my name. All of a sudden something started shaking me and I woke up.

“Sungmin..” a voice called. “Sungmin, are you there?”

“Ne~” I looked up and saw Sunny. So that’s why she was saying that in the dream! I’m going nuts!!! I need more sleep.

“Oh okay, well it’s time for lunch.” She told me.

“Really? I fell asleep.. I don’t know when I did though,” I said with a weak smile.

“It’s okay, you didn’t miss anything I guess, I will tell you about it later,” She giggled. “Well I have to go, Jessica is waiting for me in the cafeteria.”

“How about we walk together?” I suggested. She nodded and started putting her stuff in her backpack. We walked out of the class together in silence not knowing what to talk about, and then I remembered something. I remembered that day at lunch when I confronted her in the school yard, on that bench.

“Sunny,” I called.

“Ne?”

“Remember that day when you were crying?” I asked her.

“You mean the day we started talking?” She asked.

“Yeah!”

“Of course I remember, it was an important day,” She said.

“Wait, how was it important?” I asked her.

“No!! It’s nothing! Well look there’s Jessica…bye! See you later!” She yelled while running off to Jessica. I wonder why it was an important day.

~End of POV~

The whole day Sungmin was trying to wonder why it was an important day to Sunny. Was it because she made a new friend? Or was it because she finally told someone else about her life? He didn’t know, but every time he asked she would always say I will tell you later, or it’s nothing. So he end up giving up.

~After School~

“YAY!!! It’s Friday!!!” Sunny yelled while jumping up and down like a little girl.

“Yup! It’s even the first Friday where we don’t have work!” Jessica exclaimed.

“Let’s go eat ice cream!” Sunny suggested.

“Okay! Oh yeah I almost forgot to tell you, on Mondays to Fridays after work starting at 7:30 or 8 ish I am going to tutor Donghae.” Jessica told Sunny.

“Oh really? Well I tutor Sungmin on Sundays to Thursdays starting at 8.” Sunny told her.

“Okay! So after ice cream, we will go home, eat dinner and then I have to leave at 7 okay?” Jessica said.

“Alright, now come on, I want my ice cream!” Sunny shouted.

 

The kingkas said good bye to each other and went into their cars and left. The only person that didn’t have a car was Donghae. The reason why he doesn’t have a car was because his parents thought he was too irresponsible and didn’t care about his grades. The only way Donghae could get a car was if his grades go up. So until Donghae gets a car he’s always been riding in Sungmin’s car.

“When will you get your own car?” Sungmin asked.

“When my grades go up.” Donghae answered.

“Well then bring your grades up, because it’s not fair, every day I drive to wherever you have to go, but you don’t even pay me! You know you’re wasting my gas!” Sungmin complained.

“I’m sorry!!” Donghae apologized. “Oh yeah, can you take me to the library on Mondays to Fridays around 7:30 or 8?”

“You think I have time for that? OF COURSE I WON’T BECAUSE I NEED TO GET TUTORED BY SUNNY ON SUNDAYS TO THURSDAYS AND THE LIBRARY IS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION!” Sungmin yelled. “Go take the bus!”

“THE BUS?!?!” Donghae yelled back. “I NEVER TOOK IT BEFORE!”

“Well then you will now, if you won’t stop yelling.” Sungmin threatened.

“Fine…”

 

Sunny and Jessica decided to go eat ice cream at one of their favorite ice cream store when they were young.  The place was called, Sweeties, because it had a lot of sweets! When the two got there, they each ordered their favorite ice cream.

“So good!” Sunny yelled.

“Yeah!! What time is it?” Jessica asked.

“It’s 3…3 something, I can’t see the rest of the number.” Sunny said. Sunny’s phone was a lot older then Jessica’s. A couple months ago it was Jessica’s birthday so Sunny decided to by Jessica a new phone, therefore Sunny kept her old one.

“Sunny, you really need a new phone.” Jessica suggested.

“Phones aren’t important though, our education and needs are. So when we have extra money I will buy a new one.” Sunny explained.

“Okay, Sunny…” Jessica replied. She felt guilty because her birthday was a month before Sunny, but she bought Sunny clothes instead of a new phone. Sunny’s birthday wasn’t near, it was 8 months away, Jessica felt sad because she wasn’t acting like a good unnie. She was Sunny’s unnie, but Sunny was the one that acted like an unnie.

“Come on, let’s go pay for the ice cream and leave,” Sunny demanded.

 

~On their way home~

“Let’s go to the mall!” Jessica yelled.

“But Jessica, our money…” Sunny said.

“Sunny…listen to me! We have a job that pays well, and we have extra money for our needs. It’s October, it’s going to get chilly soon in November, so we should go winter shopping.” Jessica explained.

“Can’t we go shopping in November then?” Sunny asked.

“Then it would be cold by then,” Jessica said. “Now come on!”

 

~Sungmin and Donghae~

“It’s Friday, let’s go somewhere,” Donghae suggested.

“Where?” Sungmin asked.

“Somewhere, a place with food, and girls,” Donghae said.

“Did you forget something?” Sungmin asked.

“What? Oh you mean the bet? Remember I can do anything?” Donghae said.

“Right..let’s go to the mall then.” Sungmin said, while he turned the car’s wheel to make a U-turn.

“We should buy random stuff too, I need new shoes.” Donghae said.

“Okay, sure…I need to buy some random stuff too.” Sungmin told Donghae.

 

~Sunny and Jessica~

“Let’s go in here!” Jessica exclaimed while pulling Sunny into the store.

 

“This jacket looks nice, Soon-kyu!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter