THE FIRST DAY OF WORK

TO THE ETERNITY

 Vic's POV

 

Last night was I don’t know it seems like forever to me. I just couldn’t wait to get my home. It’s not like I dislike the gathering in fact all of them were lovingly being warm to me except ‘him’. Never in my mind that he would be the one who will I marry to. Something tells me that my life would be more chaotic than before. Maybe I dislike him too much that I started to have this crazy thought of him. I should loosen myself a bit and think positively. Never lose your hope on something good. That’s what I should and would do at this moment. The date of my supposedly the ‘best day of my life’ has been set. 1st of June that’s when my marital status changes and that’s when I’ll be the Horvejkul. Victoria Horvejkul… It sounds strange but that’s what I will become.

 I look at my table clock and it shows 8.30 am. Mom and dad must’ve gone by this hour so I’m alone now. I lazily dragged myself to the kitchen and get something to cook. I decide to make an American breakfast that consists of toasts, scrambled eggs, boiled sausages and some tomato prunes with baked beans. Simple but tasty. When I was about to eat it…

*Ding dong*

 Who in the world would ring the doorbell at this time? I sighed. The bell became louder and louder. I ran across my living room while yelling ‘wait!’ but the person seems to be more impatience. I turn the door knob and there… standing in front of was the uninvited guest.

 “What are you doing here?” I asked with my unwelcoming tone. Obviously I won’t let him in since my parents weren’t here. Who knows what a ‘playboy’ like him would do to me. I’ve watched too much drama and that is something that I couldn’t help myself of.  

 “I’m looking for my fiancée… is she here?” he smirked. That evil smirks really gotten my nerve but I tried to be more realistic and more genuine. I don’t want to start any fight with him as it still early in the morning.

 “What do you want Khun?” I sounded annoyed by him. Hopefully he could sense that so that he’ll just state his means of coming here.

 “First of all look at you and your cloth” he observed up and down and back to me. “Where’ve you been? You look messy. Even my maids are better looking than you…” Of course he’ll say something like that and I won’t surprise of it because I see it coming.

 “If you came here just to make fun of me then you should’ve just leave. I have no time for a moron like you.” I tried to close the door but his strong hands prevent me from doing so. By all means now he knew that I couldn’t care less about everything he would do and he would say.

 “Seriously you have no idea why I came here…” I was totally blanked at his words. “I came to pick you up. Dad told me to yesterday remember? And you should go change like now or else you’ll be late for work. I’m fine of being late because I’m the boss. I can do anything what I want but you… you’re just an ordinary worker and I’m sure you don’t want to give a bad impression on you first day of work won’t you?” he said.

 “Oh shoot I forget about that” I was supposed to come to work today. Since I’m going to be his wife I hate that sound, I will be working with him not as her secretary but as a normal employee. I requested that from ‘them’ as I insisted to start from the very bottom. I have dream and that is to build my own business but for now I have to save some money and need to know how the business world look like. I thought working from the starting line would teach me that. Someday I want to open a bakery shop that sells not just breads but also international cuisine. “Come in I’ll go change and will be down in any minute. Just…just do whatever you want” I unintentionally invited him in.   

 I leave him alone in the living room as I went upstairs to my room and took a quick shower. I was at rush that I forgot to bring my towel with me. As I went out of the bathroom, “AAHHH!!!” I screamed my lungs out. There sit a man… on my bed looking at me with those ‘eyes’. Luckily the towel was just beside me. I grabbed it and cover my body with it quickly. “What the are you doing in here?” I cursed. “Who gives you the permission to enter my room?”

 “Chill out honey… I’m no stranger. I’m your fiancée remember. I don’t need to do that right so come on show me what you got” he said calmly an annoyingly. Seriously this ‘kid’ needs some severe treatment like how could he do that, barging in my room without my consent.

I grabbed the table lamp and lift it above my head. “You better leave or I will make this lamp stuck on your head” I threatened him but he remains seated. “You don’t believe me? Try me then…” I raised my voice.

“You… no fun at all! I’m going to leave anyway. It’s not like I want see that ‘apples’ size of yours… I had tons of girls with ‘melons’” I felt insulted by it and it rages me up even more.

“You ert!” I throw the lamp to where he was but he managed to dodge it and fortunately it landed on my bed or else it will scattered into pieces. That skunk really pissed me off and he will never stop to make my life more miserable. I put my clothes on and put on my lipstick before going down.

 “You would’ve killed me just now you know” he said. He was standing near the staircase where I could clearly saw his pale face. He must be shocked from ‘it’. I can’t help myself besides feeling a bit guilty but at the same time it was also his fault for breaking in my room.  

 “I did warn you but you won’t listen and I have a reasonable reason to do so…” I said. “Wouldn’t be that great if that thing landed on you…” I teased.

 “You witch! Come on we’ll leave now…” he said.

 “Wait!” I shouted.

 “What is it now…” he whines.

 “I haven’t eaten my breakfast yet. Do you mind? 10 minutes would be just fine…” I pleaded. Seriously I couldn’t do and think of anything properly with my empty stomach. It has to be filled or else I would just spend the rest of the day in my bed.

 “You can eat that later. We’re getting late. People are waiting for us” he said intensely.

 “You’re the boss right and I’m the boss’s fiancée…so…They wouldn’t mind” I whispered seductively while playing with his tie. From there I could smell his cologne which I found so attractive.

 “What are you doing…?” he stuttered as I blew my breath on his neck.

 “HA! Gotcha… I should’ve record that…” I teased. The look on his face was hilarious. “Anyway have you eaten? I make extra though so if you want just get some. Don’t worry I won’t poisoned my future husband just yet” I said playfully. I skipped towards the kitchen and not forgetting turning my head once or twice towards him giving him a wink.

 The ride from my house to the company was full of silence. Neither of us talked but that’s a good thing for me at least. The building where we arrived to was very huge and astonishing. It was like those buildings in the Europe countries but with some Asian touch here and there. I was about to open the door when he said, “Wait here, I’ll do that…” I was a bit confused by that and let him do what he intended to do. He went out of the car and went to my side door and opens it for me. Am I touched? Of course not because I knew that it was just an act to show his gentle side.

 “I do know how to open the door. Just saying…” I said.

 “Well a ‘thank you’ from you would be nicer to hear…” I look at him and give my ‘I didn’t ask you to’ smirk. “Here they come… smile…” he pulled me towards him and put his arm around my waist. Every time I tried to break free he holds me even tighter. He’s very strong ;)

 “Mr. Horvejkul and Mrs. Song welcome” a middle age man came and greeted both of us. I bow to him back. “I’m glad that you’re here Mrs. Song. Mr. President seems to admire you a lot. He’s waiting for you both in his office” he added.

 “Thank you Mr. Lee we’ll go there by ourselves and here’s my car key” said Nichkhun while giving his key. Not while after that he left.

 “Dad… He’s the one who’s waiting for us. Why don’t you tell me? If not I would not take much time just now. Oh gees this is so not happening…” I was panicked and nothing could relax me up. If only I could just skip my breakfast I won’t be this late and he won’t wait for me for this long.

 “Will you just calm you down? From the beginning what you only did was blabbering. As much as I want to make you feel bad you won’t get lectured by him. He adores as much as…no he adores you more than he did to me. So you’ll be fine. Just stop jabbering and follow my lead. We don’t want him to wait any longer” he said. He took my hand, stacking it on mine and leads me into the building.

 As we were passing through the lobby, more people are looking at both of us and that makes me a little uncomfortable. I look at my hand which by now intertwined with his and for it I felt something strange. I felt warm and secure. We went ahead to the elevator. Once we were inside the elevator, it was very awkward as our hands are still tangled with each other. “You may let me go now” I said and so he did. “Who’s that man we greeted earlier?” I ask.

 “He’s one of dad’s most trusted employee/friend. He’s been working for us for almost a decade” he answered. Not so long after that we reach to the very top level. Before exiting the elevator once again he put his arm around my waist and went straight to his father’s office.  

 -Knock... knock-

  “Look who’s here my future daughter in law…” greeted Mr. Horvejkul before giving me a big hug. “How are you my dear?” asked him while checking myself out up and down.

 “I’m good dad and what about you? We’re totally sorry for being late…”  I said.

 “Don’t be… I’m fine with it just don’t do that often because I don’t want my princess to be criticize by the others” he said. Of course he’ll say that because I exactly knew what he meant. It’s the same thing if I worked with my dad. People will assume that I’ll be treated differently as I have a relationship with the owner of that particular business.

 “Excuse me dad I’m here too…” Nichkhun pouted. Nichkhun who seems to be left out finally said something. So childish. What he said just before we came up here was totally right. His father only pays his attention on me and ignores his own son as if Khun was invincible.

 “Khun, why don’t you give Victoria a tour around the building so that she could get familiar with it? I also ask IU-shi to prepare her desk” said Khun’s father.

 “Sure dad. Vic shall we go now?” he said while offering his hand and a playful smile plastered on his evil face. I took it before bidding a goodbye to my ‘future father in law’. There were countless department/sections that we’d visited and what surprises me is that every single one of the employee here are working diligently and they will not forget to smile whenever they greeted their colleagues regardless the position that they held. After a few trip we settle at the last section, internal and external section which also the section where I’m going to work at. It was under Nichkhun’s supervision and that means I’ll be with him 24/7.

   “Good afternoon sir and you must be Mrs. Song…” a small lady welcomed us. “I’m Lee Jieun, Mr. Horvejkul’s assistant” she added. I bow to her and introduce myself. “Just call me Victoria because it sounded friendlier and less formal” I said. Not long after that Nichkhun’s phone rang. Without looking at the caller id he answers the call.

KHUN: Hello who’s there? *suddenly his expression get tense* Where are you now? At the airport? *he look surprise… who’s that actually…* I’ll pick you up. Just wait for me… he then hung up the call.

 “I’ll be leaving now. I have some errands to do and will not be coming back here so don’t wait for me. Just go straight home” he said in hurry before leaving me questioned. Who’s the caller just now? That person must be important to him or else he won’t be in that state and what the hell is he thinking. How could he leave me here on my first day??? That’s even worse… That jerk really… 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here let me present you the ninth chapter of TTE. Just finish writing it just now. Hopefully it'll be enough to cover up till the new year eve. so till then. 

ps. To all 98 subscribers and the 10 voters thank you so much for liking my story. Wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR.