One Shot (HaeHyuk)

One Shot & Drabbles Collections
Please log in to read the full chapter

Royals (HaeHyuk)

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ ☣ -═══════ι▬▬

 

“Appa, you can’t just accept peoples’ order all the time. I still have others to do.” Said a male with a cute pout on his face.

 

“I’m sorry Hyuk, you know I just didn’t want to disappoint people, plus, we still have Yasuda to help us.” Was the reply from the middle aged male with a smile, wrinkles and all. He knows his son wouldn’t stay mad at him, not for too long.

 

Hyukjae or Hyuk lets out a sigh. He knows his father had always been a softy, he never says never to anybody.

 

Lee Hyukjae is a 22 year old male who’s on his last year of college and he lives with his father. His father married his mother who was Japanese and they settled in Japan after they got married. It had always been him and his father since his mother passed away the day he was born. Nonetheless, Hyukjae had never felt less loved. His father was always there for him and they’ve been the best of friends that is until Lee Donghae appears in his life.

 

Their family had always had a tailor shop which was run by his father and mother. His father was not much of a tailor but his mother is. That’s where Hyukjae got his talent. They hired Yasuda a few years ago since the business had been going well.

 

Back to Lee Donghae, he’s Hyukjae’s boyfriend. They met at the college they’re currently studying at which is at the Rikkyo University. Though both of them does not taking the same courses, Hyukjae took fashion design while Donghae took law. They met at the nearby café, in their freshmen year, where both male were force to share a table because of the crowded area. They didn’t hate it though, Donghae was smitten by the others’ cuteness while Hyukjae was instantly attracted by the latter’s handsome face, that comes with a very pleasant attitude.

 

Donghae was a gentleman while Hyukjae is just a sweetheart. They clicked instantly and that was the start of their friendship that turns to something lovely.

 

“Alright appa, you’re lucky I love you.” He said pinching his father’s cheeks which earn him a laugh.

 

“I know you do Hyuk.”

––

“Hey baby, did you wait for long?” Hyukjae smiles as the other male leaned in and press his lips to the other plump ones.

 

“Not really, my class just finish early today.” He said smiling as the other took a seat across him. “Hae–ah, are you going to go back to Seoul once we graduate?” Hyukjae asked and Donghae could sense the sadness in the question. They’ll be graduating in a couple of weeks from now. He took Hyukjae hands into his and caresses the fingers softly before bringing it to his lips.

 

“Yes Hyukkie, you know I need too.” He said smiling softly. “But, that is why we’re meeting today Hyukkie, I want to bring you to Seoul with me.” He continue smiling widely now.

 

Hyukjae on the other hand stiffen. He never went out of Japan before. He never even went out of Tokyo, and now his boyfriend’s asking him to go to Korea with him.

 

“H–Hae, I–i… what about appa? Th–the shop? I c–can’t just leave.” Slowly he pulled his hands from the others’ grasp but Donghae was fast to take it back.

 

“I’ve already talk to him baby, and he said he’s okay with it as long as you agree. Please baby, I want you to meet my mother.” At this Hyukjae’s eyes widen.

 

“Y–you mother?” Donghae nodded frantically.

 

“Your mother, the q–queen?” Another nod.

 

Oh, I forgot to mention, Donghae’s the crown prince of Korea. (A/N: Let’s just pretend this a real thing in Korea right now)

 

“… Please Hyukkie. Only for a couple of weeks okay?” Another sigh.

––

“Are you sure you’ll be fine appa?”

 

Hyukjae’s father sighs for the ninth time.

 

“For a thousand times Hyukjae, yes I will.” He replies. “Now you take care of yourself alright? Don’t forget about your old man here.”

 

Hyukjae chuckled. “I’ll never do that appa.” He turns to Yasuda who was standing beside his father. The younger male was like a brother to Hyukjae and they care for each other so much. “Please take care of appa Yasu.”

 

Yasuda smiles and nod. “I will Hyuk, don’t worry.”

 

“Alright baby, we need to go now.” Donghae said from behind, he just finished placing their luggage to the cargo. Hyukjae looks at him and turns to his father again.

 

“I’ll be going now appa, I promise I’ll call you all the time. I love you.” He said hugging and kissing his fathers’ cheek.

 

“Okay Hyuk, I love you too.”

 

“Bye Hyuk!” Yasuda said waving wildly at the retreating males.

––

“Nervous?” Donghae asked smiling softly at the fidgeting male sitting beside him. They just abroad the plane and will be departing in a couple minutes and he can’t help but notice that Hyukjae was stiff on his seat.

 

“A–a l–little.” Was the reply. Donghae chuckled and kissed Hyukjae’s temple, taking his hand and interlacing their fingers together.

 

“Don’t be, I’m right here okay?” He said assuring. He knows that its Hyukjae’s first time on an airplane and that Hyukjae also had a fear of height. That was why he decided let Hyukjae take the aisle seat though it belongs to him.

 

“Thank you Hae.” Hyukjae smiled gratefully, he doesn’t know what he’ll do without Donghae. It’s his first time and though he was very happy to ride an airplane he wasn’t expecting to get in the first class seat cause he knows just how expensive that it. But again, Donghae's the prince of Korea so of course he’ll book the first class seat.

 

“Anything for you baby.” Donghae reply, kissing Hyukjae hands.

 

An hour later, when they airplane was already flying in the sky, Hyukjae was enjoying his meal while Donghae kept on looking at the other with an amuse smile on his face.

 

Hyukjae who noticed this stop eating his pudding at looks at the smiling male beside him.

 

“What’s wrong?” He wondered, tilting his head a little.

 

Donghae chuckled and pinch Hyukjae’s cheek.

 

“Gosh you’re so adorable.” He said. “Do you like it?” He asked, referring to the airplane food.

 

Hyukjae blush a little. “I–I didn’t eat this morning, that’s why I’m hungry. Sorry Hae.” He muttered softly. Donghae pulls him closer and kisses the crown on Hyukjae’s head.

 

“Why didn’t you eat baby? And why are you sorry?” Donghae said frowning a little. Hyukjae cuddle himself deeper onto the other’s chest and muttered his answer.

 

“What was that? I can’t hear you baby.” Donghae asked again. Hyukjae lift his face a little and pout.

 

“I said, I didn’t eat because I’m afraid I’ll throw up once we’re on the plane but since we’re here now I don’t think I’m gonna throw up anymore, plus I’m hungry.” He answered which made Donghae smile. His Hyukkie is really adorable.

 

“You didn’t answer my second question though baby.”

 

Hyukjae shifted on his seat and look at everywhere except for his lover. “I’m sorry if I embarrassed you cause I looked like a glutton just now.”

 

Donghae frowns. He cups Hyukjae face and locked their gaze. “Hyuk, how many times did I tell you to never think something like that ever again?” Donghae had always known how insecure Hyukjae was with his statues, with him being a prince and all but he tried making that insecurities go away each and every day with Hyukjae. “I’m just a normal human Hyukkie, we’re just the same. And I love you so much, you got that?” He said, finishing with a peck on Hyukjae’s lips.

 

Hyukjae smiles. “I love you too Hae.”

 

Growling.

 

Donghae smiles and Hyukjae blushed beet red.

 

“My baby’s still hungry, you want me to order some more?”

 

Hyukjae looks at his tray which is clean and nodded a little. He’s super hungry and it’s all Yasuda’s fault for giving him that ‘advice’ of ‘not eating before flying’.

 

And so Donghae ordered another serving of food for Hyukjae and when the food arrive Hyukjae eat it happily, constantly feeding Donghae a little.

––

As soon as they landed in Seoul, with Hyukjae being super excited to hear their native language everywhere and Donghae dragging him away to get their bags and out of the arrival hall and Donghae’s courier get them to bring to the palace.

 

When they were in the car Hyukjae kept on looking at the surrounding by the window, an amuse smile on his face.

 

“It’s so great here Hae–ah, not much different than Japan.” He said.

 

Donghae scoot closer to the smaller male and pull his waist so he’s back hugging Hyukjae. “Yeah, that’s why I didn’t miss Seoul too much when we’re in there, plus there’s you.” He whispered on Hyukjae ear and kisses his cheeks.

 

Hyukjae turns around and cups Donghae’s cheek. “I love you Hae.”

 

“I love you too baby.”

 

They were both looking at each other when suddenly the car stops. Both male looks to window Hyukjae gasp at the big building in front of him.

 

“Hae–ah, is this your house?” He asked.

 

“Yup.” Donghae answered shortly, suddenly missing his house very much after looking at it. He’s happy he’s home and is even happier that Hyukjae’s with him right now.

 

The door to the car opens and both Hyukjae and Donghae went out of the car, Hyukjae gasped once again when he saw people who were dressed in a maid and servant custom lined up on the entrance of the mansion.

 

“My Hae’s home!” He heard a cheerful voice that belonged to a woman who was standing in the middle of all the people and was wearing a crown on her head. He recognizes her instantly as Donghae’s mother because Donghae had shown her picture to him a couple of times.

 

“Mom!” Donghae said just as cheerful, running at full speed into his mother’s embrace.

 

“I miss you.” The queen said tightening her hug on her son, until she opens her eyes does she realize the guest that Donghae brought with him. Donghae mention it before that he’s bringing someone ‘special’ with him. She nearly scoffed at that.

 

“I miss you too mom.” Donghae said smiling widely, finally loosening the hug and turns towards Hyukjae who was still rooted on his spot beside the car. He ran down the entrance stairs and pulls the smaller male with him until he’s in front of his mother.

 

“Mom, this is Hyukjae.” He said, putting his arm around Hyukjae’s waist. His mother watches the move and tried her best not to roll her eyes.

 

“So I’ve heard.” She said, extending her hands.

 

“Nice to meet you, Your Highness.” Hyukjae bowed politely with a smile. He heard a lot about Donghae’s mother. He heard that she’s a lovely mother and can’t help but fell excited to finally be meeting her.

 

Upon seeing the extended hand, he kissed the back palm of the woman’s.

 

“Yes, nice to meet you too.” She said, looking at Hyukjae from up to the bottom, as if examining him.

 

‘A commoner? For my son? Over my dead body.’

 

“Come on Hae, let’s get in. You must be tired.” She said pulling her sons hand and dragging him inside, leaving Hyukjae behind.

 

Donghae looks behind to Hyukjae but the other male just smiles at him.

 

“Master Hyukjae, please follow me and I’ll show you your room.” Hyukjae let out a small squeal from the sudden voice from a middle aged man.

 

“Oh, thank you very much..? Err…”

 

“Doohyun.”

 

Hyukjae smiles. “Thank you Doohyun–ssi.”

––

Hyukjae’s POV

 

I’ve never been in such a big house before. This place’s so beautiful. After Doohyun–ssi leads me to my room which was two hours ago, I quickly freshen up and unpack my stuff to the huge closet inside this equally huge room.

 

I wish appa’s here.

 

I hadn’t see Donghae’s since his mother took him but I understand that she just misses him so much. I guess I’ll just walk around this castle for myself.

 

End of POV

 

As soon as he went out of the room he saw a maid on the hallway and quickly made his way to her.

 

“Hello.” He greeted softly with a smile. The maid turns and returns the smile.

 

“Hello Master Hyukjae.” She said making Hyukjae frown.

 

“Please, just call me Hyukjae.” He said. “What’s your name?” He asked.

 

The maid however was a little reluctant to answer his question. Sensing the uncomfortableness from the girl made Hyukjae smile.

 

“It’s okay, I won’t tell a word to the queen about this.” He whispered smiling cheekily.

 

The girl smiles. “I’m Jiyeon.” She answers.

 

Hyukjae smiles widen and extended his hand for a handshake. “Hello Jiyeon–ssi, nice to meet you.”

 

Jiyeon takes the hand and smile. “Nice to meet you too Mas–” Hyukjae raised his brow. “–I mean Hyukjae–ssi.” Hyukjae giggled.

 

An hour later he was back to his room after walking around the castle, still no sign of Donghae. But he made friends in the castle, some of them don’t want to talk to him but he manages to get to know some of them though.

 

He had asked Doohyun why was that that the maid was not talking to him and found out that the queen forbid any of the servant to talk to the guest of the prince of herself.

 

He simply reasoned that he’s not a prince or anyone important so they can just talk comfortably with him. Still not all wanted to bend the rules. In the end he manages to get two names, Jiyeon and Kibum.

 

He was just lying on his bed when suddenly the door to his bedroom was opened and Donghae came in.

 

Upon seeing the male Hyukjae smiles and mutters a small “Hae.”

 

“Hye baby, sorry I didn’t come earlier, mom misses me so much.” Donghae replied sitting on the edge of the bed and leaning down to kiss Hyukjae.

 

As soon as they parted Hyukjae shook his head, smiling. “It’s okay Hae, I understand. I went around the castle just now. The garden’s so beautiful.” Hyukjae’s eyes were basically shining as he recalls the beautiful garden fills with different kind of roses there were on the garden.

 

“Did you go alone?” Donghae asked softly to which the smaller nodded to.

 

Donghae frowns a little and was about to say something when Hyukjae cut him off. “Don’t worry, I can take care of myself.” He said knowing that his boyfriend tends to be a little protective of him. Okay, not a little, make that a lot.

 

“Next time please tell me when you want to go somewhere okay? I’ll show you around better.” Donghae said stealing a kiss from the others’ plump lips. He just can’t get enough of Hyukjae’s wonderful lips.

 

“Alright, I will.” Hyukjae answered, caressing Donghae cheeks with his fingers.

 

“Oh, I forgot, it’s dinner time. Let’s go.” Donghae said after a moment of just staring at each other. Hyukjae chuckled and nodded, getting off the bed and following Donghae to the dining area, fingers intertwine with each other.

––

“I heard you have a tailor shop?” The queen asked Hyukjae after a minute of silence. Hyukjae put down his utensils and smiles.

 

“Yes I do Your Highness. It belongs to my father and mother.” He answered politely. The queen nodded her head.

 

“And you are taking fashion design?” She added. Hyukjae nodded his head before answering.

 

“I do Your Highness.”

 

“How did you meet my Prince?”

 

Hyukjae was about to answer when Donghae suddenly cut him. “Oh I forgot to tell you that mom, we met at th–”

 

“Donghae dear, mummy want to hear it from Hyukjae.” The Queen said smiling sweetly at Donghae which Donghae nodded to.

 

Hyukjae smiles and clear his throat a little.

 

“We met at a café near our college Your Highness. There weren’t any place to seat so we kind of ended up having to share a table together and–” Donghae grabbed Hyukjae’s hand, intertwining their fingers together which made the queen cringe. “–Donghae was such a gentleman and–”

 

He was abruptly stopped when the queen suddenly put down her utensils harshly onto the table which gained the attention of both male and the other servant around the dining area.

 

“That was nice, now if you’ll excuse me I’m gonna go and take care of some stuff.” She said wiping her lips with the napkin and get up from her chair making the servant bow and both Donghae and Hyukjae stood as well. “Good night Hae.” She said sweetly and kissing both of Donghae’s cheeks then walking away.

 

Donghae frowns when his mother doesn’t even greeted Hyukjae. He realizes that the same thing happen earlier when he and Hyukjae went into the dining area, his mother doesn’t even spare a glance at Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae on the other hand however just smiles. He doesn’t want to think badly about the queen or any other person, he was thankful enough that the queen actually accepts him to her castle. He notices Donghae frown and squeezes the others’ hand softly.

 

“Why are you frowning Hae?” He asked gently. Donghae looks to the other male and smile a little.

 

“I’m sorry about mom.” He said.

 

Hyukjae shook his head. “It’s alright Hae–ah, she’s really nice actually.” He said and there was no lie in his words.

 

The next day Hyukjae decided he wanted to walk around the city and Donghae gladly comply with his request.

 

“But Hae–ah, can you go out?” Hyukjae asked when they were about to leave the castle.

 

“Of course, with a few disguises.” Donghae reply cheekily, grabbing the cap and sunglasses from Doohyun who was standing beside them. Hyukjae smiles and help to put on the cap and sunglasses to Donghae in which he receive a short kiss from the latter.

 

“Thank you baby.” Donghae whispers. Hyukjae blushes a little as there’s still Doohyun standing there with them, not to mention the driver who was also there.

 

After a few minutes in the car, they finally arrive to the town and Hyukjae was more excited when there seems to be a market place in the area.

 

“Hae–ah, can we go there?” He asked, still thinking about Donghae since he is the crown prince and he can’t just walk around the town with a commoner like him.

 

“Of course, let’s go.” Donghae said dragging Hyukjae out of the car and the begin walking around the market place.

 

Hyukjae tried a lot of the street food and he can’t help but be amaze at the taste. Of course he tried Korean food before but not an authentic Korean dish. Donghae cooked for him once in a while when they were in Tokyo but this was a totally different experience.

 

“This is so good!” He exclaimed while eating the fish cake. Donghae on the other hand laughs.

 

“You’ve never had this before?”

 

Hyukjae shook his head frantically but still smiling, stuffing himself with more fish cake. By the end of the day Hyukjae must’ve spent a lot for the food.

 

They get back to the castle and were greeted with a not so happy queen and an unfamiliar face, to Hyukjae at least.

 

“Ugh, what is she doing here?” He heard Donghae murmur to himself and looks at him.

 

“Who’s that Hae?” He asked as the car stopped in front of the staircase to the entrance.

 

Donghae sigh before answering with a smile. “Just an old friend baby.” Hyukjae smiles and nodded his head before both of get out of the car.

 

“Hae, look who this is?” The queen said almost too cheerfully, pushing the girl besides her upfront.

 

“Hello Donghae, it’s been forever.” The girl said hugging and kissing Donghae’s cheek.

 

Hyukjae who was watching all of these was surprise but maintain his smile. ‘That’s probably his best friend Hyuk.’ Was what he thought.

 

Donghae on the other hand quickly pushed the girl away and took Hyukjae’s hand with him.

 

“Hello Hana, I’d like you to meet my baby, Hyukjae.” He said, smiling sweetly at Hyukjae. Hyukjae smiles back at him and bow to the girl in front of him.

 

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you.” The girl, Hana, merely rolled her eyes and changes her gaze to the queen.

 

“Ah yes, Hyukjae this is Hana, the Duchess, Hae’s girlfriend.” The queen said, making both girls smirk. Hyukjae who heard this loosen his hold on Donghae’s hand and his smile flatters a little but Donghae was quick to tighten the grip and looked at him in the eyes.

 

“Ex–girlfriend Hyuk, we broke up long ago.” He whispered. “I love you.” To which Hyukjae smiles at. He can see the sincerity in Donghae’s eyes and if his lover said that it’s his past and he’ll believe him.

 

“Of course.” He said to the queen and Hana.

 

After the meeting with the Duchess, Hyukjae realizes that maybe the queen doesn’t like him after all. Considering the way she keeps on pushing Donghae and Hana together. Plus, after meeting with some of the royal families, Hyukjae felt completely left out. However he did blend in well with the servant of the castle. He often spent his time with the maids in the kitchen when Donghae’s not around.

 

“Are you going to the ball Hyukjae–ssi?” Jiyeon asked one day when the two of them, including Kibum, was at the garden.

 

“What ball?” He asked curiously.

 

“Oh, it’s the ball to celebrate Prince Donghae’s return.” Kibum answered.

 

“Oh, Hae haven’t told me about it yet.” He smiles. “But I’ll be glad to go if I’m invited.” He added. Both Jiyeon and Kibum smiles.

 

“You’re different Hyukjae–ssi.” Jiyeon said suddenly.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“From the others.” She said making Hyukjae laugh.

 

“How many friends had Hae brought home?” He asked playfully.

 

“N–no, royals, I mean. You’re different from the ones that always visited here.” Jiyeon answered shaking her head.

 

It was true, every royal that had ever visited the palace were stuck up persons. Nobody ever treated them, the servants, right.

 

“I see.” Hyukjae smiles.

––

Hyukjae was resting in his bed that night, like these past few days Donghae had been busy with his job. He’ll soon take over as the king and he had a lot of things to do before that happens. This minimizes the time they had together but Hyukjae understand it.

 

As he lies on the bed he can’t help but to reminisce about the moment that Donghae told him about the real him.

 

“Appa, I’m going out now.” Hyukjae said after pecking his father’s cheeks.

 

“Alright Hyuk, don’t come back too late.” His father said smiling to which Hyukjae chuckled to before he nodded and left the house.

 

He was supposed to finish his assignments today but Donghae had suddenly texted him earlier saying he had something to say to the smaller male.

 

And so here he is at the café near their college, the place they first met and also the place where they constantly spent to date. As soon as he arrived, he looked at the usual table for Donghae and sure enough the male was there.

 

“Hye.” He said as soon as he came near the male. Donghae smiles and took his hand, but Hyukjae can’t help but felt that something’s wrong with Donghae.

 

He took a seat across Donghae. “What’s wrong Hae?”

 

Donghae chuckled but then his face changed into serious. Hyukjae know him too well. “I need to tell you something baby, I need you listen and please always remember that I love you so much.”

 

Hyukjae smiles flatter a little. “I love you too Hae.” He said, he doesn’t want to think negative but Donghae’s tone and what he just sad scared him a little. But he trusted Donghae.

 

Donghae took a couple of deep breath before smiling a little. “Hyukkie, I’m actually the prince of Korea.”

 

“…”

 

Silence took over. Hyukjae was trying to process the word in to his brain while Donghae was just waiting for any reaction from Hyukjae.

 

What he didn’t expect was for Hyukjae to suddenly laugh.

 

“Is this some kind of joke Hae? It’s not April’s Fool though.” He said giggling.

 

Though Hyukjae looks super cute giggling and Donghae just want to pinch and kiss the hell out of him, this however is a serious matter.

 

“I’m not joking Hyukkie.” He said. Hyukjae who heard the serious tone once again stop giggling all at once.

 

“Oh.” He said. Another silence follows.

 

Donghae was about to take that as a rejection and leave but Hyukjae tighten his hold on Donghae’s hand and smile.

 

“Well then it’s nice to meet you Prince Donghae.”

 

It wasn’t even that long when that happen, it was only a couple of months before Donghae told him that he wanted to bring Hyukjae to Korea did he found out that he was dating the Prince of Korea for nearly three years.

 

It always bring him to smile when he recall the event. Even though Donghae is the prince, he never treated Hyukjae differently after that and they had been more honest about each other than ever. Suddenly the door to his room creak opens and Donghae came in with a wide smile on his face.

 

“Hey baby.”

 

Upon hearing that voice he loved so much, Hyukjae sprang up on his bed and opens his arms wide to welcome his lover.

 

“I miss you baby.” Donghae said once he settled himself on the bed beside Hyukjae.

 

“I miss you too Hae.” Was the reply. They said nothing as they spent the time cuddling on the bed. “I’m sorry I didn’t enough time with you Hyukkie.”

 

“I understand Hae, it’s your responsibility to do that.”

 

Donghae smiles hearing the answer. Hyukjae is always kind, too kind if he might add. He knows what his mother was trying to do. He knows that she hadn’t accepted Hyukjae and was trying to push him to be with Hana once again. If only she knew how much of an angel Hyukjae is, and how much he loves this man in his arms.

 

“So I heard something about a ball.” Hyukjae said smiling. Donghae chuckles and kiss the beautiful smile.

 

“Of course you’ve heard. Nobody in this place can keep their mouth shut.” He laughed together with Hyukjae. “I was hoping to surprise you, but since you’ve heard about it, so baby, would you go to the ball with me?” He asked and Hyukjae nodded frantically mouthing ‘yes’ a thousand times.

 

After a couple more minutes of silence, Hyukjae suddenly asked. “Hae, can you sleep here with me tonight?” He said with a cute pout.

 

“Of course baby.” Donghae replied, settling himself on the bed beside his lover.

––

“Oh my God what was I thinking? I don’t know a thing about royal ball.” Hyukjae gushed over as he walks around in his room.

 

As soon as he and Donghae woke up this morning, they spent and extra hour just cuddling on the bed and went out when it was time for the breakfast, accompanied by the queen and Hana.

 

It seems like the queen had invited Hana to sleep in the castle.

 

And after breakfast, he and Donghae spent some hour more together before Donghae had to go out to handle more royal matters. So here Hyukjae is in his room, thinking about the ball which will be held two days from now.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter