The Dirty Secret

Park Chanyeol for President

 

"Spill the guts, Kim Joonmyun." Zitao gulped down his second shot of tequila and leaned back on his favorite black couch in his living room.

Joonmyun just had to come right when he was practicing, and no one was supposed to disturb him when it came to wushu. Everybody in the whole Elyxion nation knew better than to upset the young master, but Joonmyun was his best friend for a long, long time so Zitao didn't smack the hell out of Joonmyun's head with his wushu stick, unlike what he usually did to others.

Zitao was about to have his third shot already while Joonmyun hadn't even touched his drink. He had already noticed that there was something off from the way Joonmyun talked to him earlier, but he couldn't figure out what and he didn't have the intention to do so at the moment. The only thing that he wanted to know was the so-called confidential information Joonmyun brought here.

Seeing that Joonmyun wasn't going to speak up anytime soon, Zitao slammed the table, surprising not only Joonmyun but also Yixing who had been standing beside the couch with a bottle of tequila on his hand. The butler tried to calm his master down even though he was scaredwell, he's always scared of his master anyway. Huang Zitao losing his temper (again) was the last thing he wanted to happen.

"If you're here only to waste my time, I swear to"

"No, I'm sorry, Tao. It's just..." Joonmyun seemed to have got back to wherever his mind was earlier in a split second because he just left his sentence hanging like that, and Zitao didn't like it.

"Just what, Joonmyun? What the are you going to say?" Zitao motioned Yixing for more tequila; he knew it was the only thing that seemed to be able to calm himself down. Yixing carefully poured the fourth shot because, damn, his hand was shaking badly right now.

 

"You see," Joonmyun finally drank up, "the Congress accepted that kid's stupid policy proposal."

"They what?" The glass shattered into pieces as Zitao threw it somewhere across the room. "But you told me they sided with us!"

To say that Yixing was startled was an understatement. He kept muttering prayers as he reached for the broom he had brought to the room earlier (throwing things was listed as one of the young master's habits on Yixing's memory; prevention's better than cure anyway) because who knew what would happen next?

"This is beyond my control, Zitao. I've tried to use every possible channel, but that kid's influence is bigger than we've ever expected." Joonmyun ran a hand on his hair; frustrated.

He was sure that they were in the same boat; the Huangs, the elites, and the Congress. He thought they were declaring a war against Park Chanyeol and the social movements he provoked. But then to his dismay, an obstacle came from whom he thought was the biggest supporter for the Huang's authority: the Congress.

He just didn't understand why they let Park Chanyeol's proposal pass. What did Park Chanyeol do to them? What did he give them? What did he take from them?

"Then do something, for 's sake! I didn't drag you to this plan for nothing!"

The plan was obvious: they had to find the most perfect way to take the country back under Huang's tyranny. Now that the people in this republic had seemed to get out of their control, with the escalating number of rebellions and pro-democracy protests everywhere, they needed to solve the 'problem' from its root:

Park Chanyeol.

 

"I know. We just need to get rid of that kid as soon as possible."

"Well thank you Captain Obvious, but that is what we've been ing doing all this time! And how are we going to do that now? Well no, technically, how are you going to do that?"

Joonmyun stared at the empty glass on his hand. His eyebrows furrowed a bit as he was thinking whether he should tell Zitao the insane-yet-somehow-brilliant idea he'd been keeping on his mind. Perhaps it was the tequila (unlike Zitao, Joonmyun had a low alcohol tolerance) but the hesitation seemed to have been suddenly washed out from his mind.

"Why don't we just break him..." Joonmyun crushed the glass (a.k.a. leaving more work for Yixing the poor butler to do), slamming it to the ground with all his force, "like that?"

The two men stared at each other like 'are you thinking what I'm thinking?' for a while and burst out laughing.

"I knew it. We would end up doing it the dirty way." Zitao smirked because he knew exactly what his old friend was thinking.

 

There's no such thing as fair play in this world.

Especially not when you're facing Huang Zitao.

 

***
 

"Ms. Seo," the said woman was surprised seeing her boss standing right in front of her desk with a serious, stern expression on. She had been working as Kim Joonmyun's secretary for about two years. All this time, he always greeted her with his famous angelic, caring smile --one of the reasons why Kim Joonmyun got so popular even outside the diplomatic field. This was surely something new.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim. Can I help you with something?" She stood up and shyly tucked the strand a strand of hair behind her ear. After these two years, she was still this nervous when it came to direct contact with the handsome diplomat, Kim Joonmyun.

"Yes, you can. Please contact Mr. Park Chanyeol's office and say that I'd like to invite him to my office at 7 to discuss the new proposal."

"Yes, sir. Is there anything else?"

Joonmyun halted his step when he was about to enter his office. "Actually, yes."

"What is it, Sir?" The young secretary nervously waited for his answer.

 

"Can you please find out about Kim Jongdae, the scientist?"

"You mean the one winning Nobel prize last year?"

"Exactly. Place it on my desk before lunch, okay?"

 

With one last smile, Joonmyun disappeared behind the door.

 

 


 

Author's note:

First of all, I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to update for the past week. I'm having problems with my connection and I also went out of town for several days. And to make things worse, I have to go back to my ed up campus life starting next week. I'll try to update as much as I can though, don't worry.

Anyway, shout out to ScreamingMidget, blackrabbit89, and Deerii who upvoted this story! Thank you very much

Also thanks to all of you for reading and subscribing! Oh, and sorry if I haven't replied to your comments. I'll try to reply to them when I can, okay?

Yes, there's no Kaiyeol nor Krisyeol in this chapter. It's shorter than usual, too. Sorry. But hey, don't you guys want to know what happened to Chanyeol the candidate? I'm slowly revealing it ㅋㅋㅋ I'll make it up on the next chapter though ;)

And don't forget to say hello to Ms. Seo, who is none other than SNSD's Seohyun. Although she's just a cameo, her role is somehow... important :)

Until then...