The Chanyeol I Know

Park Chanyeol for President

 

"Chanyeol-ah!" The said man jolted awake when someone shook his shoulders rather violently. He squinted his still sleepy eyes to get a better look of the 'evil' who successfully interrupted his precious nap. He didn't always get the time to sleep but when he did, someone kindly woke him up.

He squinted his eyes more, only to find a furious looking guy merely an inch away from his face. Holy , there's a murderer– Wait.

Those eyebrows looked familiar.

 

Chanyeol blinked a few times before he finally realized that it was only Kris.

"That was very kind of you, Kris. Very kind." Chanyeol said as he rubbed his eyes. At a moment like this, he looked rather cute and innocent and squishy and everything that made Kris just want to put him in his pocket, warm and safe, forever. But he knew he couldn't.

At least, Kris was lucky enough to be able to see this side of him. This man in front of him wasn't the young politician struggling for change, working hard to answer people's hope, bearing a huge burden at such a young age. This man was his precious Chanyeol.

His Chanyeol.

 

"I'm not even sorry." Kris grinned sheepishly. That was one of the things Chanyeol loved the most from him. His gummy smile that made turned Kris from a strong and charismatic man into a total goofy boy.

"Of course you're not." Chanyeol lightly punched him on the chest. However, Kris managed to catch his hand and intertwined their fingers instead.

"I hate you, Kris. You stole my sleep. You're a bad person." Chanyeol stuck his tongue before he yawned. Kris felt slightly guilty. Who on earth wanted to see their lover like this? If he could, Kris just wanted to tuck him in a soft and fluffy bed, wrapped him with a thick and warm blanket and let him sleep. It'd be even better if he was on his arms.

Too bad he couldn't.

 

"I am." Kris placed his forehead on Chanyeol's. Their noses met each other. "It was your instruction after all."

"Really? I don't remember telling you so. You really are a bad person. You stole my sleep. You lied to me. Bad person." Chanyeol complained but smiled as he planted a soft kiss on the other's lips.

"But you love this bad person, don't you?" Kris chuckled.

"Hell no." Chanyeol laughed and they dove in for another kiss. There's something about the way Kris kissed him that words couldn't describe; one thing for sure, it always made him crave for more and more and more.

 

"Chanyeol-hyung, they approved the pro– Oh God."

And there was Jongin, standing still at Chanyeol's office door, eyes fixated on the couple kissing so intimately, completely oblivious to his existence. 

The proposal that they'd been working very hard on was finally approved by the government. That was supposed to be the big news Jongin told Chanyeol. However, every information Jongin brought on his last two brain cells dispersed into the thin air as soon as he saw them.

Jongin backed away slowly and tried to leave unnoticed. No, being caught red-handed staring at the couple and later acting like he was sorry to interrupt them was the last thing he wanted right then.

 

It's bad for his heart.

 

***

 

It was the nth time Chanyeol hit his forehead to the desk, hoping that it would make his damn homework easier to solve. Of course, he knew it wouldn't. But he was just so done with all the weird numbers and strange symbols and formulas and such. Out of 10 questions, he barely even finished one. 

"Baekhyunnie..." Chanyeol tilted his head to his left where Baekhyun was still dealing with their math homework and seemed just fine with it.

"Come one, Chanyeol. You can do it." That was supposed to be an encouragement, except that Baekhyun said it in a flat tone.

 

Chanyeol, as well as his other 5 comrades, were on the school's library. The exam week was coming and they decided to study together. Sehun went along too, moreover because Kyungsoo as the 'brain' of the group promised a free tutor time for the maknae.

Chanyeol turned his head to the right, where Luhan was correcting Minseok's Chinese composition while Kyungsoo was seen explaining God-know-what to the maknae. Everyone seemed busy.

 

So, Chanyeol chose to close his eyes and took a deep, deep breath. He then opened his eyes and tried his best to focus back on his very own homework.

You can do it, Park Chanyeol. You can.

Being a little bit more self-motivated, Chanyeol tried to solve them for the second time.

 

And it took him only five minutes to give up.

 

"That's it! I can't do this!" Chanyeol abruptly stood up from his seat and marched out of the library. All eyes were suddenly on him.

"Chanyeol, wait–" Luhan was about to grab him and seated him back to his place, but Minseok stopped him. 

"Just let him be, you know. He's been trying really hard anyway.

Both Kyungsoo and Sehun exchanged a worried glance before they turned their attention back to Sehun's homework.

"But, seriously. We can't let him be. He has to

"At least we've tried, right?" Baekhyun blurted from his seat, eyes still glued to his math book.

"Alright," Luhan could only sigh. 

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol made his way to the school's empty basketball court. This was one of the only places in the whole world where he could concentrate. And that was one of the reasons why he loved the idea of the weekly sport-hangout thing with his friends.

 

"Where's the ball? Where's the ball?" Chanyeol looked around for the ball before he finally found one and started playing with it.

Chanyeol loved the feeling he got while running and dribbling and jumping and everything.

He remembered the first time he played basketball. He was beyond frustrated. He couldn't even tell where the ball went to and how he was supposed to pass the ball and who was on his team and who wasn't. He just found it confusing. 

But after a while, he slowly learned how to coordinate himself, even doing well in a game. 

 

And there was only one explanation why.

 

Chanyeol continued playing for about fifteen minutes before he saw his friends finally coming down from the library.

"Hyung, let's go grab something to eat!" Sehun shouted and waved his hand.

Chanyeol threw the ball he was about to shoot to God-know-where and grabbed his bag on the bench, smiling from ear-to-ear because his favorite time of the day which included eating and spending his time (but not studying) with his besties was coming.

 

Because when they were together, Chanyeol could get away from his very own problem.

At least for a while.

 

 


 

Author's note:

Tadah!

Just FYI, this chapter is a flashback.

Because I wanna introduce you guys further to both Chanyeol.

But of course, I wouldn't spill everything at once :)

Oh, and thank you all 20 subscribers! And all the viewers! And for all the comments!

Until then...