Falling

Park Chanyeol for President

 

“See? I told you it has something to do with that Jongin kid.” Minseok flicked Sehun’s forehead.

“Ouch! What the heck, hyung?” Sehun rubbed his now reddening forehead.

“Don’t tell me you guys made a bet on this…” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

“Will you guys shut up?!” Baekhyun, who was examining the book on his hand, shouted in frustration.

 

They were gathering at the rooftop as Luhan requested. Shortly after he figured out what he thought might be Chanyeol’s source of the problem, Luhan texted all his buddies for an urgent meeting after school.

And here they were, trying to decipher the ‘code’ that Chanyeol left on his note.

Slowly, everything made sense. Chanyeol, indeed, started to act weird after his meeting-slash-date with Jongin. They didn’t know what exactly happened that day after they left their innocent friend to go have his ‘first date’ with the stranger.

However, some words which Luhan marked as important gave them some sort of clues.

 

Stupid.

Liar.

Jongin.

 

Those three words weren’t originally put in order. Thus, it led the five of them to a bunch of possible conclusions, but they narrowed them into two strongest possibilities.

Either Chanyeol felt stupid because Jongin was a liar, or Jongin felt stupid because Chanyeol was a liar. But then, the second option sounded wrong to them and they chose to go with the first one.

Jongin was a liar. Jongin was lying to Chanyeol.

But what could it be? What did Jongin tell him that made Chanyeol act this way? What kind of person Jongin was?

 

“I kinda regret letting him go that day.” Kyungsoo sighed desperately.

“Well, we just wanted him to experience, you know, uh... love?” Baekhyun wasn’t even sure of his own answer.

“If you guys wanted him to try dating or such, you could just set him up with me, you know.” Sehun lay down on the cold tiles and closed his eyes, only to open them again in a mere second after Luhan’s sudden high-pitched ‘what?!’ pierced his ears.

“Calm down, Xiao Lu.” Minseok wiggled his eyebrows knowingly because it was freaking obvious that Luhan had a crush on his all-time favorite dongsaeng.

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun tried their best to hold their laughter, while the subject of their ‘talk’ just blinked, oblivious of what had just happened as an impact of his previous statement.

 

“What?”

“Nothing. Let’s get back to the topic. Chanyeol, it is. Not me.” Luhan emphasized the last two words as he glared at his friends who were literally rolling on the floor, laughing.

He then lowered his head and tried to busy himself with Chanyeol’s book, while in fact, he was just trying to hide the obvious–

 

“Hyung, why are you blushing?” Sehun just had to ask that one damn question.

“.”

 

****

 

Perhaps it was because he was lacking energy but Jongin ended up landing on top of a huge bookcase and clumsily dropped himself when he rolled over.

Yes, he could teleport from one place to another, from one dimension to another, but it doesn’t mean that he was immune to pain or something.

Falling from an eight-level old wooden rack was no joke. Ache shot down his spine right when his back hit the floor. His vision went a little blurry.

All his effort to get up was useless and he really wanted to cry at how stupid he might seem at the moment.

 

“Hello?”

Jongin held his breath because he was happy that someone else was here so he could get some help, but at the same time, he was worried because this might lead to another big problem.

Jongin had only realized he was inside a place that looked like a school library or something after slowly regaining his sight.

That means he came to the right place, only landed on the wrong side of it.

Another ‘hello?’ was heard along with the ascending sound of someone’s footsteps. Someone was coming and Jongin wished he had the energy to teleport once more.

Unfortunately, he didn’t.

 

“Hello?”

Kyungsoo was staying late at the library to study. He’s been doing this since his early year of high school and it resulted in his perfect grade.

He wasn’t that ambitious when it came to study, to be honest, but Kyungsoo simply loved the quiet, soothing atmosphere the library provided.

Unlike the other parts of the school which seemed all modern and sophisticated with its minimalist design, the library gave a different feel with the rows of old wooden bookcases, the wooden tables and chairs and all its antique decorations as if the time just stopped inside.

 

When Kyungsoo heard the loud crack followed with another loud bang from the other side of the library, he immediately ran to check whether someone was hurt or something was broken.

But he didn’t hear anyone calling for help so he assumed that perhaps the books from the highest shelf or one of the old racks fell.

 

“Hello?”

Once again, Kyungsoo called out only to confirm his earlier suggestion. No one answered.

He expected to find some kind of mess or something, like disordered piles of books or papers flying here and there or maybe the rack falling or something.

But everything seemed fine and Kyungsoo didn’t find anything broken.

 

“Ugh.”

Kyungsoo widened his eyes when he heard that 'humane' sound. Someone was there. So, he squinted his eyes to see whether he missed something from his last ‘observation’ and his gaze fell to one particular spot at the very backside of that place.

It was a little bit darker than the other parts of the library. Perhaps that was why Kyungsoo didn’t notice the person lying on the floor earlier.

Correction –Kyungsoo did find some kind of a mess, but not in the form that he expected.

 

A boy was lying on his back. Judging from his position he might fall from somewhere high but Kyungsoo ended up furrowing his eyebrows because where the hell did he just fall from?

He didn’t see any stairs around, means that perhaps the boy wasn’t trying to grab a book from the highest shelf.

Kyungsoo squinted his eyes more (if that’s even possible) because he thought he had seen that red hoodie somewhere before. Did he even wear a uniform?

In a split second, realization dawned on him.

 

 

 

“Uh... Jongin-sshi?”

 

 

 


 

Author's note:

Omo, what's going to happen next~ lol

Soooo, we had a slight Hunhan and Kaisoo moment here, yeaaaaay! For you guys who are craving for more Krisyeol/Kaiyeol, please wait for the next chapter, okay? :)

Btw, when I was writing the library part, the image of Harry Potter-ish place (wtf lol) kept popping in my mind hahaha. So, I imagine the library being somewhat similar to the one in Hogwarts except it wasn't that spacious.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this story so far? What is the thing that you guys are most curious of?

Thank you for all your support! Sorry if I haven't replied your comment :(

Shout out to Moomintroll, xcosmics, alicedanielle, ThatOneOtherWriter, torieeee and Miss_b2uty who upvoted this story! Yaaaay PCFP has 10 votes now :3

Thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting, and voting :*

Until then...