Two Different Worlds

Park Chanyeol for President

 

"Mr. Park, the election is coming. People seem to have a high expectation for you. How would you respond to that?" One of the reporters held her microphone closer to Chanyeol's face, hoping that she'd get a nice thing to report for this evening's news broadcast.

Among the crowd that surrounded him, his existence still stood out exceptionally. He was about a good 10 cm taller than everyone there anyway.

"I'll just keep doing my best. It's an honor that people seem to trust me. I'll work hard so this country will be a better place to live for everyone." Sporting his trademark reassuring, optimistic smile, Chanyeol answered the question.

Believe it or not, you could hear peoplemostly girlscheering for him in the distance because unlike any other politicians, Park Chanyeol had a lot of fans. Well, who wouldn't fall for a young, handsome, smart and charismatic figure like him?

 

Park Chanyeol was a young revolutionary whom the people of the Republic of Elyxion had been looking for.

Having been colonized for more than a hundred years, the country had to fight the unstable political system once they finally became independent. Corruptions, coup d'etat, and regime changes; people had had enough of all of these insecurities.

And that's when Park Chanyeol showed up.

The young man boldly fought for a change to the country. He somehow managed to gain the public's attention and encouraged a huge social movement, bringing hope to the unfortunate land.

 

But, with everything good came something bad.

 

Park Chanyeol was loved by the people but hated by the political elites, especially the Huangs.

Huang Zitao was a young successor of the late president. The elites, in order to protect their interest, wanted Zitao to replace his late father. Like a failed democratic state it was, the republic was ironically ruled by a monarchical government for years.

 

And so the heat rose when it came to the election.

 

People wanted Park Chanyeol for president.

The elites wanted Huang Zitao for president. And they would do anything to make it happen.

 

***

 

"Hyung, over here!"

Chanyeol took a glance before he passed the ball to Sehun. Sehun used this chance to shoot the ball. 

"Nice shot, Sehun-ah!" Chanyeol clapped in joy when the ball successfully got into the ring.

"Thanks to you, hyung." Sehun was about to do a high five with Chanyeol when a loud whine was heard from the other side of the field.

"It's not fair! This is not fair at all!"

"Baekhyun-ah, it's just a game." Kyungsoo tried to calm down his teammate.

"This is why I prefer soccer." Minseok sighed.

 

The game was somehow over. The six of them gathered in the middle of the field, panting and sweating and bickering and all.

Kyungsoo passed the water to Sehun, which was soon be grabbed by the grumpy Baekhyun.

"Hyung!" The youngest of them all complained. "Luhan-hyung, see? He's a bad person."

Luhan chuckled and ruffled his hair. "I see. Someone has poor sportsmanship."

Baekhyun glared to the pink-haired boy. "But it's not fair from the beginning! I mean, why did I have to be with Minseok and Kyungsoo? And look at you guys, the three of you are freaking tall and–"

Chanyeol snorted. "So, you're saying that you're short?"

"Shut up!" Laughter erupted.

 

All of them, except for Sehun, were on their last year of high school.

It had been a habit for them to play sport together after school every Wednesday. Sometimes they played soccer, sometimes they played basketball, or sometimes they just simply ran along the Han River and ended up having a feast. So much for the exercise.

 

"Hey, anyone up for shopping?" Luhan asked.

"Are you a girl, hyung?" Sehun responded in disbelief.

"Who was it that ripped my favorite hoodie again?" Luhan glared at the youngest boy.

"Well, that's an accident."

"Alright, alright. Let's get changed first. We'll decide where to go later."

Chanyeol got up and lent a hand to Baekhyun who sat beside him. "Come on buddy."

"I'm not your freaking dog." Baekhyun snapped.

"Enough with the PMS, Baekhyun-ah." Minseok rolled his eyes.

Kyungsoo just shook his head and smiled. "Why am I friends with you guys again?" 

 

***

 

Jongin just woke up several minutes ago. He was about to grab some milk from the fridge, eyes half-open as he hadn't got rid of sleepiness when a loud explosion was heard from somewhere in the room. Strangely, there was no smoke, no fire, nothing broken.

"What the hell?"

 

Just then, he realized that it was his phone ringing.

Jongdae must've pulled a prank with his phone again. The last time, he replaced Jongin's memory card with the one full of Jongdae's selfies... and some weird pictures of Kris he didn't even want to remember.

"It better be Jong-ing-dae."

He picked up the phone, ready to throw a tantrum at anyone who called him this early.

 

"What–"

"Jongin."

 

Oh. It was Kris.

 

"Why are you–"

"We have a situation here. A pretty bad one."

 

 


 

Author's note:

So, here's the first chapter guys.

I hope the first section isn't too hard to read. I mean, those political terms and such.

Anyway, the ships have started to sail. If you know what I mean ;)

Do comment guys so I can find out what you think of this story.

Until then...