Chapter 32.

The Florist.
{Edit}
 
The Decision.
 
They got home within ten minutes.
And on the way home, Sungyeol filled Nana in on the things he had done in the past four years.
 
She missed him terribly. And was disappointed that she hadn't been there to see him getting discharged or to pack his clothes back home. There was also the other thins like why he was still working in Le Fleurs. Every minute she spent with him in the car, she felt like crying. She was just so glad to be able to see his face and smile again. She thought back about the times she had with him and wished she could just fly back to see him once.
 
But that would mean a delay in her final return, and she had to remember her own goal. Going back to Korean and see Sungyeol might make her heart weak. She didn't want to walk away from something she was halfway through. She was afraid she might missed him so much that she wouldn't want to head back. But she managed to hold back her urge and pressed on.
 
Four years was considered pretty fast honestly.
Considering medinces take more than seven years to complete.
 
When Sungyeol asked where where she went and what she had been doing for the past four years, Nana would always say.
 
"I'll tell you later alright?"
 
It wasn't the best words to tell the guy who had been waiting for you since forever. But Sungyeol was just happy that Nana was back. He was satisfied with every answer Nana gave him actually. He was just so happy that everyone important to him was with him today, even though it was just for a few hours. And Nana, being the one he had been so in love was finally back. In truth, he felt like crying in happiness. But he wasn't able to cry. No, he wasn't able to cry since that shot. And it was very tiring to be blind, very tiring indeed.
 
When they reached the driveway of the house, Nana quickly got out of her side and walked towards Sungyeol's side and opened the door for him. Sungyeol smiled at Nana's thoughtfulness and felt like a superstar for a while. He let her treated him like a baby and allowed her to hold onto his arm as they walked in. Sungyeol was capable of doing so without any help. He already knew his way around house at the back of his fingertip, having stayed in the house for six years. But he liked the feeling of Nana being close to him.
 
As he walked into the house, he heard everyone yelling and welcoming Sungyeol back home. They were all excited for Nana's returns and her plans for Sungyeol's eyesight. They ate a long that night and have fun all together. They stopped only when Yvonne said she needed to leave for her job. She kissed L on the cheek, surprising everyone in the room about their relationship. L then told them Yvonne and him were together for quite some time. He boldly ask if Yvonne could live with them from now since Hoya and Dongwoo weren't.
 
Sunggyu thought about it for a while before asking Nana where she was living. Nana replied she wasn't sure and that she might have to go back to see her parents first. She money now, but she needed time to look for a suitable apartment since she was sure her parents were going to kick her out of the house for leaving them in the middle of her studies.
 
Sunggyu then told them both to just live with them. Sungyeol smiled at that idea. He was so adorable, they all thought. It would be awkward if only Yvonne was here. Nana seems hesitant at first but when she turned and saw Sungyeol pleading puppy face, she agreed instantly. She and Yvonne jumped up and down in joy knowing they had their best friends back with one another and hugged her tightly. Yvonne then realized she was really late and rushed out of the door shouting goodbyes to them and promised she would be back around midnight.
 
Everyone said their goodbyes while Nana personally sent her to the door. She was really glad to have her best friend back. It hurt her to scold Yvonne and when the latter tried slapping her at Le Fleurs. But she knew their friendship was stronger than that. As Yvonne's figure slowly disappeared, Nana walked back to sit with the rest of the guys. She turned towards Sungyeol who was smiling and stretching his ear out towards wherever Nana was. She bit her lips lightly and looked at the rest for support. Hoya gave her a smile.
 
It was going to be a battle of her life"
 
"Yeollie."
"Yes?"
"Would you like to hear why I left so sudden four years ago?"
"Do you want to tell me?"
"I need to. Is it alright if the guys stayed as well?"
"I'll bet they already know."
 
They smiled at him. And he knew they were even though he couldn't see it.
 
"Sungyeol. The reason why I left was because of you."
"I'd guessed that much."
"What?"
"It's hard to sleep in the dark at night."
 
The rest thought about how ironic Sungyeol words were.
 
"Well. During your second check up, after your condition was stablized, I was there to listen to your health. They said only surgery could help you, but Korea doesn't have that technology. So I went overseas to get it. My mentor taught me what she could and I brought back that knowledge to Korea to help you. My mentor is filling in to the Head of the hospital now. And you'll be able to see again Sungyeol! Once the machinery is here from UK, you'll be able to have the surgery and see again!"
 
Sungyeol was silence.
Not at all the reaction that the guys had expected.
 
Nana had thought.
She had expected a lot of reaction from him.
 
"That's a lot shorter than the explanation that you gave them."
"When you can see again, I'll tell you everything."
"You promise?"
"I promise."
"So what's the success rate?"
"It's a fifty-fifty percent survival chance. Much better than the two percent four years ago."
 
Sungyeol was speechless.
He was extremely touched and happy too.
 
The chance and opporunity to see again, and it was all because of Nana. She was his hope, always giving him happiness that he could never experience again. However, as the chances to survive was only fifty percent. He didn't want to be a pessimistic, but what if he couldn't make it, what if he the transplant wouldn't work, what if he dies during the surgery?
 
He didn't want that. It was better not seeing than dying. He wanted to be alive, he wants to hear their voices still, he wanted to feel their hugs and hands from time to time. And therefore, Sungyeol made the most illogical decision of all.
 
"I don't want the sugery."
 
Other than Nana, everyone gasped and shouted. She was the only one sitting down quietly and waiting for the din to die down. She wanted to know his reasons before jumping to her own crazy conclusion. It couldn't be that Sungyeol wanted to remain blind because he was afraid he wouldn't live to see them again right? That was too-
 
"I'm scared that I won't make it."
 
-absurb. Nana groaned to herself and hid her face in her hands. She just had to jinx that thought by thinking about it. But honestly, that was so Lee Sungyeol. Fearing not the worst, but the best. Fearing that he wouldn't be able to hold Nana's hands anymore and hear her cry even. He did so to prove his point. Taking Nana's small hands in his, he brought it his face and pressed it against his cheek.
 
"What if I can't feel this small hands again? What if I couldn't hear you cry and what if I won't be in this family anymore? Aren't you scared?"
"I'm scared. I probably won't live either if you're gone. Which is why I need you to take his surgery. You could live a new live."
"I'm happy with what I have, as long as you're with me."
"If I leave, would you take the surgery then?"
"Nana please.. Don't say things like that."
 
Sunggyu looked at them sadly.
 
"Sungyeol. You can't let Nana spent four years in misery just for you to be so selfish now. Don't let her down like this. It's bad enough she's even thinking of leaving you to make you accept the surgery. Don't let the wrong fear rule your mind again."
 
Sungyeol looked back at Nana when he felt a warm tear touching his hands that he had placed onto Nana's face. He begged her not to cry but she took her own hand away from Sungyeol and moved away from him. Sungyeol crawled around the house like a blind man, calling out to Nana and asking her to come back. Nana didn't go far, she just went to sit between the guys and started crying. She didn't want Sungyeol to feel or hear her cry. She cried on Woohyun's shoulder, until Sungyeol screamed for her.
 
She went towards him naturally.
The guys watched.
 
Sungyeol felt her and pulled her into his embrace, crushing her against his chest and making sobbing sounds that no one had heard before. He kept apologizing and saying he didn't want to die and that he wants to be with her. Nana felt horrible for moving away, but when Sungyeol felt the tears on Nana's face, he yelled even louder and kept saying sorry. Which was worst really?
 
"I'll think about it. Let me think about it."
"Promise me you'll give it a good thought."
"I will. I will, just don't leave me again."
 
Eventually, Sungyeol calmed down and sat down slowly onto the floor. His arms still around Nana's waist and he was pulling her wherever he went. Everyone looked at their blind brother. It was really weird for them to see him like that. But Sungyeol would always be Sungyeol. And only he could help himself now. They tried pleading with him again, telling him what a difference seeing made be.
 
He was able to go back to school, able to graduate and able to get a decent job. And then, he was able to open the cafe he had dreamed with Sungjong, didn't he want that anymore. Sungyeol shook his head slightly and said he didn't mind letting all those go if he could still be alive. They bit their lips, not knowing what to say anymore. Because every reason they gave to him, Sungyeol would shoot them down easily, slowly, and carefully. It was tiresome, worrisome and painful.
 
"What would Sungjong want Yeol?"
 
They stared at Nana who was laying comfortably on Sungyeol's chest.
The man himself bit his lips and looked down at Nana.
 
She had finally took out their trump card.
 
"What do you think Sungjong would want?"
"He'll want me to see again."
"Of course he would, and so would us. The feel is the same Yeol."
"But-"
"Sungjong is our guardian angel. If he didn't let you die when you get lost, you're sure as hell not going to die in a sugery room to get better."
 
He pouted at her, using Sungjong to force him wasn't fair.
 
"It was never fair in the beginning. It wasn't fair to me when I left too."
"You promised you'll give me some time to think about it."
"Fine, think about it."
 
Sungyeol felt Nana leaving his arms and heading to a random room. She pulled Woohyun with her and said she wanted to show him all the notes and information she had brought back. They watched as Sungyeol curled up like a ball and continued sitting like that. He was told to think, therefore he would. But his brothers were mean as well when they got up beside him and told them Nana and Woohyun went into a room together. Sungyeol's eyes widened but he calmed down when he thought back, it was Woohyun.
 
Definitely harmless.
 
The guys' couldn't believe Sungyeol actually thought Woohyun was harmless. And that Woohyun had actually wanted to take Nana away. Was Sungyeol losing his mind? They continued brain washing him, telling him how pitiful Nana was for being along in UK and all the sad things that happened to her with no one to protect her. They were trying to make Sungyeol guilty by using Nana. Yet it only made his heart hurt more than normal. Did his brother even know how painful it was for him to even consider something like that?
 
One by one, they went to their rooms to sleep. Since Nana and Yvonne were sleeping in their house from now on, L took Sungyeol to his room and told him to sleep at the lower bunk while he would take the top bunk. Dongwoo and Hoya went back to their own dorms. Nana was sleeping on Sungyeol's bed and smiled when she saw Yvonne entering the room around one in the morning. She felt terrible for forcing Sungyeol like that but everyone knew Sungyeol would never agree unless somones gives him a push.
 
Just like the night where Nana was kidnapped, if she wasn't taken, Sungyeol would know his feelings for her. Nana sighed before forcing herself to get some sleep. She had a lot of things to do the next day, beginning with meeting her parents in the morning, and then another war with Sungyeol when she gets back. She dreamt of Sungjong that night and the two of them laughed happily while Sungyeol sulked in the corner.
 

 
{The Next Morning.}
 
Nana woke up the earliest.
And felt scared at being in a foreign room.
 
It took her about a minute to realized she was actually in Sungyeol and Hoya's room. She looked at the other side and saw Yvonne still asleep. She quickly washed up and took stuffs out from her own suitcase to shower before packing it well to go back home. She left a short note on the dining table before leaving to see her parents.
 
Sungyeol was the second to wake up, but woke up only twenty minutes after Nana had left home. He got out of bed and walked towards his room. And since he was in his own room and blind, it didn't matter if Yvonne was there or not. He went towards his bed and started feeling around. But he felt nothing. He started calling out her name, but got no responses at all. It was starting to scare Sungyeol and it woke Yvonne up. She asked what was wrong and Sungyeol asked if Nana was in the room.
 
She bolted awake and left the room. As she shouted for Nana around the house, everyone woke up. Yvonne got back to the room and said she hadn't seen Nana and that her luggage was gone as well. He started shaking and Yvonne went to wake Myungsoo up. Eventually, for a short moment, everyone panicked and searched the house. Woohyun had searched everywhere before finding the note on the dining table.
 
He quickly went back to Sungyeol and told him Nana went back to see her parents. She told them not to worry and that he would be back by evening time. Sungyeol didn't believe until he asked everyone to read the note to him. They said the exact same thing and Woohyun assured Sungyeol he wasn't lying and told him Nana was obliged to see her parents after all. She was still their daughter and she was still responsible to tell them where and what she had doing all these while.
 
Sungyeol finally believed what them and asked Woohyun if he could ask Mrs Lee to release him off earlier from work later. His reason was that he wanted to wait at home for Nana to come back. Woohyun agreed to it, sensing Mrs Lee would allowed that no matter what. Sungyeol then slowly got ready for work and waited for Sunggyu to send him to Le Fleurs.
 
 
At work, Sungyeol couldn't concentrate on a single thing he was doing. Firstly, he had gotten the customer's orders wrong. Secondly, he nearly killed all the flowers in the store by over watering it, causing the place to be extremely wet that it looked like it was flooding. Thirdly, he was that close to knocking over a whole display of flowers if it wasn't Baro who stopped that from happening.
 
Mrs Lee couldn't believe Sungyeol could be this careless and actually told him to leave earlier than asked. She tried calling the other boys to pick Sungyeol up but no one replied. Sunggyu was in a meeting, Woohyun was in the operating room at the moment and Myungsoo was on a date with Yvonne who both didn't answer their phones. Hoya and Dongwoo, on break and was at home sleeping currently.
 
There was no one to bring Sungyeol home.
And Sungyeol realized it was more of a hindrance for them to pick him him.
 
So he said he would go home himself.
 
Mrs Lee objected to that and told Baro ro send Sungyeol home instead. The younger boy didn't mind. But Sungyeol said it would be too busy for Mrs Lee who wasn't getting any younger. He refused to leave unless Baro was staying. And after a short stubborn contest, which Sungyeol won hands down, he left at around three in the afternoon. He was supposed to wait for Sunggyu at four but he couldn't wait any longer.
 
Befor he left however, he told Mrs Lee to send Sunggyu a text to inform him that he was going home first. The streets were much quieter and had lesser people since it was not yet near the knocking off work hours. He remembered the path home easily and started walking towards the traffic light. All he needed to do, was to walk towards the bus stop, board the correct bus, and wait for his own stop. And alight before walking home.
 
 
'That should be easy enough, right?'
 
 
 
 
P/s: Hi everyone! I've finally updated this chapter and I hope y'all liked it. For some strange reason it was quite difficult to write this chapter. I hope readers and enjoyed it. Anyway, I just want to say that my new story, Inventing Ways is up and going, apparently I started writing it because this story is ending soon and I don't want my readers to wait too long to read my stories. I hope it helps in some ways. 
 
Till the next chapter, xoxo.
 
 
 
{Edit} Fourteen more chapters. I might edit fast enough.