Chapter 6

My Bestfriend's Wedding

I leaned on my car as I checked my wrist watch for the 5th time. 20 minutes past 7 and still no sign of the giant baby and his brat fiancé. I exhaled air from my nostrils, trying to calm myself when Key flicked my forehead.

 

 

“Oww”

 

 

“I know that face Seo Joo Hyun. Better keep your cool” Key warned as he headed to the trunk and put his bags in.

 

 

I puffed. How could I keep my cool when he said he’d be here EARLY! I’m never a patient woman even with my clients, he knows that, but how could he keep me waiting?!

 

 

“Relax Seo, he’ll be here. There must’ve been traffic or something to make Kris this late”

 

 

“He better have a good reason for keeping me waiting”

 

 

I looked at my wristwatch again. 7:23 am. This is so not Kris. Even before, when we had dates, he was usually 15 minutes early.

 

What could’ve happened?

 

 

“He’ll be here” Key said as if he read my mind.

 

 

After a few more minutes, we saw a white Alterra coming our way. Then it stopped right infront of us and we saw a very panicky Kris Wu coming out of the car.

 

 

“I’m so sorry, there was an emergency and-“

 

 

“Save it” I said as I went in the car. “Sulli, Amber! Time to go!”

 

 

I angrily closed the car door. Sulli and Amber came running down the front steps with bags behind their backs and bowing to Kris before getting inside as well.

 

 

 

 

“What’s wrong with Xu Xian?” Kris asked Key as he looked at Seohyun inside the vehicle.

 

 

“She may be a lot of things Kris but one thing’s for sure.. Seo Joo Hyun is never a patient woman” Key said as he patted Kris’ shoulder and entered the front seat.

 

 

Kris then entered his car and they all started their journey to the Wu Estate.

 

 

 

 

The Wu estate is one of the biggest mansions’ in Seoul. It’s 25 hectares large and the house is surrounded by a vast forest with ponds and plants. The house structure is that of an old castle yet it is more homey and mansion-like. They stopped by the front fountain where they found about 2 dozen maids lined straightly outside the house and a dozen butlers.

 

As soon as Kris got down his car, an old man wearing a butlers’ uniform bowed to him.

 

“Master Wu, it’s good to have you back” The old man said then he stood straight, happiness was evident in his old eyes.

 

 

“Song Yeye!” Kris happily hugged the old man like he was family “No need to be so formal!”

 

 

The old man and Kris chuckled.

 

 

“Yeye!” The old man’s eyes glittered with joy as he heard that familiar voice.

 

 

There Seohyun came, running to the old man with open arms.

 

 

“Xu Xian!” The old man hugged the lady like a grandfather hugging his granddaughter.

 

 

“My, how long has it been? 2 no 3 years?” The old man asked as he pulled away.

 

 

“3 and a half years, yeye” Seohyun said with a small smile on her face.

 

 

“The Lady will be glad to see you both again Master Wu!”

 

 

“Yeye” Kris then pulled Jessica who was behind him. “This is my fiancé, Jessica Jung”

 

 

The old man was momentarily shocked.

 

 

“Hi, it’s so nice to meet the man who has known my Kris all his life” Jessica said as she bowed politely.

 

 

“You’re too kind Ms. Jung” Butler Song said as he faced Kris again “Lady Wu is in the garden waiting for your return”

 

 

Their things were left to the maids and butlers who brought them in their respective rooms. Butler Song led them to the garden where they found an old lady who was busy watering her plants.

 

 

 

“My lady, your grandson and his guests” Butler Song announced then left all of them there.

 

 

 

“Yi Fan, is that you?” The woman asked as she put down the gardening hose.

 

 

 

“Yi Fei Nai Nai, you still look lovely” Kris said as he went over to his beloved grandma and gave her a tight hug.

 

 

“My sweet boy, you’ve now become a man. My little boy is now getting married!” The old woman said in excitement as she pulled away from her grandson. “Who is the lucky girl?”

 

 

Kris chuckled as he looked back and gave Jessica a nod. Jessica came forward and bowed politely at Wu Yi Fei.

 

 

“Nai Nai, this is Jessica. Jessica Jung. My fiancé” Kris introduced.

 

 

“Wow, good genes really run in the family. Now I know where Kris got his good looks” Jessica said with a smile on her face.

 

 

“Well, you’re a lovely lady Ms. Jung. My grandson must be proud” Yi Fei praised. “But Yi Fan, where is Xu Xian?”

 

 

By the mention of her Chinese name, Seohyun popped from behind Key.

 

 

“I’m here Nai Nai!” Yi Fei’s face shone with joy.

 

 

“Xu Xian dear!” Yi Fei opened her arms, asking for a hug. Seohyun walked towards her and hugged her longily.

 

 

“Nai Nai, you’re still as healthy as a horse” Seohyun teased the old lady when she pulled away.

 

 

“I should be if I want to see my great grandchildren. Now where is little Sulli and Amber?”

 

 

 

“We’re here Nai Nai” The two chorused.

 

 

 

“Come and give your old Nai Nai a hug”

 

 

The two hugged their “grandmother” tightly.

 

 

“And you too, Kim Kibum” The old lady winked at Key who was staring at them with a smile on his face.

 

 

“And I thought you’d forget about me Nai Nai” Key said as he joined the group hug.

 

 

 

They all chuckled, looking like a one big happy family. Jessica watched them with hurting eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

hi there! so YEYE is grandfather in chinese, and NAI NAI is grandmother in chinese.. :)

enjoy the update!