Chapter 5

My Bestfriend's Wedding

I stood by the veranda, watching the twinkling stars and the silver moon. Keeping my mind at peace. Lay just left cause he had an early schedule tomorrow.

 

 

“Xu Xian!!!!” Seriously, when will this guy stop? I turned to him, arms crossed my chest.

 

 

“What do you want?” I asked him with anger in my tone.

 

 

I saw his face drop.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry to disturb you”

 

 

He said as he turned his back. I felt guilty and felt myself run towards him and pulled his hand to stop.

 

 

“Sorry Wu Fan” I whispered. It’s hard for me to apologize cause believe me, I’m prideful. But when it comes to Wu Yi Fan, my walls come tumbling down and I’d do anything. ANYTHING, just for him.

 

 

“Xu Xian, I should be the one sorry” He said as he hugged me tight. I miss this, I miss his warm arms around me, his scent filling me, his touch lingering. I miss him.

 

 

“What did you wanna talk about?” I asked as I pulled away from him. He’s getting married and I should probably try to get over him.

 

 

“Xu Xian, can you come to the Wu Traditional Ceremony?”

 

 

I know that he was going to ask me that. The Wu Traditional Ceremony is a Ceremony held for the upcoming husband and wife. The wife must prove herself deserving to marry a Wu man. The ceremony is composed of Archery and Horseback and lastly, the parent’s blessings.  This is what happens if you want to marry a Wu.

 

 

“I knew you were going to say that” I said as I rolled my eyes.

 

 

“Jess needs help you know. She doesn’t know archery and horseback and you’re the expert in that. So I kinda need your help?”

 

He clasped his hands as if he were praying to me when I hit his arm. Hard.

 

 

“Oww!” He yelped.

 

 

“You better tell Mama Wu I’m coming!” I say as I turned my back from him and walked back in the party room.

 

 

I drowned in the crowd. Never looking back to him.

 

 

 

 

 

“Thank you for taking care of our daughter!” Mrs. Seo said as she tightly hugged her little girl.

 

 

“Ah, it was a pleasure to have a girl in the house. My little Yi Fan and I enjoy her presence a lot” Mrs. Wu said as she patted Yi Fan by her side.

 

 

“How could we ever repay you?” Mrs. Seo asked sincerely.

 

 

Mrs. Wu gave out a soft chuckle as she looked at little Yi Fan who was the one who replied.

 

 

“Can you let her stay with us?” Little Yi Fan said with hopeful eyes.

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the short update. Btw, the Wu traditional ceremony is for a bride to prove that she deserves her husband. She does Archery on Horseback as she shoots a flaming arrow on a said target.

dont forget to subscribe, comment, upvote and love!