Chapter 4

My Bestfriend's Wedding

I could still remember those old days when we were all together. Happy and full of life. The smiles on our faces were never erased.

 

 

“This is how you should walk!” Key cat walked down aisle like a professional female model.

 

“But seriously Key, I can’t walk like that!” Amber looked disgusted. She was a boyish girl and Key was a girlish guy. The two always disagreed with eachother.

 

“If I was only blessed to be a girl” Key shook his head dramatically, faking tears.

 

“What a gay” Sulli whispered as she kept on playing with  her psp.

 

“I HEARD THAT!” Key looked sharply at Sulli who just stuck her tongue out.

 

“Guys, could you please settle down. I’m trying to teach Kris here!” Seohyun said as she yelled over from the study table.

 

“I can’t concentrate with your loudness!” Kris shouted a little.

 

“Excuses! YOU CAN’T CONCENTRATE BECAUSE SEOBABY IS THE ONE TEACHING YOU!” Key ended his sentence with an evil grin. Kris blushed hard at his statement and so did Seohyun.

 

“SEO HYUN AND KRIS~ SITTING ON A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!~” Sulli and Amber sang together.

 

 

 

 

“How are you?” Key asked Seohyun once the two of them were left alone.

 

“Fine”

 

“You’re still a bad liar”

 

Being the same age, Key knows Seohyun very well. Much more well than Kris and Sulli does.

 

“Am I that readable?”

 

“Yes”

 

The two chuckled. Just then, Key held Seohyun’s hand.

 

“I don’t know what it feels like to love someone this much. Even after a finished relationship. But all I can say is, if it was love you felt back then, why wouldn’t it be love now? You both have gone through so much in your lives, stood strong with each other. But why? Why did you both let go?” Key looked sad and worried for his best friend. His sister. The only person who understood what he is and accepted him whole heartedly.

 

“I thought you both were too much in love. Why did you give up?”

 

Key’s words hit Seohyun’s heart like a dagger. Deep down,  she knew he was right. But she couldn’t bring herself to answer his question.

 

“I’m sorry Key” She whispered as her voice cracked.

 

“Hey. I’m the one who should be sorry. I wasn’t there to protect my best friend’s “

 

 

 

 

“Kris Wu, I feel like the luckiest woman alive when you asked me to marry you! I’d always say YES”

 

Jessica said on the mic as she went down the stage and walked towards Kris’ table. Letting him stand and infront of everyone, kiss him on the lips.

 

 

If only I could turn back time, right now, it would’ve been me and you. Standing there with our lips locked in a passionate kiss. People would get jealous about our perfect love while we couldn’t care less.

 

“Thank you Jessica! And I DO love you” Kris said on the mic as he kissed Jessica on the forehead.

 

The people clapped their hands at the two couple.

 

“May I request, the person who is really special in my life, to come here and sing for me and my bride. Seo Joo Hyun, Xu Xian, will you please do the honour?”

 

Kris called out for me. That idiot. What is he trying to do? Make me cry more?

 

“Xu Xian?” He called out again.

 

People looked at my direction and I was forced to stand up and fake my smile. I walked towards the couple and Kris handed me the mic. I went up the stage and face the guests.

 

“Before I start to sing, I would like to say a few things. To Kris and Jess, congrats. I didn’t know how you found Kris, Jess but you’re lucky wait no BLESSED to have him. And Kris, I know you had regretted many decisions in your life but I hope this decision will set things right. Love and cherish Jessica each and every day because you don’t know the value of a person once you’ve lost him or her.  A happy life to you both!” I said as I tried my best not to cry. The music started playing. I knew this song!

 

This was our theme song. OUR SONG.

 

 

 

 

Everybody’s got something they had to leave behind

One regret from yesterday that just seems to grow with time

There’s no use looking back or wondering

What it could be now or might have been

All this I know but still I can’t find ways to let you know

I never had a dream come true, till the day that I found you

But even though I pretend that I moved on, you’ll always be my baby

I never found the words to say, you’re the one I think about each day

And I know that no matter where life takes me to, a part of me will always be with you

 

 

“Poor unnie”

 

“Seo~”

 

“Pabo”

 

 

“Xu Xian” I can’t help but remember what we used to be. What WE both had. Why did I ever let you go?

 

 

 

Dinner ended and the real party started. Men and women filled the floor. Noise and alcohol surrounded the place.

 

 

“Enjoying yourself?” Now who is the person going to annoy me next? I turned around with a sarcastic smile plastered on my face.

 

“Look-“

 

“Hi” My eyes widened in surprise.

 

“L-Lay?” I stuttered.  He chuckled cutely, displaying his perfect dimples.

 

“I almost thought you’d never recognize me” He scratched his not-so-itchy head. I couldn’t help but smile at him.

 

“Now, why wouldn’t I recognize a good looking guy?” His smile widened.

 

“Lay! You’re here!” Jessica budged in our conversation. So like her.

 

“Hey Jessi” Lay hugged her. Do they know each other?

 

“I see you’ve met Seohyun” She said as she pulled away.

 

“You know Lay?” I asked, brows furrowed.

 

 “Duh! He’s my cousin! And he’s the best man” I instantly felt nauseous. It isn’t because I hate Lay or something.

 

It’s because, well how should I put this, he used to be one of my suitors.

 

Jaw dropping, I know. But that IS the truth.

 

 

 

“Oops, I’m so sorry.” I bent down as I picked up the scattered music sheets on the floor.

 

“It’s okay” The guy bent down as well, picking up the papers.

 

1 last paper and our hands raced to it. Our fingers touched as we both, at the same time, looked up. A smile was plastered on his serene face, showing off his gorgeous dimples. I couldn’t help myself but admire this man right before me.

 

“Zhang Yi Xing, but you can call me Lay” He said as he stood straightly and so did I.

 

“Seo Joo Hyun but people call me Seohyun” I smiled at him.

 

“XU XIAN!” There he goes again. This big baby couldn’t leave me alone! A really tall duizzhang appeared right behind me, whining like a 5 year old.

 

“CAN’T YOU LIVE BY YOURSELF WU YI FAN?” I said, loosing all of my cool.

 

“Xu Xian, I’m hungry” Just then, Kris noticed Lay. “ Oh, hi there!”

 

“Ni Hao” Lay bowed politely. Kris was momentarily shocked but then laughed all of a sudden.

 

“Ni Hao Ma” Kris said as he bowed.

 

Two Chinese people. I smiled, who thought that this day would be full of surprises.

 

 

So basically, that’s how Lay and I met. I know he is THE Zhang Yi Xing, the famous musician. Who wouldn’t recognize this Chinese hottie?

 

“So, I’m leaving you both” Jessica said as she nudged Lay with a playful smile on her face.

 

Lay smiled cutely while hiding his cute blush.

 

“You’re still the same old Zhang Yi Xing” I said as I patted his shoulder.

 

“Is it a good thing?” He asked as he looked at me.

 

“Well, it’s the best thing!” I said as we both laughed. Zhang Yi Xing, what would’ve happened if I fell for you?

 

 

 

 

Reader's, dont hate Kris. He has a reason why he did those things. So Lay finally appears! what do you think?

comment okay?