Hope

Into Another World

7/22/11

New update! Sorry for taking so long, I had to go to orientation for the past three days, so I had not time to work on the story >.< This one will be a bit short, but the next chapter will come faster, I promise!

Edit: Oh! And here's the map that Bom looks at in this chapter. I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of this map :P It's kind of cuteXD

https://sites.google.com/site/angelintheice2272/home/terra-maps/TerraMap-Politicalcopy.jpg?attredirects=0

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

            For the next few days, Youngbae and Bom worked with Alfonso to finalize a plan on how to dispel all the enchantments made by the Vidle.

            “The primary thing that needs to happen is that the dispelling charm has to be cast all over the world, most likely at the same time,” Alfonso reasoned out.

            “How will that work? Terra is so big. Even if we could fly, it would still take weeks to travel around the planet,” Youngbae countered.

            Bom agreed. “Yeah, unless we take advantage of rain or wind, it seems impossible.”

            “Rain or wind, huh?” Alfonso’s eyes narrowed in thought. “Hmm, maybe we can take advantage of at least one of the two things.”

            He stood up and paced in front of the fireplace. “Rain comes from clouds, and clouds are the consequence of the evaporation of water. That means, if we somehow cast a dispelling charm on all of Terra’s rivers and lakes…”

            “Then the Vidle’s curse will be lifted when it rains,” Youngbae started to get excited.

            “Wait,” Bom voiced out. “But rain doesn’t fall down at the same time for every nation.”

            “Well, actually, it does,” Alfonso replied. “With the exception of Ged and Ton, all nations rain at the same time.”

            “Why not Ged and Ton?” Bom wondered.

            “The nations of Ged and Ton rain almost every day,” Alfonso pulled out the map. “See, the flag for Ged is represented by five raindrops, and Ton’s flag is represented by four raindrops and a sun.”

            “So, as long as we cast a dispelling charm on all lakes and rivers in Terra, we’ll be set?” Bom asked as she continued looking at the map. “We'll still be travelling all over Terra, but we won't need to stay in a certain place for as long.”

            “So, how are we actually going to cast dispelling charms on the rivers and lakes?” Youngbae asked.

            “… I don’t know,” Alfonso replied honestly. There was a short silence in the room. “Of course, it is known that the blue topaz has the power to dispel, but the question is how to bring out that power. My own guess is that a person has to be in contact with the same stone for a long time in order to release the stone’s powers, but that is certainly just a guess. Very few people actually know the correct formula.”

 

                                                :::::::::::

 

            Bom realized that she must have had another nightmare last night. This time, she woke up earlier than usual. When she went to the kitchen, she realized that Alana hadn’t even woken yet. Hmm, I wonder what will happen today.

            She heard the sound of footsteps from the hallway. Turning, Bom saw Youngbae walking toward her, rubbing his eyes.

            “You’re up early as well?” Bom half asked, half stated as she poured herself a glass of milk. “Also a nightmare?”

            Youngbae nodded as he sat down on a chair. Gesturing for the milk carton, he added. “They’re coming today.”

            Bom paused for a second before she gave Youngbae the milk carton and went to get his cup from the cupboard. “Who?”

            Nodding his head in thanks when Bom gave him his cup, Youngbae said nonchalantly. “Our friends.”

            “Huh?!” Bom froze. “You mean Chaerin, Seungri, and Jiyong?”

            “Dara as well,” Youngbae nodded and drank his milk.

            “Dara?” Bom was taken aback. Taking a deep breath to calm herself down, she tried to straighten out her thoughts. “Okay, so I’m being bombarded with surprises here. First, how do you know Dara? I mean, I just met her a few months ago.”

            “Actually, you met her when you were four,” Youngbae smiled as Bom’s jaw dropped. “Her pendant was an ‘H’ with a blue topaz flower. She had to move away because of her parents’ divorce when we were getting our pendants, so we decided to give her a special pendant. The ‘H’ symbolized our ‘hope’ to meet each other again.”

            “I can’t believe I don’t remember her!” Bom was shocked. She went over what Youngbae said in her head to make sure she understood. Wait. Something stood out to her. Quickly turning back to Youngbae, she said. “What was her stone again?”

            “Blue topaz,” Youngbae said as he went over to the sink. Just before he the faucet, he froze.

            “Yeah!” Bom’s heart beat faster with excitement. “Blue topaz! Hah! I guess the ‘H’ symbol had more than one special meaning.”

            “She’ll most likely be able to cast the dispelling charm herself,” Youngbae quickly washed his cup and sat back down in front of Bom.

            “And who knows, she might even be able to bring out the magic in other blue topaz stones as well,” Bom, out of excitement, grabbed Youngbae’s hand. Youngbae, immediately noticing, turned a light shade of red, but Bom didn’t notice. She continued. “Come on! Let’s go tell Alfonso. He’s probably milking the wass right now.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

laDy_akhee: I'm glad that Chapter 7 answered your questions! And they're going to come soon! teehee :D

Starlightshine: Yeah! Kingdom Hearts! And wow, you definitely have my story down! :P Lolol, I want to say more, but I'm afraid I'll give something away~

Genesishkreal: Lol, thanks for reminding me:P

karenfaith_07: I'm glad that you're interested in my story!!