--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Into Another World

       The grass was swaying with the trees. The trees were swaying with the wind. The wind was swaying the trees and the grass, and six children danced to the swaying of the grass and trees which were swayed by the wind that was controlling the children’s movements. They laughed, they played, sang, danced. Swayed. Until their parents called them to come back to the car. One by one, the children boarded the van.

       First was a child of jet black hair. His eyes were the most curious thing about him. They were brown, but occasionally changed color; specks of color, flashing for only the most keen-sighted people to see. Next boarding was a girl with red hair, fiery red, to be exact. Her eyes as brown as the bark of a tree and her aura as bright as a summer day. Third to board, a child with long blond hair and light brown eyes, her hair most fair, most sleek, most beautiful. Fourth, a boy with auburn eyes and brown hair. If you look closely at those stunning eyes, you can see the fire of his existence, the very flame that keeps him alive. Fifth, a boy. A boy with the finest features around. Clear and striking blue eyes, smooth and fine blond hair, perfect features of the face, and the kindest soul imaginable. Last to board, but definitely not the least, a girl. Brown hair, brown eyes. Not the most striking, not the most sleek. But her heart. Oh, the heart of gold, the talent of her imagination. The strong sixth sense, the sense of compassion for others.

       The six of the children were boarding to a very special store. A store far away from everything else. A store where only one parent knew where it was. In the back, the children were chatting away, talking about what they wanted to do during the summer of their eighth year of living, not paying attention to the sudden twist and turn of the outside world, how it became fuzzy and hard to see.

       When the parent stopped and announced their arrival, the children cheered and got out of the car, in the same order that they got in. They entered the shop in the same way too. The boy with jet black hair walked into that shop and gasped. He marveled at the breathtaking work surrounding him. But his eyes caught on something. It was a sculpture. A sculpture of a goddess, a fairy, and an angel. When he was about to touch that sculpture, his attention was drawn back to his peers and what they arrived in that store to look at. Necklaces. They were all looking at the set that his mother had picked for them. The ones with silver chains and one silver letter on each of them. His mother gave a necklace to each child. The jet black haired boy received the one with an ‘F’ on it. However, surrounding that ‘F’ was a jewel of dark red color in the shape of fire. A garnet. The red haired girl received a ‘B’ with a snowflake opal. The blond haired girl received a fancier ‘F’ with a tear drop aquamarine. The brown haired boy received an ‘A’ pendant with a tornado topaz. The blond haired boy received a lightning bolt peridot ‘E.’ Finally; the girl with the brown hair received the most valuable gift. A necklace with the letter ‘H’ on it and a blue topaz flower placed next to the ‘H.’ Hope.

       The parent explained to the children that these necklaces represent part of a whole. Together, five of them represent: Best Friends Forever And Ever. Since the brown haired girl will be moving away, she will be the secret weapon. The necklaces will never be whole until she comes back and meets every one of her five friends. However, nothing will be whole until all of them are united, there will always be something missing in their lives without the other parts. They are trapped within a curse, or a spell, or a charm, however you wish to view it, but it’s there. The children listened closely. Without Dara coming back, they will never be whole again. With one of them leaving, they will never be whole again. With one of them deciding to separate, they will never be whole again. It may not have been a curse to them now, but it will be a curse to them. Sooner or later.