[Y] ou

OH NO!? Love My Name! [COMPLETED]
Chapter 5

Ohno had successfully put his plan in motion. The teddy bear was sent to the police station with the drugs hidden in it. As what he had ordered Maki, they were down to their target, Jessica. Ohno sighed. To be truthful, he had no solid plans on how to deal with that woman. Throughout the years, she had witnessed for herself how Jay had done all the wrong doings and Ohno was sure Jessica would be deeply hurt by Jay’s flirtatious affairs with many women. However, Jessica had never left his side. Ohno was deeply troubled. He questioned many times whether Jessica had been blackmailed by Jay in any way but the team could not really dig any information pointing that way.

“Power of love?” Ohno mumbled with a serious look. To be frank, as a policeman, he had witnessed many incidents of so many people turning their backs on their loved ones. He was skeptical about the existence of genuine love. He did have relationships before, but with love, there were other desires such as lust and want for company.
Suddenly, an image popped up in his mind. It was the image of his team member – Maki Horikita.

“Love?” He smirked to himself as he approached the destination that Maki had mentioned earlier.

Last target locked.

Bring it on.

“Hey Maki!” Ohno approached her with a casual smile which made Maki gasp. This was such a surprise front attack. Furthermore, the smile on Ohno’s face was sufficient to make her heart skip a beat.

“Well… well. Mr Satoshi, this is such a surprise!” Maki tried to carry on the conversation casually to arouse any suspicion. Maki stepped forward to greet Ohno, leading Mr Jay and Jessica as well.

Ohno flashed a charming smile towards Jessica and introduced himself, “I am Ohno Satoshi. I am the representative of Song-Song company. It is a new company which has been set up in Korea and is currently rising and opening new markets. Maki here has been a great help to us back then. Thanks to her social skills, we have managed to contact different people to aid in establishing our company. Nice to meet you, Mr Jay and fiancée, Jessica. I have heard much of you two.”
Ohno swore he could see Jay’s eyebrows twitch and Jessica’s efforts in maintaining her smile. Truth was their actual engagement had been covered up as much as they could. It was no simple feat to know of it and it would take much guts to spill such words right in front of them.

Ohno Satoshi was either not a simple man or a fresh rookie in the business industry, since it was mentioned their company was brand new and established only recently. Jessica eyed him carefully from head to toe. He did look like a businessman though his expression seemed to be that of him daydreaming.

“Nice to meet you too, Mr Satoshi. If you would want to know anything more about our business matters, do approach Jessica. Right now, if you don’t mind, I have other guests to meet and speak to, with Maki, who is now my personal assistant.” Mr Jay spoke quickly, dodging the meeting with Ohno. He knew this guy was acting strange with those words but this was not what Jay was mainly concerned about. He had received news about traffic jams and fiercer rejections from children who refused to give up their soft toys on the buses. Not only was he beginning to feel worried about this operations, he had to get in touch with his business partners to close some deals and demand for certain payments.

“Mr Jay, it seemed that you are rather worried.” Maki commented and lifted her fingers to smoothen the furrowed eyebrows of Mr Jay. This act of affection enhanced Mr Jay’s feelings and confidence in Maki.

“Thank you very much, my darling Maki. Please do help me close the deals and have those men sign the contracts.” Mr Jay kissed Maki’s hand.

“Mr Jay, may I ask for the help of one of the colleagues to handle them? I am still relatively new and may make some blunders…” Maki lowered her gaze to create the impression that she was afraid and worried, stirring Mr Jay’s empathetic feelings towards her.

“Yes dear, of course. I will handle those ladies at the other side myself and their husbands, of course.” Mr Jay put on a dazzling smile which did not reach its intended effect of mesmerizing Maki. Instead, Maki felt like puking. Maki then signaled to Nao to join in their operation.

“Let’s get this over quickly. I want to assist Ohno to tackle Jessica.” Maki thought silently. She wondered how Ohno would handle Jessica. In fact, she felt ridiculous for feeling a tinge of jealousy about the time that Jessica get to share with Ohno due to the confrontation.

Maki and Nao went forward to begin their discussions and negotiations with the business partners of Jay.

On the other hand, Ohno and Jessica were sitting at a remote corner.

“Your company is false, isn’t it?” Jessica asked in a straightforward manner.

Ohno smiled and nodded his head.

“What do you want?” Jessica inquired, her eyes piercing through Ohno. She did have an intuition about who Ohno is but she wanted him to admit it himself.

Ohno smiled again, not replying.

“What do you want, officer?” Jessica added, crossing her arms over her chest.

Ohno grinned and complimented, “you are a smart lady.”

“Cut it out with the praises. I will not testify against Jay.” Jessica snorted in contempt.

“You really love him, do you?” Ohno delved straight into the topic.

Jessica froze and stared at Ohno. “Does a police officer even talk this way?” Jessica tried to dodge the question. Ohno merely shrugged his shoulders, remaining silent. “What good does it serve me to betray Jay? I am a rich woman with authority and control. He has to get married to me someday as well. I have nothing to lose if I stand on his side.”

Jessica sneered.

Ohno chuckled.

Jessica widened her eyes at his reaction. “What’s wrong?”

“Stop putting up the act! You are so tired of it all, aren’t you?” Ohno retorted. His smiles and chuckles were gone. In his eyes were seriousness and signs of empathy. He was trying to trigger Jessica’s true feelings and pushing her to show her weakness. He hoped his act was good enough.

“You are sprouting nonsense!” Jessica averted her gaze and drank the drink that she had grabbed from earlier. “Tired of what? I am a strong-willed woman who has riches, skills, looks and confidence to pull things off.”

“You sure are confident and you are right about your looks. However, your heart is not your head. Emotions are not always in sync with logic. You may have convinced yourself that you are going to pull it through and Jay will be by your side eventually. You may have told yourself endless times that he was going to stop his affairs. He could have told you that he only loves you and the other women were harmless flings.” Ohno narrated in his soft voice and a melancholic tone.

Jessica’s eyes softened and revealed sadness for a moment but she quickly kept her cool and kept a cold gaze. She had all her emotions withheld within seconds. Ohno was impressed by this calm and logical woman. Just how did she fall so deeply in love with that disgusting Jay that she was willing to sacrifice so much for him?

“Officer, that was a nice storyline but too typical. Dramas nowadays have been broadcasting this antique storyline without creativity. You are trying too hard to get words out of my mouth.” Jessica attacked back calmly, sipping her drink again.

“Well, Jessica, I am not really trying very hard. I am not repeating the storylines to get your words out. I am just stating facts based on photographs, media reports and other sources of information. As a person directly involved, and very deeply involved, you are unable to deny the truth. Could you?” Ohno eyed Jessica, holding her gaze.

He then continued, “you have been working so hard for him throughout these years and even helping him to dress his flings up in the office. You have aided him in so many ways, not just in the business arena, advertising and even his lustful desires to have other women. You are a strange woman, aren’t you? You actually can tolerate sharing your man with so many women, and watching them splurging on your hard-earned money?”

“Shut up!” Jessica finally snapped. “What do you really know? Who are you to speak in this position?”

Ohno ignored her irritation and continued deliberately, “You are a smart woman, and a pretty one. You have had many suitors. I am sure they have told you the facts too. Other men could have provided you with comfort and opportunities to groom your talents and embrace your expertise. Why choose to stay low and besides Jay? He is even venturing into dirty businesses such as illegal drugs dealing and making use of children? How do you stand this? How can you remain working for him? How can you tolerate this, when you had been one of the orphans who wanted teddy bears, love and concern?”

Jessica lost it. “How do you know it? How did you?” Her eyes were full of rage. She could feel her lips twitching and her teeth gritting.

“Which part are you referring to?” Ohno calmly asked; which provoked Jessica further.

“You know clearly which fact I am referring to!” Jessica shouted with her fists clenched.

Ohno looked into her eyes and gradually a small smile lit up on his face. “You just admitted to Jay committing some crimes, you know? Illegal drugs-dealing and making use of children, especially orphans who needed help and love.”

“Shut up! When did I ever admit it? Stop emphasizing on orphans! How did you know?” Jessica shrieked.

“I just do.” Ohno’s short and cold reply made Jessica stop yelling. She stared hard at Ohno.

“Jessica,” Ohno lowered his voice and called out gently.

“Jessica, why have you been so silly? Why are you helping him with all these? Of all people, you should know these children’s plight…”

Jessica clenched her fists even tighter and bit her lower lips. The officer was right. She knew how the orphans felt. She betrayed them.

“You don't understand. Jay is my everything. These children have many years to go. They still get lollipops and outings. They are unaware of the drugs and the real happenings. They are innocent and ignorant. They do not know what is going on, so they are not hurt by it.”Jessica tried to defend their doings.

“I understand now why you targeted these children. The charitable spirit was in addition a boost to the philanthropic image of the company, isn’t it? But didn’t you try to negotiate with Jay? Shouldn’t he empathise with you and the children as well?” Ohno was poking at places to explore new directions for a breakthrough. He had randomly guessed the part about Jessica being an orphan after observing her micro facial expressions. Fortunately, Lady Luck was on his side. He desperately needed it.

“Yes, these children were really helpful…” Jessica sighed. All of a sudden, overwhelmingly, the fatigue was seeping through her body and spreading fast. She had always managed to compose herself but not today. The officer had pointed out her most critical weakness and her most inner true self – an inferior orphan. She knew if she started talking now, she would reveal everything.

“Jessica, it is okay if you do not want to talk further. Can I just request for your assistance and for you to follow me to the police station to make some statements? What you have said earlier had been recorded. The police will be requesting for a search warrant soon if you tell us more about embezzlement by Jay and associates. Of course, you can choose to reveal and testify against him or remain silent…”Ohno spoke with concern in his melodic voice.
“It is hard to love a man like him. I do not know why but you may tell me later. I understand that you would need some time to calm down and think things through. However, as an observer, I can only tell you this, Jessica…”Ohno put his hands on Jessica’s shoulders and made her look straight into his eyes again.

“You have been doing well for your love, Jessica. You have done really really well. However, it may be time to let go now. You need a break and you deserve a rest.” Ohno patted Jessica’s shoulders. With that, Jessica burst into tears and clung onto Ohno. The two were on their way to the police station…

Maki and Nao had also managed to convince (or threaten) Jay’s business associates into admitting certain wrongdoings, with some explicit contracts as evidence and recordings.

Mr Jay was doomed but he could not escape. He tried to call Jessica but to no avail…

“Breaking news. This is reporter Natsu. Mr Jay had been charged with many offences including embezzlement and ual harassment and many other more. The police have revealed the ugly hidden truths behind this successful businessman and his corporation after years of investigation. It is said that Jay’s fiancée Jessica had been one crucial key in aiding the police to pin Jay down. There…”

Ohno sighed as he watched the news. Finally, the case was closed and his team was on break.

Another perfect record, but Ohno’s heart ached for the poor woman who suffered at Jay’s hands. She had thought that by helping him satisfy his needs and greed, she was showing him love and reciprocating him for his love. Jay had been a man who loved her for who she was. He knew she was an orphan but yet he took a strong liking to her and had wooed her for months. Back then, all was lovely and rosy. However, Jay eventually revealed his true colours but Jessica was naive and stubborn. She clung onto him as she had became too dependent on this man.

Ohno sighed again. “Love makes people such fools…” He drank a cup of vodka. He was waiting for someone to meet him. His eyes swiftly turned to the entrance. Five more minutes to the meeting time… Then he saw her.

Maki was wearing a low V-cut black body-hugging dress. She scanned the club for the man she had been yearning and waiting for. She finally spotted him. He raised his drink up and smiled at her. Her lips curved upwards automatically.
“You are early.” Maki commented sweetly.

“Never keep a woman waiting.”Ohno replied coolly.

“Nice one. Who taught you that?” Maki asked, while signaling for a drink from the bartender.

“My mother,” Ohno replied truthfully.

“I see. Your mother is intelligent. What else did your mother teach you?” Maki asked cheekily.

“Always compliment the woman on how she looks, positively. You are beautiful today.” Ohno grinned.

“Well, thank you, though I wonder if you are praising me from the bottom of your heart.”Maki smartly answered.

“Of course, you are really pretty and y tonight.” Ohno praised with a playful smile on his face.

“So, Boss, what is the occasion tonight?” Maki inquired, though she was pretty sure about his intention. He had only messaged her to come out a few hours ago. There were only the two of them.

“You know it, don't you?” Ohno sipped his drink and decided to let his hands do the talking. He cupped Maki’s face in his hands.

“Your face is really small.”Ohno commented seriously.

“Thank you. I take that as a compliment. Are you going to use cheesy lines or …?” Maki prompted. This boss of hers was really too superb in acting. Throughout the case, she had seen him take on so many different roles to tackle at any possible angles. He even kissed her. Her eyes glinted with joy and her smile broadened.

Ohno noticed the changes in Maki’s facial expressions. He could also feel a slight increase in heat of her cheeks. “Cheesy lines? I am going to capture you because you are a thief who have stolen my heart?”

Maki laughed out loud. “Are you serious? You should have divided that cheesy line into lines, so that you can deliver the punch better. I thought you were good with your words. You managed to get through to Jessica which other officers have not been able to.”

“Well, Jessica is a different woman. I had a different task back then. Now I have a personal task and case which is to get you on a date with me. I would like to ask you to be my girlfriend, though it is going to be tough since you are a rookie and I am a pro.” Ohno stated in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

“Smug!” Maki playfully slapped Ohno’s hands off her face.

“So what do you think? Yes or no?” Ohno asked again. He preferred things to be direct and straightforward though he enjoyed unexpected challenges.

Maki sipped her drink and put her hands on Ohno’s face. “Your face is not small!”

Ohno’s face remained a poker face. Maki then leaned forward.
“No, I am not kissing you tonight. Ohno Satoshi. I am saying yes.” Maki whispered in Ohno’s ears.

Ohno smiled to himself and pulled Maki closer to him. They were in a tight embrace now. “The suspense was good just now.” He whispered in Maki’s ears. “But I know you are not going to kiss me. Afterall, I had more experience in creating suspense and observing expressions than you, rookie.”

Maki pouted subconsciously but she was glad to be in his arms.

“Oh no! Satoshi!” She mocked and . Ohno merely chuckled.

It might seem as if the two of them hit things off too quickly but Ohno was fatigued of the police work. Sometimes, one has to just grab hold of the chances. Sometimes, one has to remember to listen to one’s heart and not merely one’s head.

Love makes people such fools. Indeed. But sometimes, people have to take risks and try things out. Afterall, many had said that it is better to have loved and lost than to not love at all.

At least they could enjoy their short break together before they had to deal with the harsh realities again...

-

THE END

-

FINALLY COMPLETED. MERRY XMAS. (BELATED)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND COMMENTS. I WILL TRY TO FINISH THE REST SOON. I WILL TRY:P

i doubt i have any readers left but still. i will try very hard to complete the other fanfics. hopefully i can:p

HAHAS.

CRUNCH*