[R] eady

OH NO!? Love My Name! [COMPLETED]
Chapter 4

“Note your surroundings, teammates. We are so going to expose him…” The Leader’s order could be heard in the ears of his undercover team.

They were now situated in a charity event that Mr Jay was going to take part in. Recently, they had successfully received more help from the victims as they were willing to testify, together with some of the video footages that could be used as evidence against Mr Jay for ual harassment, bribing and molesting.

The best would be that they could get Mr Jay’s most significant helper, Jessica, to join their side. However, that would need some time. Today, they would have to keep their eyes wide open to capture any evidence of Mr Jay’s illegal dealings with other huge organizations. If they succeed, they would catch several big fish in one net finally.

The team could not afford to think of failing. This was one huge mission that could not tolerate mistakes. They had to catch all those big fish. Those big fish had enjoyed pleasures and their greed was insatiable. All their happiness was built on the miseries of the so many innocent victims who could not put up much fight.

“Today we are very honoured to have Mr Jay with us. He is the chairman of ….” The host announced.

Mr Jay went up on stage and managed to put up a charming smile for all to see. “Well, it is my honour too, pretty host! Today we are here to show support for the children’s organization. As many know, Childcare is a charitable organization which is not supported by the government. Throughout the years, they have been helping to take care of children who suffer from abuse or are abandoned by their parents as well as orphans whose parents passed away so suddenly in accidents. As the chairman of my company, I feel that I have to do something. We have been donating sums of money to help support the workings of the organization. This year, we are going to hold overseas trips for these children. At the same time, we are proud to announce that we have already prepared free soft toys for all of the children here today as well as a small trip to the new amusement park.”

The audience clapped loudly. Mr Jay smiled again, humbly, leaving a very good impression on the audience.

Ohno and his team were fazed by Mr Jay’s pretence but they remained professional, revealing none of their contempt towards him. At the same time, they were vigilant, always on the lookout for traces of evidence.

A popular saying goes, “No evidence is evidence itself.” Mr Jay had succeeded in keeping himself out of trouble for years but this time round, the one leading the mission was none other than Ohno, the sinners’ arch enemy.

Ohno now was watching the teddy bears given out to the children now. Those children were so excited to receive the free soft toys. Their eyes shone with bliss and their grins were so brilliant. Ohno felt sympathy for them. They were robbed of their parents or had suffered inhumane abuse at such young ages.

As he continued to gaze intently at the children, one of the children actually ran forward to Ohno. Ohno had been leaning against a pillar, acting as a laidback visitor to the event.

“Do you want this teddy bear too?” The young boy asked innocently. He revealed a toothy grin as not all his teeth had grown. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes. With the rosy cheeks, the young boy was cherubic.

A wide grin spread on Ohno’s face. “No, little boy, you can keep the teddy bear.” Ohno then patted the boy’s head.

“Really? But you kept looking at the bears. You really don’t want this?” The boy pursued his questioning.

Ohno shook his head and chuckled carefreely. “No, I was just thinking that all of you looked very happy to receive these bears. Are you happy?”

The boy sighed and shook his head. “I will tell you a secret. Promise you will not tell anyone. Alright?”

Ohno realized that something must be very wrong. He pressed his recorder on. He then nodded his head and listened to the boy who had something to say.

“Pinky promise?” The boy inquired and raised his little finger up.

“Alright. You are going to tell me a secret and I will not reveal it to anyone. You are telling me the secret out of your own accord. I did not force you. You can choose not to tell me if you don’t want to.” Ohno stated clearly to the boy.

“Yes, I am telling you because I want to tell it to someone who listen and will believe me. Do you?” The boy then raised another question.

All of a sudden, Ohno realized that the young boy was very mature and not just all smiles. He wondered what really happened to all of them. “Yes, I believe you. Pinky promise. You can tell me now.”

Ohno hooked fingers with the young boy.

“We have been given such huge soft toys which are really nice to hug each year for about two to three years. Every year, they tell us that we can keep those toys but we never get them in the end. On the buses, they will collect all the soft toys and replace them with lollipops.” The boy pouted.

Ohno frowned. This was the evidence he knew he needed but he felt beyond irritation that these children were being made use of. These children were those who really needed love and care. They should never be used as tools for Mr Jay and his gang to make dirty money.

“Did they tell you why they took away the toys? Who are the ‘they’?” Ohno questioned carefully in a gentle tone.
“They are the teachers and drivers. They just said they need the toys to be given back. When some of us do not want to give back, we get scolded. One of my friends was hit on his bum so hard he cried.” The young boy’s lips curved downwards. He was clearly upset.

Ohno felt truly disgusted at these adults’ acts. He had to do something quick. Teachers were gathering the excited kids together. The young boy would leave him soon.

“Nao, Steven and Matsu, get to the buses. Find a way to install recorders inside. I want the happenings on the buses to be recorded clearly and the voices to be audible. If you can get confessions from the drivers, that would be the best. After getting the confessions, impersonate the drivers so that you can witness the whole incident and record them more professionally. Link the recorders up to the computer in the headquarters, Mike. All of us need to work very fast on this. Quick! Mike, at the same time, does a background check on all the charitable events that the despicable Jay had joined. I want all details. Maki, remain close to Jay to find out more for the time being. The children will be our last witnesses eventually. Over.”

“What’s your name, young boy?” Ohno pulled the young boy’s hand and began walking the boy back to where the teachers were. Plans were being formed in his head.

“Daichi. Are we going back? I don’t want to…” Daichi dragged his small footsteps.

“Alright, but you have to report to your teacher, don’t you?” Ohno inquired.

Daichi nodded his head. “Alright, I will tell the teacher I want to go to the toilet. You help me keep the bear first. Later I will get it back from you. You must wait for me! Okay?” Daichi made Ohno smile.

“I will wait for you. I promise.” Ohno gave a reassuring smile. Daichi left the bear with him and ran to report the teacher quickly.

After that, Ohno walked Daichi to a nearby police officer which Ohno had called up to help. “Daichi, you do know that it is very dangerous to talk to a stranger like me, right?”
“But you don’t look like a baddy…”

“Bad people do not always look bad. Remember this. Keep it in your head. You are a very smart, brave and cute boy. When you grow up, you will be a very good man with sound character.”

Daichi nodded his head, even if he could not comprehend fully what Ohno was saying. “I want to be a policeman!”

Ohno nodded his head and smiled in pride. He winked at Daichi and allowed the police officer to lead Daichi to the police station. Daichi was going to have to repeat his words and provide a testimony with the presence of officers and child psychologists and counsellors.

Ohno held the bear close to his heart and then felt something weird. Indeed, it was a soft toy which was nice to hug. However, as Ohno dug his fingers in, the soft toys were not all cotton and fur. He could sense something hidden within. He asked his fellow police officer for a pair of scissors and cut the toy up.

There were a few small packets of white powder inside the stuffed soft toy.

Rage was screaming its way in Ohno’s body. Jay and his people had been using these innocent children as means to transport drugs. These children were pulled into and tainted by illegal drugs-dealing. He took photographs of the evidence and passed them to the officer. Both Daichi and the soft toy with the drugs were to be sent to the police station immediately.

This was a huge breakthrough.

If his teammates succeeded in the video-recording of the happenings on the buses, and gotten confessions from the drivers who should be Jay’s men, there was definitely sufficient evidence against Jay for illegal drugs dealings.

Ohno clenched his fists. There was one major crime that Jay should pay for. Embezzlement.

For that to be a valid charge, the evidence could only come from one person.
Jessica.

Jay’s actual fiancée.

The only woman who truly loved him despite all his imperfections.

“Maki, do note that you have to get close to Jessica. She is the next important key. I will be joining you soon to tackle the last one. Over.”

Maki heard her orders and breathed in deeply. She did finally catch a few glimpses of him again after their kiss. However, he had been so focused and serious in carrying this mission out. He had not bothered to approach her.

Despite her trying very hard to not feel upset, she knew she was in for it. Her heart sank when all the words he had spoken to her this day was all about the mission. Her logical mind had warned her that it would be impossible for the two of them to have a blossoming relationship. However, she had been hoping. In fact, she was even more in love with Ohno after realizing the man he was. He was so competent, so focused and the brilliant leader with the quick wits, guts and professionalism.

She really knew that if sinners ever realize that Ohno was the cop assigned to catch them, the sinners would really have to shout “Oh no!”in despair. There was no way that the sinners could win Ohno.

Maki continued plastering the smiles as she mingled with Jay’s partners and more. She was keeping a keen eye out for potential partners in crime so that the team could check up more information and arrest the sinners.

She knew that the team was doing a great job and was now left with finding evidence to charge Jay against embezzlement. Jessica would be a tough nut to crack. However, Ohno would be joining her.

She was anticipating the last part of the mission.

She would get to work with him.

The honourable Satoshi Ohno.

-

CHEERS! :)

CRUNCH.