Familiar

Shin Ai (True Love)

 

At last.

MJ had finally stepped on the university’s certain quarter called the “Harvard Yard” where freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors’ dormitories were located.

He was assigned at the Viva Hall, situated on the southern part of the yard, a historical home of Harvard University students for their second year in residence upon their initial arrival in the latter.

It boasted a beautiful marble staircase, hardwood floors, high ceilings and in-suite bathrooms. Rooms in Viva were typically singles, doubles or triples.
The Viva Common Room had a comfortable, old-Harvard feel that was reminiscent of many of the upper class houses.
It featured a full kitchen for cooking. For relaxation, there was a ping pong table, along with couches and chairs.
Viva's beautiful accommodations more than compensated for its short distance from other halls.

He heaved out a deep sigh before he entered the hall.

While he was walking in the hallway, all eyes were focused to him like they were trying to pierce him – except for the girls.

“…oh, who’s that guy?”

“Bago siya dito?”

“Mukhang probinsyano pero...”

“Pero girls, kiber! Ang gwapo niya kasi eh, hihi.”

“OMG! He’s so cute.”

['kiber' is a gay language for 'don't care']

Most of the girls assigned on the same hall were whispering too much compliments about MJ but he decently ignored them, thinking that the place was not his turf.

He passed by a slightly opened door with a girl sneaking her left eye.
MJ looked intently at her for about three seconds but the girl just firmly closed the door.
He then continued walking until he reached his room which was just next to it.

 

♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧

 

Upon entering the room, MJ was stunned about its five-star-hotel-look.

All was clean, set and so LUXURIOUS.
When he saw the queen-sized bed, he abruptly hurled himself as if he dived into a deep part of the ocean. And yes, it was so soft and comfortable.

After an hour of exploring things out, he decided to go for a walk outside.
….......into other halls and into the center of the yard.
He was taking gradual steps with his head tilted to the right side.
When he was about to return his head infront, he suddenly bumped into someone. (boogsh!!!)

“Aray!” MJ exclaimed with closed eyes.

“Ouch!!!” the other person exclaimed, too, but like an angry dinosaur.

The hand-carry things of that someone fell and messed into the ground.
Without hesitation, MJ picked them up one by one.
When he was about to hand the things and face the person in front of him, his eyes suddenly widened.

A girl with a long and black hair, slim body, and angelic eyes.

Guess who?

“An..An..Angellie Urquico???” MJ asked while stunned in his place full of shock.

Without knowing what to do, he threw himself forward and gave the girl a very tight hug.

“Ikaw nga Anj! Masayang-masaya ko at nakita rin kita dito,” MJ gladly whispered in her ear.

….......Angellie Urquico indeed.

But while MJ was hugging her, she forcefully repelled and pushed him away from her.

“Ano ba! Unang-una sa lahat, hindi ako an-an! At... YYYUUUUUCCCKKK!!! Sino ka ba? 'Wag na 'wag mo kong hawakan! Tingnan mo nga 'yang suot mo, an-jologs! Para pang basahan!” Anj irritably scold him, consecutively getting her things from him.

After fixing things up, Anj walked away.

MJ was still shocked in his place with his back against Anj's but began smiling as if he won the lottery.

 

♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧

 

“Hi Nadz, andito na ko,” Anj greeted Nadine while she was entering the 1st room in the Viva's Hall.

Speaking of the one who was sneeking an eye on MJ before, that girl was Nadine a.k.a. Nadz, also a member of Pop Girls who decided to continue her studies like Anj.
They were the closest among the members. Actually,
the two girls were roommates.
Nadz was just waiting for Anj to arrive, and so was she.

“Uy Anj! Dito ka na pala, kanina pa ko naghihintay,” Nadz replied. “Oh, ba't parang biyernes santo 'yang mukha mo?”

“Pa'no ba naman, may nakabungguan ako kanina. Kainis! Nahulog tuloy mga gamit ko. Mukhang pa siyang manyak, niyakap ba naman ako bigla?”

“Hayaan mo na, fan mo lang siguro 'yun na baliw na baliw sa'yo. Iba na talaga 'pag sikat noh? Dami na uma-admire sa'yo, hehe. Pero andito na tayo eh, kelangan muna mag-aral kahit masakit isipin na iiwan natin mga tagahanga natin.”

Anj just nodded while staring blankly to something else.

 

♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧

 

First day of classes sa Harvard University.

Lahat ng estudyante ay excited at nasa kanya-kanyang classroom na especially 'yung mga sophomore na nagkita-kita muli.

Ang AngelliNadz tandem na nagbalik sa school ay nakaupo na rin sa chosen spot nila sa loob ng classroom at as expected, marami ang naghihiyawan at nagkakagulo dahil classmates lang naman nila ang two of the most admired personalities of PPop .

Maya-maya, dumating ang isang kilabot na professor.
Mukhang foreigner at medyo may katandaan na.
Lahat ay tumahimik at bumalik sa kani-kanilang upuan.

“Okay, good morning class,” the prof greeted everyone in a rather sharp tone. “Since all of you have known most of the students here in this university, I just want you to meet your new classmate.”

“Ha? Sino naman kaya?,” Anj asked Nadz and her seatmates.

The prof directed his attention to the door and swiped his hand lower, signalling the transferee to come in.

“He will be your new classmate, a transferee and an academic scholar here. I hope you will acquaint him not only as your classmate but as your new friend as well.” The prof gave his way for MJ to speak up.

“Ahm, good morning everyone. I'm Meljohn Magno from Cagayan (random) and I hope to have a fruitful college experience here in this renowned university. May all of you become close to me and enjoy college through the years. Thank you very much.”

A big hand welcomed MJ.

“Wait, where will I place you?” the prof asked weakly while rubbing his bearded chin and looking for available seats. “Ok MJ, you can choose wherever you want to sit.”

MJ smiled and looked around for an available chair.

“Waw, ang cute naman niya. Sana dito siya umupo,” one girl said.

“Oo nga, lalo na kung mag-smile. Nakakamatay!”

Whispers all around.

Meanwhile, MJ suddenly stopped and smiled even more when he saw Anj.

Unfortunately, meron ng mga seatmate si Anj so hindi sila magkakatabi. Pero wait, walang nakaupo dun sa likod ni Anj. Ok na rin 'yun!

MJ seated at the chair behind Anj.

'Bakit andito 'yang probinsyanong jologs at manyak na 'yan?' Anj asked herself while sitting frozen in her chair. Siya lang yata 'yung hindi nakatingin while everyone's attention was on MJ.

Si Nadz na nasa left side ni Anj ay tumingin sa likod at binati si MJ.

“Hi MJ! Welcome sa Harvard. I'm Nadine pala, but you can call me Nadz.”

“Hello Nadz, thanks. Nice meeting you,” MJ replied while handshaking with Nadz.

Si Anj, parang ang lalim-lalim ng iniisip. Hindi kaya dahil super OKRAY siya nung magkita sila ni MJ? O baka naman may ibang binabalak? Hmmm...

 

END OF CHAPTER 3