Another story

Little Thing

''Chaerin''

 

You tried to calm the sobbing CL on the phone. She's been crying like this about two hours. You combed your hair backwards with your fingers, what a stressful day. ''He told me that we both shouldn't be like this anymore, what does he mean by that? Did he just dump me?...'', Chaerin keeps on talking about the 'guy'. Of course, you're not surprise. Jiyong is indeed a heartbreaker.

 

''Chaerin, I know how you feel, just...'', you know how it feels like, you were dumped once.

 

''No, you don't know! It hurts me alot! You don't know because I'm the one that feel it!'' CL screamed on the phone. You sighed. Fine~ What about me being dumped a year ago by him? The injuries still exist til today, deep inside your heart said.

 

And CL keeps on and on talking about that til 1 a.m. in the morning, when she feels tired of crying and sleepy. You ended the call and sighed.

 

Brrr... Brr...

 

A call entered. You are too sleepy, but still, you answered the phone too.

 

''I cannot sleep, it hurts me alot''

 

And again CL talked about the same thing til dawn.

 

*****

 

You yawned widely and leaned your head backward on the couch in the studio. You are too sleepy to work today, because of CL last night. Teddy looked at you and sighed, ''what are you doing last night? You drink again?'' suspected Teddy.

 

You closed your eyes with your arm. ''I was on the phone for the whole night'', you answered. You are not alcoholic, but when you drink one, you cannot sleep for the rest of the day. Thats how alcohol made you.

 

''With who?''

 

''Someone who just had a heartbreak'', you answered coolly. Teddy raised his eyebrow, ow.

 

''That's why I couldn't call you last night'', he told you. You asked him why he called you last night. And he didn't answer you. He seems feeling guilty towards you. He felt sorry for you. Why?

 

*****

 

Last night, he went to the club with Tablo and Psy. They met Jiyong with Seungri there. Psy and Tablo pulled Seungri to drink with them, leaving Jiyong and Teddy alone.

 

''Where's your girl?'' asked Teddy, of course, sarcastically.

 

Jiyong gulped down a glass and smirked, ''girl make me in dilemma''. Teddy chuckled, of course, you make them in dilemma too. ''June...'', suddenly Jiyong called your name, almost whispering.

 

Teddy turned quickly to him, ''June? Should I call her?'' he became excited all of the sudden as Jiyong mentioned your name. He pockets out his cellphone and starts dialing your number. But your phone keeps on engaged all of the time. So he decided to leave a mailbox to you.

 

''YAH JIEUN AH!''

 

Jiyong turned to him quickly as he called out that name aloud. Jiyong's face changed as he heard that name. Something's wrong... He's calling June, but why Jieun's now? Teddy realised he's busted that night, ''I mean June, why you cannot be reach?''

 

Yes, Teddy's busted. Jiyong's eyes focused on him. ''Jieun? ''

 

Teddy looked away to the dance floor, ''June~ whose Jieun~'', sure he didn't know how to lie, or at least got it covered. Jiyong stared on him, he knew it that Teddy's lying. ''She's Park Jieun'', he confirmed.

 

Teddy turned to him, and sighed. How could I lie more? He asked himself. ''June Park's real name, Park Jieun'', he confirmed Jiyong's first statement. Jiyong's eyes told him that he knew it already from the first. He's waiting for another statement from Teddy's mouth.

 

Teddy sighed, ''I know I shouldn't say this''.

 

He continued, ''she's not Jieun's that you knew before... before you broke her heart''. Jiyong looked away. ''I don't know what is the problem, but at least I reminded you already, she's not Jieun, she's June, June is different from Jieun''.

 

Jiyong remained silent. He knew it already. She's Jieun. It's just that the personality she owned now is different than before. ''Did I make her like this?'' he asked himself. His heart felt heavy all of the sudden. The burden stills there, even though it happened a year ago, but his heart never calmed a bit. He felt scared, afraid of something.

 

''This little thing bothered me too much'', he complained with a chuckle.

 

''Little thing?'' asked Teddy. How come he considered this as a 'little thing'?

 

He chuckled slightly, of course, its supposed to be a little thing that lived in his heart, but became a big burden to his body despite its being little.

 

*****

 

You glared on Teddy as he told you what had happened last night. Teddy keeps on apologising of what had happened. You remained silent, ''I need to be alone'', you know you couldn't get mad to Teddy, but at least someone just need to leave you alone to calm this massive distress of your heart.

 

Teddy sighed. He lifted his and leave the studio to give you spaces to be alone.

 

While closing your eyes, things from years ago flashed back to mind. You knew Jiyong from university, you have the same major as him, Music. After 3 years known each other, he's the one that told you that you should be together with him, but wanted to keep the relationship as a secret. Not until he dumped you after that, because you're a third person only. How come you are so stupid, June? You didn't see that? You're a fool.

 

You opened your eyes, you could feel your eyes wet. Did I cry again? What is this? The never-endibg depression that I suffered. Why me? You asked yourself.

 

''June Park!''

 

Teddy called you from outside. He sighed as he saw you walking weakly to him.

 

''You shouldn't be like this'', he said, worrying, ''you should go out, you make things look worse being like this, you make us feel bad, for Jiyong and all of us''.

 

You looked at him as he mentioned the name, ''why should you care...''

 

He sighed again, ''you look worse right now, at least, don't make it obvious''. Your swollen eyes, your pale skin, of course, its too obvious. ''I'm just stress, it's common'', you replied, trying to cover your problem.

 

''No, you are beyond stress already'', he stated. Worried.

 

Someone's coming towards both of you. ''Jieun...'', someone called your real name. No one called your real name in the office. You lifted your head to see. Yes, its Jiyong. ''I'm June'', you stressed on your name.

 

''No! You are Jieun!'' he fought you back.

 

Your heart felt heavy again, Jieun... only Jieun could feel the pain in her heart. But you are June. You cannot loss! But why. Why you can feel the same pain as Jieun's? Why the pain now is feels like real?

 

''Shut up! You don't know anything about me!'' you yelled on him.

 

''You are Jieun! Park Jieun! The person that I broke her heart a year ago! I know you, Jieun!'' Jiyong keeps fighting back. Teddy tried to calm both of you, since it seems like its going to be a fist fight soon.

 

''June'', CL all of a sudden appeared at the scene. She glared on Jiyong. ''June, we need to talk'', she grabbed and pulled your hand with her up the rooftop.

 

*****

 

CL smirked with her eyes tearing, ''now I know why Jiyong dumped me''. You slid you hands to your jumper's pockets and waits for CL's next words.

 

''You, June. Because of you , June!''

 

CL yelled on your face. You sighed. ''I keep wondering why, why he acts like that? Why? And you! You don't even say anything! Why!?''

 

''Yah, Chaerin'', you approached her, but she keeps stepping away, with keeps on yelling on your face. You hold her arms, ''Chaerin! Listen!''

 

She finally stopped talking, but tears flowing rushly down her cheeks. She sobbed.

 

''I used to be with Jiyong'', you told her, ''but that happened a long time ago''.

 

''You know why he dumped me?'' you continued. CL looked at you on your eyes, ''why?'' with her shuddering voice.

 

''Because he chose to be with you, rather than me''

 

CL stared on you, surprised on your confession.

 

''I am sorry, for interfering in your relationship, I am sorry for causing things to be like this, but one thing you must know, we're done, our story already finished a year ago''. Your eyes also tearing, but you restrained it. ''But... June...'', CL tried to talk.

 

''No I'm not done yet'', you cut her words. ''I did ask Jiyong why he dumped me? Was it because of third person? And nope... because I was actually the third person. You are the one that he chose since than''.

 

''Why did you come here for?'' CL stills cannot understand you, she keeps on suspecting you.

 

''I have to work, Chaerin. I have to move on'', you answered wisely. Yes you have to move on, rather than drowning in the pool of heartbreak. ''Did you move on?''

 

''Moving on...'', you sighed, ''I am''. Even though it sounded like a lie, but at least after you told CL the truth, some of your heart's burdens lifted up a bit. Isn't that moving on? No?

 

''Look'', you stared on her, ''I am sorry for keeping this too long from you, but I remind you, my story's already over, I don't want to have any involvement in your story, I don't need to because I'm done with it already''.

 

CL calmed a bit, eventhough she keeps on crying. You released your hand from holding her.

 

You turned around and found out that Jiyong's already standing there. Did he hear us? You questioned. You left CL alone to calm herself, and walked down from the rooftop. But Jiyong's grabbed your arm immediately. You pulled away your arm from his grip.

 

''The rest is your work, stop involving me in your problem'', you stated.