You are not moving on

Little Thing

You sat next to Teddy Park in his studio, focusing on the paperwork that was just given by the president yesterday. Someone knocked the door and Tablo's head popped in. "Come in", said Teddy Park, and he entered the room. Tablo pulled out a chair and sat together with the two of you. And the three of you discussed about the song for Tablo's next album, about the lyrics, what should be put in, what should be taken out. 

 

"No, no, this one should be 'breaking someone's heart is wrong, but breaking it and running away is a sin', this should be fine...", you suggested. Teddy and Tablo stared on you. "June, are you sure you are fine?" asked Tablo. You raised your eyebrows, and nodded, "why?'' Tablo sighed, "nothing.."

 

"...just, your song started to make me sad lately", Tablo continued. Teddy looked at you, there are questions in his eyes. You looked down. You know you started to feel depressed lately. You realised that too, Teddy realised about that too, and even the others from your team. Your song is almost a heartbreaking song. It is good that people could feel your song, but it is unhealthy when people started to feel your sadness. "It might be my album, but your music is totally depressive", complained Tablo.

 

"Sorry", you apologised. Tablo sighed. The first time he knew you, you are just a plain cold-hearted person, but recently he realised that you almost become cold-blooded one. 

 

"I hope you know how a good song can be a bright song too, once", said Tablo.

 

*****

 

Tablo and Teddy went out of the studio after the meeting's over. No its not over yet, you were asked to spend your time calming your heart. You leaned backwards, resting your head on the sofa, and closed your eyes. Ahh why is my head hurts so much. You said. Forget it, June. He didn't really care about you, nor even he could remember who are you. Who are you to him. You are nothing to him. Remember what he said to you a year ago. He didn't have any feeling for you. Thought yourself.

 

Someone's entered the room, its Teddy Park. "June", he called your name. He sat down right next to you, watching you resting your head backwards. He shook his head.

 

"Have you talk to him yet?" he asked. You did not answering, instead, pretending that you are sleeping. "June, you know that we have a project involving you and him working together.."

 

"I know", you finally said something.

 

"That's good, because he's out there already, about to enter this room", Teddy's final statement make you awake widely and stood up immediately when the studio's door is pushed in indiation someone entered the room. You send a glare to Teddy, you didn't expect this coming. Teddy smiled, "you need to see him".

 

"See who?"

 

Jiyong interfered the talk all of a sudden. Teddy and you turned to him. Teddy smiled and asked him to have a sit. Jiyong could just obey but his eyes stucked on you. He stared on you. "June?" he called your name. Your official name in this company is June Park. He did not recognise you. As expected. You nodded and immediately sit on the sofa.

 

"You look like someone I know", he whispered, but loud enough to make Teddy's heard him. Teddy Park chuckled, but awkwardly. She is someone you know. He thought.

 

The meeting started immediately. You could feel eyes watching you all of the time. It feels chilly inside the room. But you pretend that nothing happened. Until Teddy get up and excuse himself to washroom, and leave both of you alone, together, in the room. Teddy is just making excuses to leave both of you to talk atleast.

 

You sighed, "why?" You knew something bothering Jiyong about you right now.

 

"You looked like someone...", he answered. "...Jieun...", your blood rushed through all of your veins as you heard him calling the name, your real name. Your real name is Park Jieun. Your heart started to beat again after being frozen for a long time. He remembered your name. He still remembers your name.

 

You play along with him, "she looks like me?" with your cold smirk. 

 

"Very", he answered, in his serious tone, "except your style and personality, she's quite bubbly and bright, different from..."

 

"I don't ask exactly how different is she from me", you cut his word. Why? Because Jieun and you are the same person, except the fact that Jiyong hurts Jieun's heart, and here June's is, the result from the person you have hurt, you thought.

 

He came to silent after your words. It totally gave an impact to him. Both of you keep shut up until Teddy's came in and continued the meeting.

 

*****

 

You went to the rooftop at lunch. Your heart feels heavy. Tears started to accumulate on your eye sockets. But why? Why are you still not moving on? Why are you crying for him? You thought your heart already numb after a year, you thought you would not cry. But why now? And tears started to fall. You don't sob like a kid, but the tears rushed down your cheek quickly than you think.

 

Lee Chaerin, or you always called her CL, always told you the story about her and someone in YG, one of the YG's artist. You know it was him, Jiyong. The thought still running on your mind. You knew that Jiyong and Chaerin have something tied between them far before you and him broke up. The reason was 'third person'. You were the third person. Of course how would the third person can win in the game? You admitted you loss in the game. But you're not moving on yet. This little thing really bothering you too much that it changed your life.

 

Brrrr.... Brrrr....

 

Your phone vibrating. You pockets your cellphone and answered it immediately. It's CL. "June", her voice shuddering. You asked her why calling you now? Well, that's how you role, cold.

 

"I'll call you this night, I'm not in a good mood", you talked first when CL started to almost cried on the phone. You ended the call. You sighed. You wiped the tears left on your cheek. Why CL's crying? This might be because of Jiyong, he's the heartbreaker, indeed. But then, your heart ache a little, when you think about CL and Jiyong being together for all of this time. Stop dreaming June, you are just the extra actress, a third person.

 

*****

 

It's already time to go home. Sometimes you stayed overnight in the office, but today, you want to go home early. Your heart already ache too much today for what had happened. Your head almost burst thinking the thing you don't want to think about. You walked down the parking lot to your car.

 

About to put in the key, but all of a sudden it drops to the ground. Are you trying to make me mad? You complained.

 

"It's not her, but why do I feel like I have known her for quite a long time...", you heard familiar voice talking nearby. You stayed at your position, you are sure about the familiar voice. It must the familiar person. "...her scent, I remember her scent...", he continued. Are you talking about me? You questioned yourself. You know you feel the spicness when you eat a chilli.

 

You turned your head to see the figure. It's Jiyong, as expected, with Seungri.

 

"You're going home?'' Seungri asked, as he saw you. You nodded, and immediately entered your car. You saw Jiyong's looking at you from outside. His eyes telling something, but you didn't understand.