What is that!?

Short and Sweet: BangHim Oneshots

***A/N: This is horrible writing and I apologize...Just trying to get back in the swing of things... Don't forget to comment!***

 

Himchan could tell something was up. Yongguk and Zelo were quiet. Too quiet. Himchan knew that silence, when it involved those two, was not a good thing. Ever.

 

            “Gukkie?” Himchan called as he walked down the stairs and toward where he thought he heard whispers coming from the living room. “Zelo ah? What are you two doing?”

 

            “Nothing umma!”

 

            Such a quick response?

 

            Hm...

 

            “Yongguk, are you hiding something from me?”

 

            “No!”

 

            ...

 

            Yep.

 

            They’re definitely hiding something from him.

 

            “I’m coming into the living room and I swear-“

 

            He heard rustling and then Yongguk was grabbing him by the shoulders and steering him away from the living room. “Yongguk, what are you-“

 

            “Nothing. It’s a father-son thing, nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about-“

 

            “Do not play that card with me-“

 

            “Himchannie, please-“

 

            Himchan tore away from Yongguk, placing his hands on his hips. Yongguk had managed to steer him into the kitchen and away from the living room. “What are you hiding from me?”

 

            “It’s nothing-“ Yongguk tried, his eyes not meeting with Himchan’s.

 

            “It can’t be nothing if you are trying to keep me away from our son.”

 

            Yongguk was looking nervous and Himchan wanted to snap. “I’m not trying to keep you from Zelo-“

 

            “Oh really? Than why did you steer me away from my baby?”

 

            “No?”

 

            “Losing confidence are we?”

 

            “Uh...”

 

            There was a loud crash from upstairs and Himchan was bolting for the stairs. “Zelo!?”

 

            He was at Zelo’s door and was about ready to throw it open when Zelo cried out from inside. “No! Umma, I fine!”

 

            Himchan didn’t even bother listening to Zelo before he was practically ripping the door from its hinges.

 

            What he found inside...

 

            Was not what he was expecting.

 

            The small little table that stood at the end of Zelo’s bed was tipped over and his blankets were strewn across the floor and something... was wriggling its way across the floor. Zelo looked untouched, so there wasn’t an injury that Himchan needed to worry about. But Zelo was looking a little pale and tried to follow the movements of the wriggling blanket as if he were attempting to hide it from Himchan’s notice.

 

            “Zelo ah?”

 

            “Yes, umma?”

 

            “What’s that behind you?”

 

            “Nothing?”

 

            “Really, Zelo ah? You’re going to play this game with your all-knowing umma?”

 

            “Umma-“

 

            “What is that? Moving behind you?” Zelo rocked back and forth on his heels. “Come on then Zelo ah, tell umma.”

 

            Before Zelo could think of another answer, the wriggling thing shot out of the blankets and made a mad dash for the door. It managed to escape between Himchan’s legs before making a beeline for the stairs. Himchan whirled around in time to see Yongguk, who was standing at the top of the stairs, grabbed hold of it before its escape.

 

            Himchan stared at the thing for a while, slowing taking in that his son and husband had dragged a dog into his house.

 

            “What do you think you’re doing, bringing a dog into this house?”

 

            Yongguk knew that Himchan didn’t like dogs so why would he bring one into the house?

 

            “Himchan-“

 

            “Don’t you Himchan me.”

 

            “It was only a spur of the moment thing-“

 

            “Uh-huh.”

 

            “Himchan, come on, look at him! He’s too cute to leave on the side of the street!”

 

            Himchan looked at the dog in Yongguk’s arms. Himchan could admit that the thing was cute to some extent but-

 

            “Umma please?”

 

            Zelo was tugging at Himchan’s shirt, pleading at him with his eyes.

 

            “What-?”

 

            “Can we keep him?”

 

            “Zelo no-“

 

            “But why?” Zelo whined, showing his perfect puppy dog (ironic) eyes that had tears pricking at the corner.

 

            “Yeah Channie, why?”

 

            Now Yongguk was giving him those darn eyes.

 

            “I don’t know-“

 

            “Come on, Himchan! Getting a dog would be a good thing for Zelo at this age-“

 

            “But it’s a lot of responsibility-“

 

            “I’ll make sure you never have to lift a finger-“
 

            “How is that? When you’re not home-“

 

            “I already talked to Youngjae, he said he would be willing to help out when needed.”

 

            “So I’m not going to end up being the one who has to take care of it?”

 

            “No!” Yongguk and Zelo chimed together.

 

            “...”

 

            “...”

 

            Himchan looked at both of his boys and then at the puppy staring back at him with those big brown eyes. It was cute... And he couldn’t just kick the poor thing out...

 

            “Fine.”

 

            “YES!”

 

            Zelo threw his arms around his umma’s legs before skipping over to Yongguk and taking the puppy from his arms. “We’re going outside!”

 

            Yongguk was grinning as he walked over and took Himchan into his arms. “You are seriously the best.”

 

            Himchan managed a grin. “I know and you’re going to owe me so much for this.”

 

            “I know, I know.”

 

            Himchan gave a quick kiss to Yongguk’s lips before pulling away.

 

            “I really do love you.”

 

            “Love you too Yongguk.”

 

            Yongguk watched Himchan walk down the stairs before walking into the living room. Wait... Yongguk just remembered... Living room... Rain... Puppy... Mud... Oh no!
 

            “YONGGUK!”

 

            He’s so dead...