Fifth

Star-Crossed [discontinued]

After that accidental slip from his cold façade, Yi Fan does not show any more indication that he is starting to warm up to Seohyun, much to her utter disappointment. It’s like the smile never happened and was only a product of her imagination going amok. Too bad, she thought they’d pick up from there. His smile was beautiful but now, he looks like someone who is perpetually in a bad mood --- again, and living a much recluse life. Maybe this arrangement wasn’t just for Yi Fan but also a punishment for her. What did I ever do to deserve this?

When she received her acceptance letter from Yonsei, she did not foresee her college life to be this. An angel who despises her is at her tail constantly. She just wants to be a normal student with a normal life with normal friends. Hang out, party maybe, but no.

 

 

 

Seohyun’s eyelids are gonna give in to falling soon. The professor’s voice is as monotonous as a flatline. The urge to nap is strong and it does not help that last night they heard another round of shrieks and breaking of stuffs. She yawns while she shifts on her chair and she catches Yoona absentmindedly doodling on her pad, obviously bored as well. She leans in closer to say something when she sees Dong Hae’s name surrounded by heart doodles. She smiles. She knew it, these two. Just to tease Yoona, she clears and Yoona gets startled, instantly shoving the paper out of sight.

She gives her friend a knowing smile and “I saw that.”

Yoona groans while she blushes profusely. “Please, don’t tell anyone.”

Seohyun knows who Yoona meant by anyone. “Oh you mean Donghae?” Yoona’s face is beet red now.

“… uhm…” Yoona falters as she can’t escape Seohyun’s teasing stares.

“Oh c’mon, you’ll gonna be so cute get together.” If anything Seohyun finds the two really adorable.

Yoona blushes some more. “I don’t know. We’re friends, grew up together, like siblings.”

“You two look totally good together. He’d look like a lost puppy without you.”

“You think?” Yoona brightly looks up at her. Her smile sparks life to her eyes that is ignited by what Seohyun just said.

“Of course.”  She nods. Seohyun means every word.

“Just like how you and Yi Fan?” Yoona teases back. With the two of them always together Yoona seems to take a wrong impression.

“What?” She splutters.

Someone clears their throat and both girls jump a little because it is a warning from the Professor. Both bashfully bow a little to apologize.

She takes a last glance at Yoona’s smitten face and she knows she did something right. Although she has to talk to her friend later to clear things once and for all about her very wrong assumptions.

 

 

Seeing the way Yoona and Dong Hae cutely fight over the last piece of Kimbap during lunch makes Seohyun smile. She couldn’t find two more people that actually complement each other.

Sure, Dong Hae still whines a lot to Yoona about, well, basically everything. Seohyun can see right through him that it is his way to hoard Yoona’s attention. Seohyun sees a cute couple playfully bickering while Yi Fan frowns at how childish they seem to be.

 

 

 

 

Coming back from the supermarket, Yi Fan and her, passes by a kid standing in front of the door next to Seohyun’s. He looks tiny, maybe around 5 years old.

Seohyun looks at the kid who is staring at his feet. She looks at Yi Fan, who just shrugs. They enter hers and both are putting away the items procured, when both hear another ruckus next door. Seohyun breathes hard and turns on his heels. A tug grips on her arm and Yi Fan’s disapproving stare. She just brushes them off and goes out. Yi Fan follows shortly.

They see the kid on the verge of tears. Her heart throbs.

“Hey.” She said softly and advance towards the kid.

The kid kinds of panic and backs a few steps away. Seeing the kid’s reaction, she stops from going any further.

“Noona, won’t hurt you. I won’t come closer.” Yi Fan and her both stare at the kid. “Don’t cry. It’s ok.” “Want to come to noona? I have ice cream.” The kid just stares at her. “Ok. Next time you want ice cream come to noona, ok?”

She returns inside but she can’t help but cry a little. Yi fan stares with an unfathomable look.

 

 

 

Yi Fan still basks in the stunning view and tingling warmth of the sunrise with Joon Myun who visits every now and then. Sometimes he hopes Joon Myun would visit with news of his dismissal from this banishment. But no. just the typical happy and dandy Joon Myun. Maybe a war should break out, just so they’ll badly need him that they have to shorten his stay on earth.

 


 

a/n: the ruckus every night is from the couple next door fighting.  Sorry for not updating often. Short chapter is short.