A Familiar Face

Just Wait For Me {DROPPED}

The sun blazes in his face; He wakes up, realizing that he fell asleep on his desk, again. Yong Hwa opens his door, noticing no one’s up yet. “Aigoo…what time did I wake up?” He walks to the kitchen to check the time on the stove, it read ‘5:45 am’. Yong Hwa scratches his head. “What should I do?” He grabs his coat and goes outside.

Yong Hwa walks down the sidewalk, gaining some fresh air. To the left he sees a park and decides to go there. He walks up to the swings and sits down. He sways himself back and forth. Ahead he sees a woman walking with a cup of coffee in her hand. Her silky almond hair blows in the wind. Yong Hwa squints his eyes. “Hm? She looks vaguely familiar.” She turns a corner, no longer in sight. He shakes his head “Maybe…….I guess not.” He gets off the swing and walks back home.  

Once he opens the door Jong Hyun looks at him with wide open eyes. “Hyung! Where were you?!” Yong Hwa looks at him with a confused look. “I was outside for a bit, you know for fresh air?” Jong Hyun sighs in relief. “Hyung, don’t scare us like that.” Yong Hwa looks around and sees Jung Shin and Min Hyuk looking at him intently. “Why are you guys so worried?” Yong Hwa answers.

“Well…” Min Hyuk starts “It’s 6:15, and you’re not here”

“Ya..” He answered.

“Also, it’s a weekend and we always wake up around 11:00, Hyung” Jong Hyun said.

“Your point? I was just walking”

“We were” Jung shin stuttered “We thought you, were gone.”

“Huh? Why would you think that?”

“Well it isn’t like you. I also thought my song offended you. That’s all…” Jong Hyun replied.

Yong Hwa chuckles “Jong Hyun-ah your song is great! You guys made me worry for nothing!”

_____________________

He looks outside from the van, as they drive from rehearsal. On a billboard he sees a group of girls, 9 in exact. In the middle he sees a woman with silky almond hair. “Huh?” He says to himself. On the billboard in big letters it wrote “Girls Generation”.

I swear I saw the girl in the middle before” He told Min Hyuk. He laughs at Yong Hwa and says “Ya. In your dreams, Hyung.” Yong Hwa looks at him with a confused look.

____________________

Yong Hwa hops on his bed. “Why does she seem so familiar to me?” he closes his eyes, then a flash back starts to form in his head.

He looks up and sees a woman with the same silky almond hair that he saw before. She looks down at him. She asks if she can sit. He nods. As he sits she starts looking around; as if she’s lost. A smile starts to form on her face. She stands up and bows to Yong Hwa and runs to another girl.

Yong Hwa’s eyes open. “Woah!” He says “Was that her, the one on the billboard?” He walks out of his room and goes outside.

As he walks around he sees the girls with the silky almond hair, sitting on a bench. He rubs his eyes. “Now I’m hallucinating.” He tells himself. He starts walking to the bench “I’m going to sit down, then she’ll disappear” He says. As he sits down, the girl looks at him and chuckles to herself. He looks at the ground and kicks a rock. “Damn! I guess I wasn’t hallucinating” as he starts to stand up the girl says something.

“Jun gi yo (excuse me)” He looks back at her. She starts to cough “I- I have seen you on T.V” Yong Hwa nods his head. As he starts to leave, she then says “Also…do you, by any chance, remember me?”

His eyes widen “Was it when- was it when you asked me-“

“If I can sit on the bench with you?” She finished

He nods “How did you remember that?”

“Well, I was debuting around that time and I was really nervous. Anyone who helped me, I was grateful for. I know just asking if I could sit isn’t anything, but I knew you were famous and, well, I was glad you said yes.”

He sits down “You’re in a group called ‘Girls Generation’, right?” She nods. Then she gasps “Omo! I didn’t even introduce myself” She puts out her hand “Annyeonghaseyo (hello) my name is Seo Joo Hyun, my stage name is Seo Hyun.” He shakes her hand “My name is Jung Yong Hwa.”

Their hands stop shaking but they still hold each other’s hand. They look at each other and smile.