Chapter 4

Can It Be Love?

 

            Sungmin sighed softly as he started to wake up, nuzzling his face into the firm chest of the person next to him. He blinked his eyes open when he realized the familiar scent of his best friend extra close to him before he sat up, causing the other man to stir. “Mm… Min, don’t move…” he mumbled as he tightened his arms around Sungmin’s waist.

            “Yah, Kyuhyun… It’s Friday, we have school. You can sleep in tomorrow,” the older said as he patted Kyuhyun’s arm, a slight smile on his lips. “Let’s go.”

            Kyuhyun groaned as Sungmin pulled away, rolling over onto his stomach and burying his face in the pillow. “Hyung, can’t we just skip today?”

            “Why would you want to?” Sungmin asked confused as he grabbed clothes out of his dresser.

            Kyuhyun sat up and pulled his knees into his chest as he shrugged. “Just to spend some time together,” he said simply. “Don’t you miss hanging out with me, hyung?” He pouted as he looked up at the older who chuckled and rolled his eyes.

            “We live in the same room… What exactly am I missing?” he asked as he turned to stick his tongue out at the younger, starting to make his way toward the bathroom.

            Kyuhyun stood up from the bed and stepped in front of the bathroom door, blocking the older’s way. “We’re always studying or at classes and when we come back here, we go to sleep. I actually want to spend time with you – go out and do something.”

            Sungmin blinked at the seriousness in his friend’s voice. “Kyu, we have all weekend… Can’t you just wait one more day?” he asked as he reached past Kyuhyun to the doorknob to which the younger blocked him again and grabbed his hand.

            “Today. Please, Min?” Kyuhyun asked as he looked into the other’s eyes. Sungmin bit his lip, blushing slightly as he didn’t know why Kyuhyun wanted to be with him so badly today. He thought for a moment before sighing in defeat. “Fine, Kyu… Just let me shower?” he said as he finally pushed past the younger and into the bathroom. Kyuhyun just grinned and nodded, moving over to his own dresser to grab his clothes for the day and checking his wallet to make sure he had enough money for what he had planned today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Kangin arrived for his first class of the day, ready to listen to whatever would spew out of Sungmin’s mouth that day. But after a few minutes, the teacher arrived and started teaching the class and Sungmin still hadn’t showed up. It’s not like that kid to just not show up… Kangin thought to himself as he shook his head. He blinked. “Yah, what do I care…” he mumbled to himself.

            “What was that, Mr. Kim?” the teacher called out to him with a brow raised.

            “Uh, nothin’ Park seonsaeng-nim…” he said and waved his hand for the teacher to continue with the lesson, not that he would be paying attention anyway. All he could think about, for some silly reason, was where that little ball of energy could be that he would miss class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Hyuuung~ We should go to the amusement park, ne?” Kyuhyun said as he dragged Sungmin out of the dorm.

            The older chuckled quietly and nodded. “Ah, whatever you wanna do Kyu…” he said, not able to help but smile at Kyuhyun’s obvious excitement.

            Kyuhyun hummed and wrapped an arm around Sungmin’s shoulders as they walked, feeling happy to have the older boy all to himself without there being a chance of anyone—mainly Kangin—interfering. But of course, he still looked around them to make sure no one would see them and try to follow. Only until they completely exited the campus grounds did he relax, now able to focus on being happy with his hyung.

            They made their way to the train station that was located down the street from the university; luckily it was not crowded so they didn’t have any trouble finding anywhere to sit. Kyuhyun took Sungmin’s hand as the doors closed and the train started to move, a smile spread across his lips as he stared at the other. Sungmin chuckled and pulled his hand away as a blush crept up to his cheeks. “You’re so touchy today, Kyuhyunnie...” he noted softly while biting his lip.

            Kyuhyun just shrugged and patted the older boy’s knee. “Am I really?” he asked with an innocent tone in his voice before he slipped his arms around Sungmin’s waist to pull him closer. “Does it bother you, hyung?” He leaned down to nuzzle the other’s neck to which Sungmin blushed even more and tried to pull away.

            “K-Kyuhyun...not in front of all these people...” he whined as he tried to pry the younger male off of him. Kyuhyun sighed in defeat and let go of Sungmin, chuckling quietly as he stared at the smaller male. “So... What are you looking forward to the most at the amusement park?” Sungmin asked, trying to change the focus.

            Kyuhyun grinned like a kid and stretched his arms out before resting them behind his head as he leaned back in his seat. “The roller coasters of course! You know I love the thrill rides... What about you, hyung?” the younger asked as he glanced over at Sungmin.

            Sungmin just smiled and shrugged, “I don’t know. I generally like everything to do at amusement parks. I like the thrill rides, but I also like the little games too...” he nodded as his fingers fiddled with the hem of his cardigan.

           

            After about a half hour, the train finally came to a stop in front of the amusement park and Kyuhyun shot up out of his seat and grabbed his hyung’s hand to tug him outside and through the gates. “This will be great, Min. By the end of the day, you’ll be happy that you came along!” Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun’s smiling face and couldn’t help but smile a little himself and he let out a small chuckle.

            “Of course, Kyu. I know we’ll have fun... I just hope we’re not missing anything important...” he mumbled that last part quietly, though Kyuhyun didn’t seem to hear. “So what are we doing first?” he spoke up so that the younger could actually hear him, to which the latter shrugged.

            “Doesn’t matter to me. Although...” Kyuhyun started, looking at Sungmin with a sheepish grin on his face, “I think we should start out with a roller coaster or two... Do some thrill rides and then when we feel like we need a break, we’ll go play some games. Does that sound good to you?” he asked as he swung their arms a little between them.

            The older just nodded and squeezed Kyuhyun’s hand, “Sounds like a plan to me!” Sungmin giggled as they headed off toward their first ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            After his Calculus class, Kangin headed over to his locker, not in much of a hurry to get to his next period. As he neared it, he saw two figures standing in front of it and a smile formed on his lips. “Hey Geng, Yesung. Up to something?” he asked with a brow raised.

            The two guys looked at each other for a moment before shrugging, the taller one resting his hand on Kangin’s shoulder. “Don’t ya think we should get out of here?” he asked, an accent clear in his voice. Kangin just chuckled and shook the guy’s hand off his shoulder as he moved to open his locker and shove his book inside, keeping the door open as he contemplates what they might be doing next.

            “I dunno. That depends, did you have something in mind?”

            To this question, Yesung grinned and nodded. “Me and Geng hyung want to go to the amusement park and we thought we’d invite you along as well.” Kangin stood there for a moment in thought before shrugging and slamming his locker door shut.

            “Ah, what the hell. Let’s go then,” he said with a grin before moving to walk in front of the other two and out of the building toward the train station.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            After their fourth roller coaster, Sungmin grabbed onto Kyuhyun’s arm and whined, “Kyuhyunnie...can we go play a game now?” He looked up at the taller male with wide eyes while his lower lip jutted out slightly in a pout. Kyuhyun stared down at him and bit his lip, knowing that he couldn’t resist his hyung’s aegyo.

            “Of course, Min..” he chuckled as he reached down to ruffle Sungmin’s hair. Sungmin grinned widely and took Kyuhyun’s hand to lead him off toward a darts game.

            “I’m good at these!” the older exclaimed as he set down money on the table and took five darts from the young guy behind the table. And Sungmin wasn’t joking when he said he was good; he popped every single balloon he aimed for which earned him any prize that he wanted. Of course, being Sungmin, he chose a stuffed bunny. When the guy handed it to him, he smiled and turned back to face his friend. “Here, this is for you!” he said happily as he held the rabbit out toward Kyuhyun. The younger blushed a little and smiled, nodding once as he took the the stuffed animal.

            “Gomawo hyung... Are you sure you don’t want it though? I know you love bunnies...”

            “I’m sure! You know I have plenty of my own. But this one’s for you. So if we’re not around each other for some reason, you’ll still have your bunny hyung with you!”

            Kyuhyun grinned widely at the gesture and wrapped his arms around Sungmin tightly. “Thanks, hyung...” The older blushed at how long the hug was lasting but he didn’t want to upset Kyuhyun so he just let him hug him until he felt like letting go…which didn’t happen.

            “Kyuhyunnie..?” the boy said, patting the younger’s back. Finally, Kyuhyun pulled away but only for a moment before he crashed his lips against Sungmin’s. The older boy’s eyes widened and he brought his hands up to Kyuhyun’s chest to try and push him away. After he succeeded, he took a breath and stared at his best friend with a confused look on his face, the other starting to turn completely red in the face.

            “Sungmin-ah..” the younger cooed as he reached up to cup his cheeks. “Don’t pull away from me…jebal.” Sungmin didn’t know how to react so he just stayed still and let Kyuhyun kiss him again, his eyes closing after a few moments.

 

            Meanwhile, Kangin, Han Geng and Yesung were laughing as they got off a roller coaster when Geng noticed two familiar guys kissing in front of the dart games. “Hey check it out. They look familiar, don’t they?” he pointed out as he nudged both guys to look. Kangin looked up, the smile immediately wiped off his face as soon as he realized who he was looking at. He clenched his fist and turned away from the scene, his eyes closed as he grinded his teeth together. So that’s why he wasn’t there? He was here with this guy all damn day? He huffed and turned to walk off, his friends looking at him strangely.

            “Something wrong, Kangin?” Yesung asked as he ran to catch up to his friend.

            “Nothing at all…” he mumbled back. “We don’t need to be staring at those dorks anyway, let’s go do somethin’ else.” The two other guys just shrugged and followed along.

 

            When Kyuhyun finally pulled away from Sungmin’s lips, all Sungmin could do was just to stare up at the taller boy a little dazed. “I-I… Kyuhyun, why..?” he asked quietly as he swallowed the lump in his throat. This was his best friend. Why did that just happen? All he could do was wonder while he waited for an answer.

            The younger just sighed and cupped Sungmin’s cheek with a soft smile on his face. “Don’t tell me my feelings for you weren’t obvious, Min.” The other just blinked and started to blush.

            “I just thought…you were an extremely friendly person…” the smaller boy admitted to which Kyuhyun laughed.

            “I’m never like this toward other people, not even my other friends. Sure, you’re the closest friend I have but…I love you, Sungmin,” Kyuhyun confessed.

            Sungmin blinked and took a step back as he tried to clear his head. “I…I don’t know how I feel about this. Not that this is a bad thing! I just don’t know if I have feelings for you like that right now… But you’re still my best friend so that’s all that matters right now.” The older boy bit his lip and grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand. “I’ll definitely think about it though, alright? I do love you as my best friend so maybe there’s a chance it could grow…?” he kind of trailed off, but that was good enough for Kyuhyun.

            “Okay hyung. There’s no rush,” he said with a small smile and he placed a small peck on Sungmin’s cheek before lacing their fingers together. “How about we go play another game, ne?” Sungmin smiled and nodded and led the other boy off to another game he wanted to play.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            While waiting in line for the next roller coaster, Kangin found himself only able to think of Sungmin. He was jealous. He could deny it all he wanted, but that’s what he really felt. He was angry that the boy would skip seeing him to go be with Kyuhyun. But the more Kangin tried to deny his feelings, the more it seemed to make sense to him. “…”

 

 

Finally updated!! I'm super sorry you guys. Between prom and graduation and then parties and friends are all like SUMMER PLANNING and all my rps I just died ;; I promise to try not to let that happen again! Also, I think I'll be starting a HunHan fic soon o u o But we'll see \o/