Chapter 3

Without Those Facade

It was already two months after the start of classes and nothing has changed. Mizuki developed a crush for Ryeowook in silence knowing that with her mask, he will never fall for her. Jinri, who happened to be her bestfriend now and the only one who knows her true beauty, knows her feeling for the kingka as well.

A day wasn’t enough when Jinri discovered what is really behind the messy hair and thick glasses of her friend since she couldn’t stop admiring Mizuki. She complimented her nonstop as if she saw a popular celebrity.

 Well, if you’re going to Mizuki as well, the word beautiful to describe her will never be enough. She has this fair skin that can’t even be compared to a celebrity. Theirs is taken care by chemicals applied on their body but Mizuki’s flawless skin is natural. It’s not just milky white, it also has this tint of pink that makes it very attractive because it’s not pale. Her hair, if not tied in a bun, falls perfectly flaunting the curls near the ends. The wavy style of it is not messy to look at. Her face was those like of an ulzzang. She has this tall yet thin nose, with pink lips. Though it’s obvious in her eyes that she came from the Japanese race, its combination with the other parts is perfect.

Today, they were sitting on the cafeteria munching on the food Jinri’s mother prepared for the both of them. They were talking nonstop and Mizuki had to cry because of last night’s episode of a Korean series which they are both enthusiasts of when Super Junior passed by infront of them. Of course, their tails, the queenkas are just behind them also.

Jinri was holding back her laughter seeing her friend hid her smile and blush when it was Ryewook’s turn to walk infront of her. After making sure that the distance between them was enough, Mizuki can’t stop slapping her friends leg under the table. She can’t control her feelings. Seeing Ryeowook from a far was enough for Mizuki, what more if he passed by infront of her?

“Yah! That hurts you bipolar!” Jinri said slapping Mizuki’s hands away.

“Oopps. Sorry.” Mizuki stuck her tongue out and even Jinri, who’s a girl, can’t deny her cuteness even if she has her disguise on.

“Mizuki, why don’t you just show Ryeowook how you really look. For sure you’ll get him easily.”

“Nah. I want someone to love me for who I am.” Mizuki said dreamily as they both stare at the Super Junior who were table away from them.

Jinri pretended to choke on her food. “Duh! You should stop watching Koreanovelas now. Seriously Mizuki-ah? I don’t think that line is still alive nowadays. Especially for the Super Junior? Impossible.”

Mizuki sighed. Jinri has a point but it won’t make her give-up. What Jinri doesn’t know is that one of the reasons why Mizuki had a crush on him is she always notice Ryeowook looking at her always. Mizuki was never the assuming type of girl. But everytime she looks at him, Ryeowook was looking at her already. Like he was always staring at her.

She doesn’t want to think that Ryeowook has feelings for her too, but she can’t help it. Why would he always look at her? Is she too ugly? No. She hides her beauty but she doesn’t make herself miserable. Actually with her disguise, she still better looking than those average-looking girls.

Just like a while ago when Ryeowook passed by infront of her, Mizuki was sure of what she saw, he took a glance of her by secretly looking at the side but she noticed it. Which caused her to act like she inhaled some drugs again, literally. She acts so high everytime she see Ryeowook.

The school bell rang signaling that the classes will continue after lunch. Mizuki wiped and followed Jinri who’s already standing and waiting for her. When they were already at the door, she looked at Ryeowook for the last time and saw him staring at her again. Mizuki was sure he was staring at her because there’s no other people on the entrance and Jinri was already outside. Being ecstatic again, she jumped and jumped like a child and linked arms with Jinri who just laughed at her.