Chapter 2

Without Those Facade

The school bell echoed through the hallways synchronized by the excited squeals of the students who were already craving for the food waiting for them in the canteen.

Undecided whether she’ll go out or stay inside the classroom, she stayed on her seat and chose the latter.

“Hello!” A short girl beamed at Mizuki. “I’m Song Jinri.” She said reaching out for a handshake. They were only the ones left in the room since it was already lunch time.

“Hi. Im Mi-” Mizuki smiled as well taking her hand.

“Mizuki I know.” Jinri said excitedly which caused the other to laugh. “Are you going to eat or- OH MY !!!” Mizuki was about to ask her something but got so surprised when her eyes drifted to a keychain on Jinri’s bag.

“Is t-t-that.. is that  D.. D..”

“DBSK ? You’re a Cassiopea?” Jinri asked her smile turning into a wide grin.

“Oh my !!! Please say that again !!” Mizuki pleaded as her eyes twinkled.

They hugged each other as they jumped together not minding if they looked weird to those students passing by.  And just like that they became friends.

 

They walked hand in hand like they were already bestfriends for years chatting about their beloved boy group.

“I know right? I feel like my ovaries gonna explode everytime he sings!” Mizuki exaggeratedly said as she blushed at the thought. Jinri laughed but halted walking when they already entered the cafeteria.

Since Mizuki was ahead, she felt herself being pulled back when in truth; she can’t move forward being hand in hand with Jinri who was still frozen on the spot. Baffled, she waved a hand infront of her face. “Uhm.. excuse me.. are you still alive?” Mizuki asked.

When she didn’t get any response, she moved her head to the side where Jinri was looking and there stood the popular guys again.

“Who’s’ that ?” She asked getting the attention of her companion.

“Oh. They are Super Juniors. You know, they have super powers.” Jinri said blushing still looking at the group.

“Really? What are their powers then ?” Mizuki, looking very surprised ,asked Jinri which made her laugh. At first she thought Mizuki was just kidding also but when she was still looking at her asking for an answer she gave up. That was stupid, nobody has some superpower. She didn’t know Mizuki is very gullible.

“No. I’m just kidding. I don’t know why they call themselves that name either. Well, probably they have the power of getting all the girls here with just one wink. But you know, just a friendly tip, don’t fall for them because they are guarded.”

“Guarded?”

“Yeah. They are guarded by the Queenkas here.” Jinri said pointing to a table just opposite of the boy’s. It cannot be denied that the girls seated there are truly beautiful. And they are really guarding the boys in a sense that they glare at every girl who gets near their “possession” as how they call them.

“They can make perfect couples. Why don’t those boys court the queenkas?” Mizuki was now munching her burger.

“It is rumored that some of them are really in a really relationship. See that girl with doe eyes? Her name is Yoona. They said she’s dating Donghae. There, the second guy from the right.” Jinri said pointing slightly to whoever she was talking about so they won’t be noticed.

“Why don’t they show off? Are they not so proud?”

“I don’t know. Those guys are really play boy. Enjoying their lives with different girls every night.”

“Oohh” That was all Mizuki was able to say. She doesn’t want to be involved with such people. She looked at the boys from a far and studied each of them. With their looks, it could be possible that what Jinri said about them is true.

Until her eyes landed on a familiar guy, Ryeowook. The guy from their class a while ago. She doesn’t know why but she can’t take her eyes off him. As if there was always something about him that makes him so alluring.

Observing their circle of friends, Mizuki noticed that he was the most quite. He just laugh on the jokes but not as talkative as the other boys around him. She examined him for a moment, his eyes, skin, nose, lips, and yet even from afar, he was beautiful.

She was so absorbed studying the man when he suddenly looked at her and their eyes met for the second time.