Chapter 9

He's the One

 

♡♥♡

Chapter 9 - Feelings Revealed

♡♥♡

"So Kyuhyun accepted your apology already."

Sungmin nods as he lifts the tray of cookies. "Yes, seems like it. But he didn't say sorry to me," he tells Ryeowook who is his partner in baking class. Sungmin walks towards the big oven and puts the tray inside it. After closing it, he turns to Ryeowook and continues, "Although I think he did because I heard the words 'sorry' but I am not sure because he didn't say it to me directly. I also heard the words 'mad,' 'forget,' and 'feelings.'"

Ryeowook gathers all the baking tools and put it in the sink. "Maybe he was sorry for making you mad and he asked you to forget those mad feelings."

Sungmin shrugs. "Perhaps."

"Does that mean you're going to help me now?" Ryeowook asks shyly.

"Eh? Where? In washing the dishes?" Sungmin asks back. When Ryeowook shakes his head, he realizes that he is referring to other thing. "Ah, with Kyuhyun!"

"Wow, you're not calling him an 'Ice Monster' anymore," Ryeowook smiles.

"Well, he's still an Ice Monster, but I am open to give him a chance, because Donghae requested me to," Sungmin says. Ryeowook laughs maliciously. "What?"

"Donghae is an awesome guy, isn't he?" Ryeowook asks Sungmin. "He is an obedient son too."

"I can feel that Donghae is a good guy. He is handsome fellow too. He is funny even if he doesn't talk," Sungmin laughs on the thought of Donghae. "Why?"

"Do you like him?" Ryeowook asks again.

"Of course, I do. I like Donghae the way I like you. He's a good friend, I can tell. That Kyuhyun is very lucky to have him."

"How about... more than the kind of like that you have for me, I mean... like as in... attraction like?"

Sungmin chuckles and taps Ryeowook's shoulder. "You know, I have no time for love and the like, because seriously, I don't know if it will make me happy. So no. Besides, I have only known Donghae in just a short time."

Ryeowook pouts as he nods. "I see, I see. How about Kyuhyun, do you like him now?"

Sungmin sarcastically laughs. "No... maybe soon if he changes his attitude towards me."

○●○

Kyuhyun knows that the three guys are going to the ice cream parlor again. And he is now wrong about that.

His wound is not yet completely healed, but Manager Han already tells him that he can go back to work. As usual, he keeps himself busy to stop diverting his attention to Donghae who is obviously doing his best to gain points from Sungmin.

In all fairness to Kyuhyun, he does not feel extreme jealousy anymore. Maybe because he knows to himself that Donghae is their only connection to be close to Sungmin. He realizes that he actually has to thank Donghae for that.

"Your orders?" Kyuhyun attends to them. "The usual?"

"I'll have vanilla ice cream with strawberry syrup this time," Donghae says.

"You dislike strawberry, right?" Kyuhyun asks.

Donghae is startled at Kyuhyun's question so he looks at Sungmin who is staring back at him. He really does not like strawberry, but because Sungmin usually orders strawberry ice cream, he is willing to try it. "A-ah, Kyuhyun, you know how much I love strawberry, right?"

"No, I only learned about it today," Kyuhyun comments. He sees Donghae who is glaring at him but he just innocently shrugs. Then he turns to Ryeowook who is sitting beside Sungmin. "How about you, Ryeowook?"

Ryeowook blushes upon hearing his name. "U-uh, chocolate sundae with marshmallows," he shyly answers.

Why is he blushing? And why is he still shy? Sungmin's best friend is weird. He does not act like that with Donghae, but he always does with me. Seriously suspicious. "Okay," Then he finally turns to Sungmin. "Strawberry parfait for you again?"

"Yes! You're right," Sungmin agrees. "You're really paying attention to me, eh?"

Kyuhyun blushes but it fades away instantly as he looks away. "No, because you never ordered anything but that," he lies. He really does know that Sungmin likes strawberry and pumpkin. He had said so in an interview.

He was at a studio for a photo shoot when he came across a magazine where Sungmin was featured. He was a sophomore back then, and if he was not mistaken, that was the first and the last magazine where Sungmin was featured.

He asked the photographer for the magazine and the latter gave it to him as a gift. He remembered that back then, he was reading his interview every night after studying. And he couldn't help but to smile because he learned a lot of things about Sungmin through that interview.

And yesterday, he found the magazine again and read it for the nth time.

"Hey, Wook, you should stop acting shy in front of him, you know," Sungmin suggests as Kyuhyun leaves.

"If you want to be close to him, you should have confidence," says Donghae.

"Donghae, you knew?" asks Sungmin.

"Oops," Donghae covers his mouth. Then after he realizes that it is already too late to deny, he sighs and nods. "Yes, I do. I planned to help Ryeowook."

"Wow, that's good, at least I am not the only one who's going to be a cupid," says Sungmin. "What's in exchange?"

Donghae blushes. "Uh... actually it's-"

"There is nothing in exchange, Min, he just wanted to help me as a friend and Kyuhyun's best friend nothing more," Ryeowook answers defensively and laughs awkwardly.

Sungmin looks at both of them simultaneously before accepting the reason. "Alright, if you said so."

Their orders arrive. Kyuhyun carefully puts the plates and glasses on the table. "Anything else?"

Ryeowook shakes his head. While Donghae requests Kyuhyun to stay since there are no customers yet. He sees Ryeowook's anticipation in his answer. He doesn't know why though. He has a guess, but he must observe more.

"Sorry, but even though there are no customers, I still have no right to sit with customers and have a chitchat," Kyuhyun coldly replies. He secretly looks at Ryeowook and see the disappointment in his face. When their eyes meet, Ryeowook immediately looks away.

And so he confirms it and he knows that his guess is true - Ryeowook has crush on him.

♡♥♡

~HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOUR MOMS!~