Chapter 59

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 59 - Eyes Twinkling: Sungmin Got a Girlfriend?

♡♥♡

Another school year.

It is Hyukjae's first day in class. He looks so popular among everyone in Inhwan University. He obeyed Sungmin's recommendation and he became exactly how he really was - the rich Eunhyuk.

He alights his white limousine as he arrives at Inhwan University, his new school. He looks around to search for someone familiar, particularly Yesung who also attends the school.

Everyone immediately aims to become his friend. But no one can go near him because he is surrounded with twelve bodyguards.

When he doesn't find Yesung, he walks towards the gate and enters the school. "Wow, Inhwan University is bigger than I imagine."

He gets his map in his bag and looks at his schedule. He confirms the directions by searching for the building where third year high school students go. Usually, third year high school students have red ID's, so he decides to follow some third year high school students.

Then he sees two familiar faces. He waves at the two males and one of them hisses.

"Donghae, Kyuhyun!" He calls and runs towards them. Donghae rolls his eyes and Kyuhyun just maintains a pokerface. "Do you know where Class 3-4 is?"

Donghae chuckles as he hears Hyukjae. "I'm sorry," he coughs intentionally. This monkey is seriously in Class 4? I cannot believe how stupid he is. He then continues, "Well, you must go to the left, then right, then left again, then you'll see a staircase, go up, and when you reach the third floor, you would see a classroom and it is labeled as 3-4."

Hyukjae grins and puts his arm around Donghae who frowns at that action. He puts Hyukjae's arm away. "Thank you, Donghae! How about both of you? Aren't you going to class?"

"Nah," Donghae says. "We're going somewhere first."

"Alright then. See you there!" Hyukjae bids them goodbye before going to his classroom.

"I am surprised that you didn't give him wrong directions," Kyuhyun comments as he walks ahead of Donghae. Donghae catches up with his pace and walks beside him.

"Knowing that he's in Class 4 makes me happy," Donghae grins. "I didn't know he's an idiot."

"Transferees are usually enrolled in last section, but it doesn't mean he's stupid," Kyuhyun says. Donghae's jaw drops as he stops from walking.

"You should have told me earlier!" Donghae catches up again. "Ugh! He ."

He really does, Kyuhyun thinks. He is still bitter about the plant, Sungmin, and Hyukjae.

"The plant isn't worth passing anyway."

He stops and clenches his fists. Donghae stops too. "What is wrong?"

"Tell Manager Han that I'm not going to the ice cream parlor later," Kyuhyun suddenly decides. Donghae blinks twice to confirm if he hears it correctly. "I want to rest." The truth is I don't want to see Sungmin today or I might break my promise to his father if I do.

"Wow, you must be that tired. I never thought you'd be absent even for one day."

"Yeah, neither did I," he murmurs and continues walking.

○●○

"I feel so energetic today!" Sungmin exclaims as he sits on his seat. "I've never felt this energetic since the day I entered high school."

Ryeowook chuckles as he watches his friend. "Wow, what did you have for breakfast today?"

"Well, I ate three eggs, five slices of bacon, one cup of-"

"I was being not literal, silly," Ryeowook hits Sungmin's shoulder playfully. "But seriously, I've never seen you like this before, Min. To think that you spent the half of your vacation working at the ice cream parlor. I actually thought you'd quit."

Sungmin shrugs. "I don't know. I think, it won't matter anymore, because all my friends are there, working, you, Donghae and even Kyuhyun. Hyukjae and Yesung might also... oops, I forgot that Hyukjae is a rich guy and he doesn't need to work. Maybe he'd hangout as a customer, don't you think?"

"You're getting closer," Ryeowook says as he sits in front of Sungmin. "But you are too close."

"What do you mean?" Sungmin asks.

"Well, you just met each other almost a week ago," Ryeowook replies.

"Hyukjae isn't that hard to be friends with. He's cool, just like Donghae," Sungmin reasons out.

"Just like Donghae," Ryeowook repeats his last words. "I wonder..."

Sungmin raises his eyebrows. "You wonder what?"

"I know you have an idea that the two of them like you," Ryeowook starts. Sungmin sighs and looks away. "And you think that both of them are nice. Would one of them actually win your heart?"

Sungmin laughs awkwardly. "You know, I don't really pay attention to..." he trails off as Kyuhyun suddenly pops up inside his head. The moments when his heart beat fast, the moments when he felt his cheeks burning and the moments when he thought time stopped, they all flash back like a thunder. Maybe he does pay attention, but he would rather not pay attention because a lot would get affected.

"U-Uhm, excuse me..."

Sungmin and Ryeowook look at the girl in front of them. She is unfamiliar, and she looks like a freshman, based on the color of the ID she is wearing. "Yes? What can we do for you?"

"Mr. Lee Sungmin?" she looks at Sungmin. "I-I... I am Luna. I-I wonder if I can talk to you."

Sungmin's eyebrows meet. "Are you a freshman?'

She nods. 

In fairness, she's cute, Sungmin comments, remembering Sulli from her. "I guess?" He stands up. The girl walks towards the door and Sungmin follows her until she finally stops walking. "Hmm, Miss..."

"Mr. Lee, I gathered all my courage to talk to you," the girl turns to him. "Please date me!"

Sungmin blinks to confirm if he is hearing correctly. He opens his mouth, trying to say anything but it betrays him. He can't talk because he doesn't know what to say. Although he receives a lot of confession from people, it is never that personal and direct - asking him to become her boyfriend shocks him.

Luna looks down. "Lucy is diagnosed with cancer of the liver so I don't know when she's..." she starts crying. Sungmin finally speaks to comfort her.

"I-I'm sorry to hear that," he says, tapping her shoulder. "Why do you want me to be your boyfriend?"

"Because she likes you very much, Mr. Lee," she replies, now looking at Sungmin. Sungmin gets startled to see Luna crying in front of her. It's his first time to encounter such. "You saved her one time from goons, and she couldn't forget about you ever since! When we were in middle school, she vowed to herself that she would confess to you but a year before we reached high school," she pauses as she sobs louder, "and that happened... She knew that she wouldn't be able to fulfill that promise, so she told me that she would be happy if I get to date you. Please Mr. Lee! I am begging you!"

She tries to kneel down, but Sungmin stops her. "Don't kneel down, please. Where is she now?"

"She's currently in the hospital. She is undergoing rounds of chemotherapy right now. She stopped going to school a year ago," she narrates.

Sungmin sighs. If I agree, I would have the chance to help... I would also forget my feelings for Kyuhyun and hurt no one else. "Alright," he agrees.

○●○

"What!?" Ryeowook nearly spits his food when he hears Sungmin's story. "You already have a girlfriend!?"

"She confessed to me," Sungmin says as he sips his drink. He didn't tell him it's because of her sister's wish because he didn't want others to know that he would date her because of obligation. "And I think she's cute so... I told her that I would love to be her boyfriend."

"I thought you don't pay attention to love or affection or whatnot?" Ryeowook shakes his head.

"Yeah, I said that, but it doesn't mean I can't date someone just because I don't pay attention to those," Sungmin explains. "I am going to date her not because of love. But if it blossoms, then... good for us."

"I still can't believe it, Sungmin," Ryeowook sighs simultaneously. "How would Donghae and Hyukjae feel?"

"I don't think it would be a problem to both of them."

○●○

Donghae has his jaw dropped for about a minute already, and Hyukjae is staring far away.

"I was also surprised like you, guys," Ryeowook admits. He wipes the glasses and puts it on the table. "He said she confessed to him and he liked her-"

"How can he like her!? They just met!" Donghae protests as he finally snaps out of his shock.

"Maybe Sungmin doesn't want to turn her down," Ryeowook reasons out.

Hyukjae sighs heavily. "I don't know what to do anymore! Maybe Sungmin isn't really into guys!"

"Of course he isn't!" Donghae yells at Hyukjae. Well, he might be, but not into you. I won't let you! he thinks. He then turns to Ryeowook. "Where is he now?"

"He says he's going out on a date with her," Ryeowook replies. "I already told Manager Han that he's going to be absent today. Wait, where's Kyuhyun?"

"He says he's also going to rest. He's absent for today," Donghae answers. Ryeowook sighs as well. "Don't worry, Ryeowook. Maybe he needs to go somewhere or he needs to rest."

Ryeowook smiles. "Don't worry, Donghae, it's alright. You don't need to do that."

"Uhm just a question, are you and Kyuhyun dating?" Hyukjae suddenly asks Ryeowook who blushes.

"W-We're not like that," Ryeowook shyly denies. "We're just friends..."

Hyukjae chuckles. "Eh, you don't need to be defensive. I was just-"

"Hi everyone!" says someone familiar to all of them. Hyukjae and Donghae smile as they hear Sungmin's voice, but frown in an instant when they see him with his new girlfriend. "Did you miss me?"

"I thought you're not coming?" Ryeowook asks Sungmin. "And hello again, we see each other again."

The girl bows in greeting.

"This is Luna, everyone," Sungmin introduces. "She is my girlfriend now, so take care of her from now on."

Donghae narrows his eyes and Hyukjae looks at Sungmin like he loses a million-dollar bet. They want to admit that Luna is pretty and cute, and that she is really deserving to be Sungmin's girlfriend.

"Oh yeah, where is Kyuhyun?" Sungmin asks when he notices that Kyuhyun isn't anywhere. He looks around but he sees no sign of Kyuhyun. "Is he delivering something?"

"No," Ryeowook answers for the other two. "He's absent."

Sungmin laughs. "Kyuhyun is absent!? How?"

"We don't know why, but he said he didn't want to go to work today," Donghae explains. "Are you staying here?"

"No, not really. I just want to introduce her to all of you. We'll be going in a few while after eating our dessert here," Sungmin grins at everyone. Then she looks at Luna, "What do you want to eat?"

Luna looks back at him. "Anything. Your choice."

Unbelievably, Donghae remains calm while Hyukjae is tense. Sungmin waves as he leads Luna to the table.

"She's cute, and I don't think I'll win over her! My Sungmin!" Hyukjae rants. Donghae, meanwhile smirks secretly, but that does not remain a secret to Ryeowook who sees it. Hyukjae then stands up and leaves the ice cream parlor.

Ryeowook nudges Donghae. "Hey, why are you smirking?"

"Because the monkey admits that he doesn't have any hope for Sungmin anymore, so, less competition!" Donghae laughs. "I honestly don't think Luna likes Sungmin and vice versa."

Ryeowook furrows his eyebrows. "Why?"

"Just because," Donghae pauses and looks at Luna. "Just because her eyes didn't twinkle when she looked at Sungmin."

***

After having their dessert at the ice cream parlor, they go ahead and leave the ice cream parlor. They decide to have a stroll in the plaza to kill time.

"Can we visit your sister?" Sungmin asks. "I mean in the hospital, so that I can say hi to her."

Luna smiles shyly. "Of course, but she might not be awake. She had chemotherapy this afternoon, so she might be too tired."

"I just want to see her, just to know if you look alike," Sungmin smiles at her. "I want to know if she's pretty, because you're pretty."

Luna blushes at that remark. She looks away, shyly hitting Sungmin's arm. "Oppa! You're such a joker!"

"I was not kidding, Luna. You are prettier. Maybe, you would be prettier if you're going out with someone you really like," Sungmin comments. "Tell me, are you liking someone else?"

Luna stops from walking. Sungmin stops as well, waiting for Luna to say something. Luna bows, "Well, I am. But I don't think he'll ever notice me because he is pretty popular."

"Hmm, do I know him?" Sungmin asks further.

Luna thinks twice before answering Sungmin's question. She ends up slowly nodding her head in reply. Sungmin smiles and looks around as he waits for Luna's answer. "I want to be honest with you, Oppa. So I am saying this to you. I like-"

"Oh, it's Kyuhyun!"

Luna gets startled when Sungmin mentions Kyuhyun's name. "How did-" She looks at Sungmin, but the latter is staring somewhere else, so she turns to where Sungmin is looking at. "I-It's..."

"Come with me," Sungmin pulls Luna's wrist as he tags her along to approach Kyuhyun. Luna doesn't have a choice but to come with Sungmin. "Kyuhyun!" He calls Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun does not stop from walking. "Cho Kyuhyun!"

Kyuhyun stops from walking and he turns to Sungmin.

"Finally, you stopped," Sungmin grins and hits Kyuhyun who in turn glares at him. Sungmin awkwardly laughs. "Wow, it's been a while since I saw that-"

"What do you want?" Kyuhyun asks calmly, trying to keep his annoyance as he sees Sungmin.

"Why are you absent?" Sungmin asks. "It's not like you-"

"Why do you have to bother anyway," Kyuhyun says bitterly, looking away. "You don't need to meddle with my business, since you don't care."

Sungmin feels awkward and embarrassed, but he shrugs it off. He recovers  easily, trying not to be affected because Luna is there. His ego is still there - he doesn't want to get embarrassed in front of women. He then looks at Luna who is staring at Kyuhyun intently. He feels a little weird when he sees that. There is something that suddenly bothers him, but he can't put what that is. He decides to set that feeling aside and introduces Luna. "I would like to introduce you to my girlfriend, Luna. Luna, this is Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun, this is-"

"Funny," Kyuhyun snorts. "You got a girlfriend in first day of school. Are you really that desperate, Sungmin? Why does everyone like you anyway?"

Sungmin gets shocked at that statement. "What's your problem!?" Sungmin finally bursts and pushes Kyuhyun. "I don't know why you are like this!"

"Because I don't want to see you, get that?" Kyuhyun's tone gets colder and his voice gets louder. "I don't want to see you right now, yet you keep on showing up."

"I don't know what your problem is, and I don't know what I did to you. But I tried to understand you, even if I can't! Why do you need to be like this to me now that my girlfriend is here?" Sungmin confronts, but Kyuhyun remains composed.

"Exactly. You don't know what you did," Kyuhyun's voice finally gets softer. "And you won't have any idea at all."

"How can I have an idea if you don't tell it to me?" Sungmin asks, his voice still is high and loud.

"U-Uhm, y-you don't need to fight," Luna finally interjects.

Kyuhyun sighs. "I don't have anything to do here," Kyuhyun turns to Luna. "I am sorry if you are caught in between, Luna. If you'll excuse me." Kyuhyun finally leaves.

Sungmin gasps. "He wasn't usually like that. Before he was, but lately, he stops being cold, thent now he is again, I am sorry, Lu-"

Sungmin cuts his statement as he sees Luna, still staring at Kyuhyun's back as he leaves. There is an awkward silence, and Luna's eyes twinkle.

♡♥♡

《Surprised? Haha. Anyway, the first real(?) kiss will finally happen in the next few chapters... Guess what chapter? HAHAHA》