Chapter 61

He's the One

A/N: This is the last chapter of He's The One. I promised to make this a 100-chaptered fic, right? But then, I decided not to continue this fic anymore and make the this chapter the last one. Thank you for all your comments, subscriptions and upvotes, I really appreciated it. And because it is the first KyuMin novel that I wrote and I finished, this is very special to me. Goodbye and see you again next time.

♡♥♡

Chapter 61 - Who's the Winner?

♡♥♡

Luna's confession hit him hard.

He didn't know how to react, so he just laughed awkwardly. Luna looked at him curiously, waiting for his response or even encouragement, but the woman didn't receive any. Sungmin just mouthed the word, 'oh,' as an acknowledgement of Luna's feelings for Kyuhyun, but he wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do.

Apparently, Luna asked him to push her and Kyuhyun together.

But he knew he could not do it.

That was the time when Kyuhyun just arrived with their orders. Sungmin sighed, because he was saved by Kyuhyun.

"Let us break up, Luna, let us not play this anymore," Sungmin suddenly speaks. "I know that Lucy won't mind."

"What's wrong?" Luna asks.

Currently, the two of them are walking on their way to the hospital to visit Lucy. Luna keeps on narrating her story about liking Kyuhyun, and it feels exactly the same as Ryeowook's story - that Luna saw Kyuhyun in the magazine, fell in love with him, then that was it.

"It is nothing, I just thought we needed to stop this," Sungmin replies and smiles. "I just wonder, why did you accept your sister's wish, if you are in love with Kyuhyun?"

Luna looks away. "I don't know, maybe because I want to be close to him?"

"You're using me?" Sungmin straightforwardly asks. He doesn't like sugar-coating, and he knows exactly what Luna thinks. No, he is not angry at her. He is used to become a bridge.

"Sorry oppa," Luna apologizes. "I knew you were close to Kyuhyun so... I didn't want to tag it as 'using' but rather 'seeking help.' Does it sound similar?"

Sungmin does not reply. "If anything, I can't help you. Because I am helping someone else and because you are my girlfriend."

"I know that," Luna holds Sungmin's arm, that gesture makes Sungmin stop, and Luna stops walking to face Sungmin who in turn does the same. "I know that Ryeowook likes Kyuhyun too, and that is the exact reason why you can't help me. But have you considered the person Kyuhyun loves? Have you thought about that person's effect on Ryeowook?"

Sungmin blinks one time then he looks away. "I... I don't. And even if I do, I still won't let Ryeowook get hurt."

There is silence afterwards. Then Luna cuts it. "To be honest, I've considered that for a very long time, and unless he says the name directly to me, I won't give up on him. Maybe that is what Ryeowook is feeling right now. Maybe he just needs a name."

I also need a name, he wants to speak, but he can't, so Sungmin just keeps it in. "I believe Kyuhyun has something for Ryeowook and-"

"Is that what you think?" Luna asks once more. "Be honest, oppa. If you don't want Ryeowook to get hurt, better tell him what you really feel."

Sungmin's eyebrows meet. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You know exactly what I am talking about." Luna says. "But don't think that I am rooting for you. This is a friendly competition between you, me and Ryeowook. Whoever Kyuhyun likes, that person is the winner, and if that person is not among us, we are all losers then." Luna walks ahead of Sungmin.

Sungmin just stands where he is, letting Luna go ahead of him.

○●○

"Not that I am looking for him, but Hyukjae isn't going here anymore," Donghae says to Kyuhyun. "Ever since Sungmin's got a girlfriend."

"You are unbelievably calm about this," Kyuhyun notices. "You are not angry about Sungmin having a girlfriend?"

"No," Donghae confidently says. "I don't think he's in love with her, and I don't think she's in love with him. There is something fishy."

Kyuhyun falls into a deep thought. When he met Luna, he didn't become jealous. He was just mad at Sungmin and that was it. And he, knowing Sungmin, the latter would not enter a relationship first because he wasn't interested in love, second, Sungmin had pride and he was the type of guy who would enter a relationship because of the need, not of the want. There has to be a reason.

"Hi," Sungmin lively greets everyone. "I will work today."

"Where is Luna?" Ryeowook, who just comes in, asks.

"We broke up," he replies, putting his bag aside. "What's my task today?"

"Oh my gosh! You did! Is it because of me? I'm sorry for that, but, I am happy that you broke up!" Ryeowook says.

"You broke up!?" Hyukjae, out of the blue, appears, to Donghae's surprise - and annoyance. "Oh my gosh I am so happy!"

"Stop being so inconsiderate!" Donghae scolds him, and the monkey-looking guy pouts. "Sungmin must have a bad break-up or something-"

"Nothing like that," Sungmin laughs. "Luna and I came to a closure. To be honest, we dated because of her sister. She wanted me to date Luna, and because she is gravely ill, I thought I needed to help her in any way I can. But Luna is in love with someone else, and I don't want her to suffer."

"That is good to hear," Kyuhyun comments.

"Kyuhyun," Sungmin calls him. "I need to talk to you about something."

Kyuhyun smiles. "I think I need that."

○●○

"Sungmin oppa I am glad you-"

Luna stops as he sees Kyuhyun in front of her. Kyuhyun asks if he can come in, she nods as a reply.

Lucy is sleeping well when Kyuhyun arrives. Luna does not know what to do, now that Kyuhyun is there. "I-I didn't know you know."

Kyuhyun walks and approaches her sister. "Sungmin's right. She looks like you."

"We'll not be twins if we do not look the same," Luna chuckles.

Kyuhyun looks at Luna. "In case you are wondering, I overheard you. And Sungmin talked to m"

Luna blushes. "E-everything?"

"Well, sort of," Kyuhyun smiles then turns back to Luna's sister. "How long?"

Luna turns gloomy. "The doctor said she's-"

"I was not talking about her, I was talking about you," Kyuhyun corrects Luna who just looks at him. "How long have you been in love with me?"

Luna's jaw drops. "I-I don't know what-"

"Don't get me wrong. Don't blame Sungmin for this," Kyuhyun tells Luna. "I overheard you and Ryeowook yesterday. Sungmin talked to me about that after."

Luna walks beside Kyuhyun and watches her sister as well. "Well now you know, I will tell you. My sister liked magazines, teen magazines that feature flower boys. She had grown obsession with them, and I even scolded her about that. But I ended up looking at one magazine and I saw you. I became fond of you then..."

"Fond of me, that's what you feel about me," Kyuhyun says as he looks at Luna. "You know, 'being fond of' is different from 'being in love with.' You like me, just because you saw me in the magazine. You're too young, Luna. Too young to experience such kind of thing.

"I became fond of someone too when I was young," Kyuhyun continues. "I thought it was love, but as I grew up and as I watched that person, I realized that I couldn't just love him from afar. I even thought that what I felt about him was fake, that I was just grateful to him that because of him, I regained my smile. But then, it was just like that. I didn't know him - I just based my knowledge about him in the magazine that I once read about him. I realized, when I became a high school student, that I was just too young back then. There were what-ifs. What if I was just fond of him? What if I was just focused in the past. What if I become a part of his present? Would something happen? Then I decided to make a move. Even if he hated me, I got to know him better, what he was, what he liked to become, what he disliked and whatnot. That was when I thought, 'yeah, now I know that I am really in love with him,' that I wanted to show him, even secretly, that I loved him, even if I saw his bad sides, I didn't care."

Luna does not speak. Kyuhyun speaks once more.

"Luna, you're young. You're yet to understand what love is, if you find someone you would really care about. And I know it is not me. I am honored, honestly, because you like me, but I believe that even if it's that the case now, you would still find somebody who you would really care about and love unconditionally," Kyuhyun said.

Luna smiled. "Maybe you are right, Kyuhyun oppa."

There is silence between them.

"Say, do I know this person? I have a guess, and I think it's right," Luna says. "Sungmin?"

"What about me?" Sungmin suddenly pops-out out of nowhere. "Luna?"

"Nothing," Luna grins at Sungmin who in turn pouts. Kyuhyun just looks away. "Kyuhyun oppa just shared something about his past that was worth sharing."

"Ugh, too bad I wasn't there," Sungmin crosses his arms.

"Anyway, I will go the nurse's office to get something. Please look after my sister for me?" Luna requests, but she does not wait for a response. She just leaves both of them.

When Luna closes the door, Sungmin asks, "What did you talk about?"

Kyuhyun grins. "It's a secret."

"I hate you," Sungmin declares, but he laughs afterwards. "Lucy has to be strong. Luna loves her very much."

"I know she would get well," Kyuhyun says. "Let us visit her everyday then."

○●○

Time passed just like that. Lucy underwent more chemotherapy sessions after that, and Luna was currently taking care of her sister. She already accepted her defeat and vowd to just dedicate her time for her sister, regardless if she could fulfill her wish or not. Sungmin and Luna also told her about their broke up, and she said that as long as her sister was happy, she would also be happy.

It is almost autumn and Sungmin's classes are becoming lesser and lesser. The number of school days is also decreasing, yet Sungmin is doing his same habit again.

Being late.

He has been late for six times already for the month of September, and only one tardiness, he would be called for disciplinary action - that is, detention.

It is the end of September, and it is the last day that would make or break his record of tardiness. He wakes up earlier in the morning and prepares to go to school earlier as well. He is happily walking to school when someone bumps him, holding a woman's purse.

He almost falls, and he immediately looks at the person who bumped him. He glares at him, but the latter continues to run away.

"Get him! He stole a purse!" the police officer says. Sungmin smirks and clenches his fist as he runs after that person who got something away from his victim.

"You're not going to escape from me!" Sungmin exclaims as he runs after the burglar. "But wait, am I late?" He looks at the watch. It is already six thirty in the morning. School is at seven. More time to chase after that person. "No, I am not! It will only take five minutes!"

And he successfull does so. He pins the thief on the ground and gets the purse. He is surprised that the thief looks younger than him.

"Wow, you're a minor?" The thief attempts to escape, but he isn't able to. When the cops arrive, he turns him over to the police. He is invited for interrogation, and he looks at his watch again. "Hmm, alright. This will only take ten minutes, right?" He asks the cops, and they nod.

But it takes fifteen minutes.

Sungmin becomes a little hot-headed when he looks at his watch. It is already six-fifty in the morning. The school is just a ten minute walk from the police station. If he runs, he would be there at six-fifty-five.

The cops finally releases him and he immediately stands and takes his bag. "Thanks for the time, we thought that you were an accomplice," one of the officer says. Sungmin doesn't listen anymore, so he prepares to leave. But the cop continues anyway, "That Cho Jino has been taken care of by our-"

Sungmin freezes at that name. He turns to the police officer. "C-Cho Jino?"

The cop nods, "Yes, Cho Jino. He-"

He doesn't give a crap anymore about the detention and the tardiness. The thing right now is that...

...he has found him. Hope he's the real one.

"Tell me where I can find him! I need to talk to him!" he exclaims. I've found him, Kyuhyun. I hope.

♡♥♡

《C-2. I caught you, right? APRIL FOOLS! (Belated). OF COURSE THIS IS NOT THE END. HAHAHA I promised you a kiss, I will give you a kiss and this fic will not end without one. I received comments that this fic goes around in circles or some chapters become 'fillers' just complete the 100-chapter fic. To be honest, I thought that it was sort of true. I sometimes feel that this fic is too long and it can be made shorter. A lot of adjustments has been made even before I started writing the latter chapters so that I can satisfy all of you, and as I mentioned earlier, even if this fic has long been planned, I still made some adjustments and changes. Also, I know you guys want me to make Kyuhyun and Sungmin end up together as early as possible. Part of me wants to consider your suggestions, part of me wants to give in to your requests. However, I would like to be stubborn. As the author of this fic, I would like to continue what I already started and as much as possible, I would write this my way. This may seem long to you, but to me, this is not, because a lot of things would happen in the next 40 chapters. About Kyuhyun and Sungmin, I believe that their love story is a long process and is not meant to be hurried. It might be painful and sometimes annoying, especially because THEY OBVIOUSLY LOVE EACH OTHER NOW BUT CAN'T DO FREELY BECAUSE OF CERTAIN FACTORS, but this is want to write their love story, as my interpretation of their current 'love story'. Another reason is that, personally, I don't like making them together that easily because I tend to get bored and lazy writing their after-story, so most probably, I would end up totally giving up on writing this and leave you hanging. But let me tell you this - even if I decide to continue what I started, don't worry, I would try to make this fic more enjoyable to read. Thank you again for reading and being with me until now. P.S. I WILL REMOVE THE "COMPLETE" SIGN TOMORROW EVENING ONCE I GET HOME. HAHA