Chapter 46

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 46 -  Try Me!

♡♥♡

Sungmin is excited go out of the plane and leave Kyuhyun who keeps on teasing him. But he is in a foreign country. He cannot speak English that well, aside from those hi-hello-I'm-fine-thank-you-and-you lines. Not that he is totally blank about English. He can understand English but it has to be slow or else he's going to be lost.

He sighs. Kyuhyun notices it. "What is wrong? Are you feeling dizzy?"

"Did you book hotel rooms for us?" He asks. He remembers that he has nowhere to stay yet. But of course, he thinks that Kyuhyun would at least book a hotel room for them. "I forgot to check."

"I booked a hotel for myself, I don't know about you," Kyuhyun answers, looking away at Sungmin  who is obviously not happy about his answer. "You can use your credit card to book a hotel for yourself."

"I seriously hate you!" Sungmin hisses and crosses his arms over his chest. "This is all your fault. You asked me to accompany you here! Now, this is what I get?" Kyuhyun laughs hearitly. Sungmin eyes him. "What!?"

"I am just joking. I booked a room for both of us. But then, it is too expensive, and I don't think I can afford it with all the cash that I have so you don't have a choice. You're going to stay with me in one room," Kyuhyun says as he stops laughing.

Sungmin blushes. "! No way!" He yells. "I'd rather spend nights on the street than room with you."

"Okay," Kyuhyun smirks. "Why don't you use your credit card to book a room for yourself?"

"Of course!" Sungmin claps and grins. "I can use this credit card to book a room! And I think, we don't need to be together in one room! When we go down the plane, we would separate ways, then we would just meet after three days. Why did I not think of that earlier?"

Kyuhyun smiles. "I bet you can't even last for minutes without me.

"Oh yeah? Try me!" Sungmin dares. "I have a credit card. I also have cash in my wallet right now." The truth is, I don't have any cash in my wallet right now. Maybe two thousand won? He coughs intentionally. "What I am saying is I can do things on my own. Once we get out of the plane, we're strangers. Alright?"

Kyuhyun shrugs his shoulders and gives Sungmin a mocking laugh. "Okay, if you say so."

The operator tells them that they can already exit the plane. Sungmin gets his luggage and walks ahead of Kyuhyun who just follows him until Sungmin exits the terminal.

Outside is crowded because it is peak season for international tourists during that time. Sungmin feels a little awkward as he looks around. He feels lost. He secretly looks around to search for Kyuhyun who is nowhere behind him.

"Where the hell is he?" Sungmin asks himself as he pulls his luggage towards the taxi stand near the terminal. ". I don't know where I am going! Why didn't I bring a map? Aish, fine, whatever," he whispers to himself and approaches as taxi.

"Sir, are you going to ride a taxi?" A security guard taps his shoulder as asks in English. "The line ends there," he points to the end of the line. "Others are waiting for a taxi too so please fall in line."

Sungmin realizes that there are passengers behind him who are waiting for a cab. Some are looking at him angirly. He just bows as an apology as he falls in line. "Damn. What to do? Where is that Kyuhyun?" He searches around again. No signs of Kyuhyun. He must have left already. I can't believe that he didn't even stop me from going alone! He even promised my parents that he would take care of me! But where is he!? Ugh, I hate that stupid guy. "I can't believe I have a crush on him."

It is finally his turn to ride the taxi. The guard assists to open the back door for him so that he can put his luggage, then the guard also opens the door for him. He enters the cab.

"Where would be our destination, Sir?" the driver asks. Sungmin fails to catch it at first, so he asks him to repeat it. "Hotel? House? Address?"

"O-Oh, ah," Sungmin scratches the back of his head. "I... I don't know?"

"Sir, do you have an itinerary?" He asks again. "Paper?"

Sungmin sighs. His heart is really beating so fast. He gets nervous. "I don't know!" He answers, confused. "I'll just-"

Someone opens the door and sits beside Sungmin. Sungmin gets shocked to see Kyuhyun closing the door of the cab. He speaks in English, "To this hotel please." He shows a paper to the driver.

"Sir, I already have a passenger," the taxi driver says, referring to Sungmin. "Are you together?"

"Yes, we are together," Kyuhyun answers again. Sungmin just stares at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun stares back at him. "We are together."

The driver smiles and gives the paper back to Kyuhyun. "Okay! Goodluck to both of you! Wishing you the best!" He starts driving.

Kyuhyun nods. "Thank you! Don't worry, we'll last long."

Sungmin just looks simultaneously to Kyuhyun then to the driver. He can barely understand anything. He knows every word, but he doesn't know what it means when the words are combined. Then five minutes has passed. Sungmin is just quiet. Kyuhyun is also quiet while looking outside the window.

"What are you doing!? I thought you left already!" Sungmin finally recovers and talks to Kyuhyun. "I told you, I am okay!"

Kyuhyun chuckles. "Really? I was watching you the whole time and you were confused for the past ten minutes! I told you, you couldn't last without me!"

"You conceited little jerk," Sungmin hits Kyuhyun's arm. "I thought you have just left me! I was really nervous! I thought I would not be able to breathe because I didn't know where I was going!"

Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin while smirking. "Then, you finally admit it. You can't stay here without me."

Sungmin shakes his head. "Where were you the whole time?" Sungmin asks. "I was not able to see you!"

"It's a secret. I am a ninja," Kyuhyun answers and looks outside the window again. "And besides... I won't leave you. I promised to your parents that I would take care of you."

Sheesh. You are only doing this to me because you kept a promise to my parents. "This is against your own will, isn't it? You really want to leave me alone here to make me suffer. That was your original plan."

"No," he replies softly. "I personally want to take care of you."

Sungmin's face flushes with red as he hears that from Kyuhyun. He just looks away as he tries to calm himself. Why is this person saying cheesy things again? It always makes me blush and I hate it. "I don't want to hear that from you."

"What?" Kyuhyun turns to Sungmin. "You don't want me to tell you that what I am doing right now is not against my will?"

Sungmin sighs and turns to Kyuhyun too. "What I am saying is... you don't need to lie to me now you're not in front of my parents. I know you hate me so much that you are taking this as a revenge and-"

"Can you please stop?" Kyuhyun asks emphatically. "You know, Sungmin, I mean everything that I am telling you right now. I want to take care of you because you're... you're special."

Sungmin blushes again. He closes his eyes tightly and lets out of a deep breath. "Stop with that word! I don't want to hear that word from you ever again."

"Why? I am saying this because you're really special and you're my-"

"Because you are making me blush everytime you say such things to me!" Sungmin covers his mouth. He slips. He bets Kyuhyun would make fun of him, endlessly and laugh at him. " this," Sungmin curses as he hears nothing from Kyuhyun, except that he is slowly smiling. "Can you stop!? All I was saying was-"

"You have a crush on me," Kyuhyun smirks. "Lee Sungmin pretends to hate me but he has a crush on me."

"It's not like that!" Sungmin hits his forehead so hard. "What I was saying was-"

"That you have a crush on me," Kyuhyun insists as he finally chuckles loudly. "The great Lee Sungmin who hates me has a crush on me."

Sungmin gets irritated and he opens the taxi door and prepares to jump out the cab. The driver tells him to close the door because it is too dangerous, since they are moving and that Sungmin can go out  once the car stops.

"You don't have to be defensive, Lee Sungmin," Kyuhyun teases again as Sungmin closes the door.

Sungmin glares at Kyuhyun. "My face turns red because I hate you more everytime you say those things to me! It's disgusting!"

"So... if it wasn't a crush towards me, then... why are murmuring awhile ago?" Kyuhyun asks. "You were saying 'I can't believe I have a crush on him?' Are you referring to someone else then?"

"It's not you, you idiot! I was just having a monologue about what Ryeowook told me about you!" Sungmin says. I just hope he buys the alibi. "Besides, how can I have a crush on you?"

"So, you don't have a crush on me," Kyuhyun asks once more. His tone still sounds like he is teasing though. "Oh... okay."

Sungmin just shakes his head. "Yeah, I don't. So stop deluding yourself and stop being conceited, alright?"

The driver butts in as he chuckles. "Lovers' quarrel?"

Kyuhyun pouts and nods. "Yeah." Once again, Sungmin just stares at both guys. Sometimes he thinks, it is better to not understand anything. But that time, he actually is curious.

○●○

They arrive at the hotel safely. Sungmin goes to the receptionist to ask for another room.

"Sorry Sir, but our rooms are full now because of the conference," she informs Sungmin who looks at Kyuhyun for assistance. "You can just share a room with your friend, Sir."

Kyuhyun speaks as he turns to Sungmin. "I told you, Sungmin."

Sungmin sighs. He doesn't want to be stuck with Kyuhyun in the same room. They are both boys so there is nothing wrong with that, but he is aware that he has feelings for the latter so he might not be able to control himself. He might just slip again and confess his feelings for Kyuhyun, just like what he did earlier. Plans of him convincing Kyuhyun that Ryeowook is the best for him might be ruined if it happens.

"Ask if there is any hotel near this place," Sungmin asks Kyuhyun to translate it for him.

"You are surely insane, Sungmin. Why don't you want to share a room with me? Unless," Kyuhyun grins maliciously at Sungmin again and continues, "unless it's true that you have a crush on me and you might-"

"Shut up!" Sungmin yells and almost everyone in the lobby looks at him. He blushes out of embarrassment. He whispers to Kyuhyun. "Fine! I'll share a room with you! Just stop teasing me about the crush thing because I would never have crush on you, do you understand?"

Kyuhyun shrugs his shoulders as he smiles. He tells the receptionist that he will get the key to their room already. After that, both of them walk towards the elevator and ride it as it opens.

When they are in the elevator, Sungmin speaks. "Uhm... Can we at least... ask for another mattress?"

Kyuhyun does not answer. He just looks at the elevator's ceiling.

"Yah! Cho Kyuhyun!"

"You can't," Kyuhyun finally replies while looking at Sungmin. "I have budgeted allowance for the hotel room and I am doing you a favor right now so stop demanding."

"Hey," Sungmin pushes Kyuhyun's arm. "I told you, I wanted to stay in another hotel then you told me that I shouldn't. Now, you're getting grumpy all of a sudden. What is wrong with you!?"

The elevator door opens as they reach the floor where their room is. Kyuhyun does not answer Sungmin, instead, he pulls his luggage and walks ahead of Sungmin until he reaches their room.

"Cho Kyuhyun! Are you listening to me?" Sungmin asks as he stops following Kyuhyun and as he waits for Kyuhyun to open the door of their room. "Yah!"

When Kyuhyun opens the door, he pulls Sungmin instead of his luggage and corners him to the wall using his arms. Sungmin's heart skips a beat as he realizes that Kyuhyun's right arm is locking him while his left hand closes the door.

"W-What are you doing!? Our luggages!" Sungmin recovers as he realizes that their luggages are still outside the room. "Let me out-"

"They can wait," Kyuhyun murmurs as he stares at Sungmin, meeting the latter's eyes with his. "For the meantime, let us just cherish this moment together."

Sungmin begins to push Kyuhyun with force but he remains steady and unmoved. Sungmin looks to his side as he speaks softly, "You jerk! Stop this joke! This is not a good one! I'll kick you-"

"You can't even push me away," Kyuhyun says. His voice is getting seductive as if he is teasing Sungmin. "Don't tell me, that your strength completely fades away whenever I'm this close to you?" Kyuhyun uses his right hand to make Sungmin look at him again, and as expected, Sungmin looks down. "You can't even look at me right now."

" you, Cho Kyuhyun, back off!" Sungmin challenges himself to look straight at Kyuhyun as he pushes Kyuhyun again, this time, he knows that uses twice his strength, but it still doesn't work. "Damn you! I said stop this or I'll kick you!"

Kyuhyun does not speak, but he shows a 'try-me' expression as he moves his face towards Sungmin, only leaving almost three inches of space between them. Sungmin automatically looks away, but he sneakily raises his arms and attempts to punch Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun acts on impulse as he manages to push his hand back to the wall. "Why are you looking away now? It is not the way it was before."

That rings the bell inside Sungmin's head. He remembers the same thing that happened before - when he punched Kyuhyun in the face. He could glare at Kyuhyun for the longest time, even if Kyuhyun was too near to him. It is definitely different now. The way he feels nervous and everything.

But he doesn't need confirmation that something has really changed between his feelings for the latter. He already knows it. Or maybe Kyuhyun is just testing him?

He feels more nervous when Kyuhyun closes his eyes as he moves his face nearer to Sungmin, enough for the latter to smell his breath. Sungmin closes his eyes tightly as well. He knows exactly what Kyuhyun is doing but his mind is confused right now. He feels intoxicated that he does not know how to act around Kyuhyun anymore. He has not been that self-aware before.

When Kyuhyun's breathe begins to feel hotter and hotter, which means his face is getting nearer and nearer, Sungmin hears a soft chuckle that eventually turns into a loud laugh, and it makes Sungmin open his eyes. Kyuhyun moves away. Sungmin clenches his fists as he glares at Kyuhyun.

"You ! Are you playing with me? Are you just making fun of me!? Is this about the crush thing again!?" Sungmin yells. Kyuhyun continues to laugh as he opens the door and gets their luggages.

"I can't believe that the great Lee Sungmin is falling for this," Kyuhyun says as he closes the door again after bringing the luggages in their room. "I am just testing you, because I don't really believe that you don't have a crush on me, when you certainly do."

"I closed my eyes because I felt dizzy looking at you! I felt like my eyes were squinting so don't be full of yourself you twerp!" Sungmin yells again.

"Really?" Kyuhyun asks and smirks. "But I think it's not the case. How would you fulfill your promise to Ryeowook if you're feeling uncomfortable around me now?"

"I can't take your nonsense anymore, Cho!" Sungmin stomps towards his luggage and pulls it. "I am leaving!"

He stomps towards the door and prepares to open it, but Kyuhyun speaks again. "You promised to help me find him, right? Now, I need you to do it."

"Then you are asking me to help you find that person? After playing with me? You must be dreaming," Sungmin mutters without looking back at Kyuhyun.

"Please, Sungmin," Kyuhyun pleads, making Sungmin stop from opening the door. It is the second time that Kyuhyun pleads for his help. He initially thinks it is his plan again, but the latter sounds so serious in pleading for his help.  "Please help me find my younger brother."

Sungmin turns to Kyuhyun as he repeats, "Younger brother?"

And there he is, thinking that it is someone Kyuhyun loves as a man. And now that he knows, he actually is relieved.

♡♥♡

《Sorry, I promised you that I would update this last Thursday. And this is my last update before work! Haha. I hope I could write this as frequently as possible even if I am working. Sungmin knows now! :)) Will Kyuhyun reveal something more? P.S. 4 DAYS TO SS5 MANILA! See you there! To all PH ELF readers, please join our Kangin project! Thanks!》