Chapter 52

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 52 - In Trouble

♡♥♡

"I don't know why they're here, but I think it's an urgent matter," Sungmin tells Kyuhyun as they exit from the arrival gate.

They see Sungmin's parents, Ryeowook and Donghae waiting for them. As soon as Donghae sees the two of them, he waves, and Sungmin waves back. Kyuhyun just rolls his eyes secretly and follows Sungmin who almost runs to meet Donghae and the rest.

Sungmin's parents meet him with a hug, which is awkward for him because they are even nearly crying. "What happened?"

"We just missed you, it felt so different without you," Donghae is the one who answers. "Mr. and Mrs. Lee want to make sure that you're safe."

Sungmin laughs and lets go from his parents' hug. "Seriously Mom and Dad, you're too worried about me."

"You never called, hello!" Sungmin's mom tells Sungmin. "Your dad is very worried because you might have exhausted everything from his account."

"Oh, speaking of that, I haven't, so can I use it in shopping later?" Sungmin grins at his father who is obviously not agreeing. "Why are you like this to me, Dad?" He pouts and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Because I am your father," his father reasons out and laughs afterwards. "Fortunately for you, Donghae told us that you would be coming home today so we are here to fetch you."

Donghae grins and shyly scratches the back of his head. Kyuhyun rolls his eyes and moves closer to Sungmin and the others notice him. Sungmin's father taps Kyuhyun's shoulder and Sungmin's mother smiles at him, so he smiles back.

"So did this young man treat you well?" His father asks as he looks at Kyuhyun and tightens his grasp at Kyuhyun's shoulder. "If not, I would-"

"Dad, of course he did!" Sungmin defensively says. Kyuhyun did treat him well, and he never left him rotting somewhere. Except for that night... he blushes at the thought, but he immediately hides it. "Why did you ask?"

"Nothing in particular," he smirks. "I just heard things about this young man, about how he doesn't like you."

"You're reacting too much, dear," says Sungmin's mom and removes her husband's hand from Kyuhyun who looks surprised. "Kyuhyun might look cold to you, but I think he is a good man."

"You're misunderstanding things, Dad," Sungmin speaks. "Kyuhyun is my friend, and he treated me well when we were in the Philippines. He's the reason why I never touched your money."

His father hisses. "Just make sure. Let's go now." He turns around and walks away. Sungmin's mother just smiles at Kyuhyun again.

"Don't mind him. He's just misunderstanding things," she tells Kyuhyun.

"May I know why?" Kyuhyun worriedly asks, looking at Sungmin then at Donghae who mouths the word 'sorry.' "A-Ah, I think I'll just talk to you later. I think Sungmin's tired."

Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun who meets his gaze. Sungmin apologizes and goes with his mom. He greets Ryeowook who hugs him.

He feels guilty however, knowing that he stole a kiss - no, rather a peck - from Kyuhyun. He also flirted with him instead of helping Kyuhyun in realizing that Ryeowook was the right one for him. "How's Korea while I'm gone?"

"Well, it's the same... almost," Ryeowook says while smiling. "I am going to work in the ice cream parlor now."

Sungmin cheers for him. "Way to go, Wook!"

"But I don't-"

Sungmin taps his shoulder. "No buts. Oh well, let us just see each other later."

Ryeowook nods. Sungmin follows his mother and gets in their car after he puts his luggage in the trunk. When his father starts to drive, Sungmin leans on his seat, his arms crossed. He mutters, "Why the sudden cold treatment to Kyuhyun?"

"I told you," he pauses as the car accelerates. He then continues when the car passes the intersection. "I learned that he hated you. And never did he do good things to you."

"And where did you get all those accusations?" Sungmin's voice becomes louder, but he tries to keep himself calm. "Maybe he was like that to me, and I hated him before, but he has changed. He took care of me when we were in the Philippines. He even asked for your permission, right?"

"See!?" His father insists. "Yes, he went to my office to ask permission but he gives off this feeling that he is up for no good."

"Kyuhyun is not like that," he disagrees. "He's... he's someone I like now!" He gets startled with a sudden confession, so he keeps his voice a little down again. "I mean... he's not what I thought he was. He is someone I look up to now. Dad, Kyuhyun is different from other guys who are from Inhwan."

His dad doesn't speak, but Sungmin's mom does. "Hon, I think Kyuhyun is a nice guy. To be honest, I thought that he was arrogant, but seeing how he cared for Sungmin and how he changed Sungmin's perception about Inhwan, then I think he is a nice person."

The stop light turns red, so the car stops. It is only then when Sungmin's dad speaks. "If he makes you feel bad, I myself would kick his . I never got disappointed with a student from Inhwan."

"I can kick his if he makes me feel bad!" Sungmin confidently says.

And he thinks it is impossible - Kyuhyun makes him happy even if he does not admit it.

○●○

"I am sorry, Kyuhyun, I slipped," Donghae apologizes as they walk to the bus station. "His father told me to tell everything, so-"

"You told him everything?" Kyuhyun cuts in. "I don't know why, but it isn't what friends are supposed to be."

"I apologized, alright? Why does it even matter to you? I mean it is Sungmin's father. You should not be affected, right?" Donghae asks as a matter of factly.

Kyuhyun remains quiet. Of course, to him, it does. Because it is Sungmin's father. Just like how Donghae cares about impressions of Sungmin's father to him. However, Kyuhyun needs to pretend that it doesn't matter because he has to. "Yeah, you're right. I should not be too affected."

There is silence among them even after the ride home, but Donghae ends it after they get off the bus.

"A lot of things happened while both of you are gone," Donghae begins to narrate, "Do you know that a guy has expressed his affection to Ryeowook? He asked him to become his boyfriend!"

Ryeowook blushes because of embarrassment. "I-it's not like that, he just asked me to become a boy friend... but not boyfriend... in that sense."

"Good for you then," Kyuhyun comments, uninterested. Ryeowook just bows, but he recovers immediately.

Donghae says excitedly, "And do you know? I was able to talk with Sungjin and his parents! They told me that I was a great man! I feel so happy and giddy. This might be the start of everything!"

Geez, it's only like that, Kyuhyun thinks.

"And Sungjin told me that he would like to have a brother like me!"

Sungmin was with you the whole time, Kyuhyun, he thinks again, trying to calm himself.

"His mom told me I was charming and cute!"

Sungmin was on the same bed as you, Kyuhyun.

"And his father told me that I was a perfect son!"

Sungmin kissed you on the lips. Take note, on the lips, Kyuhyun, so you are far more luckier! He closes his eyes tightly in annoyance. Ugh, I hate this.

"I think this is fate for us! Aren't these great?"

That's it! "What's great about that?" Kyuhyun asks coldly and almost quietly and stops all of a sudden.

Donghae does not hear it, so he continues, "And oh, Ryeowook will be working at the ice cream parlor too! He will start on the reopening. Sungmin and the three of us would work together!"

He looks at Ryeowook. Donghae has been acting so weirdly talkative around him, and he feels awkward about it. He thinks that it is another plan to make him and Ryeowook together. "Ryeowook, why are you doing this?"

"Huh?" Ryeowook looks back at Kyuhyun nervously. "What do you mean-"

"You know exactly what I mean. It is your last semester before graduation, right? You are running for honors, yet you are not focusing on your studies. You are even getting a part-time job? Why are you trying to force yourself to me?" Kyuhyun asks. Ryeowook and Donghae are both speechless. Kyuhyun realizes that he went too far, so he sighs to calm down. "I am sorry. I am too tired and I don't want to be rude, but I need to rest-"

"You are wrong, Kyuhyun," Ryeowook begins to speak as his eyes begin to swell. "I am doing this because it is what I like to do. I don't care, even if Sungmin was unsuccessful in helping me. I am doing this, because I like you so much. I care about my studies but I also care for you because you are the first person I've ever liked!" He smiles as he wipes the tears that flow on his cheeks. "I must be going now. Take a rest." He turns around and leaves. Donghae looks at Kyuhyun for a second and then calls Ryeowook's name and follows him.

♡♥♡

《I told myself to update during Christmas break but I wasn't able to. I AM SO SORRY.》