7. You don't remember me

It's Me!

 

Chapter 7: You don't remember me
---
 
"Waah! Komawo unni!" Yeongji and Hyuna sang in unison as they came out of the restaurant. Vin had treated them to a late night dinner. 
 
"I miss Chorong" Hyuna sighed as the other two nodded in agreement. The four had become very good friends over the years, mainly because of Yeongji. Hyuna, member of the idol group 4minute, had been a sunbae from Yeongji's previous school and  she had been one of Yeongji's few friends back in the days, even when she was still promoting together with Wonder Girls.
 
Chorong, who's currently pursuing further studies, had been in Milan for almost a year now. She and Yeongji met during their first day as freshmen in university.
 
Vin had been Joongki's long time stylist so the two eventually got along pretty well. They always went to Joongki's schedule together.
 
"Yah, want to drink?" Hyuna raised the idea, feeling all excited. "Don't you have a schedule tomorrow?" Vin asked, concerned for their friend since she knew how hectic idols' schedules can be.
 
Hyuna waved her hands and shook her head, "Kwenchanha" then added, "I have the rest of the weekend to myself" seeing that they had no upcoming events, not until Monday.
 
"How about you unni?" Yeongji asked the question towards Vin, "I'm alright with it, Joongki's event tomorrow is not until the evening"
 
"So I'm the only one who has to do work tomorrow morning?" she expressed with envy at the two but she really didn't want to leave them and go drink by themselves. She really wanted to go with the two, "Arasseo, I'm going with you!" she exclaimed in happiness and Hyuna squealed in excitement.
 
"Are you sure you're going to be okay tomorrow?" Vin asked, being the eldest probably made here have more sense than the two.
 
"It'll be fine" Yeongji waved it off, she had really missed hanging out with them that she's willing to risk tomorrow. "I'll just drink some medicine tomorrow" and this got Vin to chuckle at how impulsive her dongsaengs can be.
 
"Good enough for me!" she announced not wanting to spoil the mood.
 
"Yeongji~!!" a high-pitched voice shouted at them from afar. She knew that voice, "Annyeong Chunji-sshi!" she greeted. 
 
"Oh, annyeonghaseyo!" he greeted the other two properly seeing that she wasn't alone.
 
The other members of Teen Top followed closely behind. She froze on the spot, once again Byunghun gave that effect on her.
 
The two groups greeted each other, "Byunghun-ah, annyeong!" Hyuna greeted him as he knew her from way back. They had attended the same school before along with Yeongji.
 
"Noona!" he greeted the older with a smile and was shocked that she and Yeongji knew each other.
 
"You two know each other? What a coincidence" he spoke in mild surprise but still smiling. 
 
"Pabo!" Hyuna hit him teasingly, "She went to the same school as us!" Yeongji's eyes widened, trying to avoid his gaze.
 
"Ehh?! Jinjja?" Byunghun's eyes widened in shock, "How come I never saw her before? Clearly I couldn't possibly have missed a girl like her" he was completely surprised but all the more curious. She would've never missed her if they went to the same school. 
 
"You're the same year" Hyuna added as an afterthought and he had to scratch his head feeling a bit dumbfounded.
 
"What are you guys doing here, anyway?" she asked, moving on to a different topic much to Yeongji's relief.
 
"Nothing, just hanging out" he said and then an idea popped, "Do you guys want to go to a bar?" he invited.
 
"We're supposed to get a couple of drinks anyway" he explained, "Oh, we're about to do the same" Hyuna said happily.
 
"I know a bar close by, we can get a private room" CAP spoke for the first time, Vin and Hyuna nodded, liking the idea very much.
 
Yeongji looked around the members, Byunhun noticed that she seemed to be looking for someone.
 
The others went ahead and Yeongji seemed to have spaced out. Byunghun followed closely as the others had walked on ahead in front of them.
 
"Looking for someone?" he asked, breaking her chain of thoughts. She jumped a little, not expecting for him to be there walking beside her.
 
"Mian" he added with a slight amusement, "Niel... didn't come with you guys?" she asked bravely. Somehow, she was really curious as to why the boy wasn't present.
 
This made Byunghun become slightly jealous but he waved it off with a smile, "He had another schedule tonight so he can't come" and she nodded in understanding.
 
---
 
CAP and Chunji has taken over the stage at the moment, singing to god knows what as the two are obviously just shouting and screaming, adrenaline rush. Chunji's usual hyper mood is just at the normal level, but when he drinks, all hel breaks loose.
 
Everyone was enjoying their night, the other clapped and cheered for them as they sang and danced randomly at the same time. 
 
Ricky stared closely at Yeongji, again, he couldn't quite place where she had seen her before. Yeongji caught him, "Waeyo?" she asked looking at the younger with big doe eyes. Yeongji had drank quite a lot of alcohol at this point and she couldn't care less.
 
"I overheard earlier that you guys came from the same school?" he tried, maybe something would give way or at least a clue or something. He really couldn't let it go.
 
"Hyuna unni?" she asked then nodded after thinking about it for a moment, her train of thoughts are slowly getting messed up.
 
"Yeah, I think so..." she added and Ricky couldn't help but laugh at this. She was quite adorable if you look into her closely .
 
"And Byunghun hyung?" he added, she always had that look of apprehension whenever the boy was around, Ricky noticed.
 
She went quiet getting lost in her own thoughts. Ricky frowned in confusion, "Noona?" he called and she just stared at him.
 
"Is Ricky pestering you?" Byunghun moved towards them as he came back from outside. He was teasing the younger and he quickly replied with a "No, I'm not! We're just talking".
 
Byunghun casually slung his arm over hey shoulders and her chain of thoughts broke. She frowned and turned towards his direction. Byunghun then gave her a wink.
 
Yeongji blinked a few times, trying to process what was going, her brows knitted together. Then without warning, she quickly moved away from him and scooted away. She ended up next to Ricky who was sitting on her other side. Yeongji grabbed onto the boy's arm with her own one. Both Ricky and Byunghun were shocked by her sudden action. though the former had more like a shocked expression mixed with displeasure.
 
"What wrong?" Byunghun asked innocently and she answered with a, "Don't do that again" in a meek voice. Once again, Ricky noticed her tone and the expression on her face.
 
Deep inside, even though she was beginning to feel tipsy, not all sense had left her. She still knows who and what Byunghun is and had done. She still felt uncomfortable around him, that she was sure of. And she didn't want anything to do with the boy anymore.
 
After a short while, Yeongji excused herself and walked out of the room. "Yah, what happened?" Hyuna asked, looking at the two accusingly.
 
She needed to go follow her but as soon as she tried to stand up, she fell back down to the couch, "Woops!" she laughed, even her voice was already showing signs of intoxication.
 
Seeing that he possibly was the only one who could after her right now seeing that everyone had already way too many drinks, and the other sensible person left can't either, seeing that he might actually be the cause of this. Ricky sighed, "I'll go after her" he assured Hyuna and earned a glare from Byunghun, which the younger didn't really see.
 
---
 
"Aish!" she cursed under her breath as she sat down on the steps outside the building. Tears were continuously falling from her eyes, and she tried to wipe it off over and over. "Please stop" she begged herself, as if it would do any good.
 
The feelings she thought were long gone had somehow managed to step right back up. She wasn't sure on why she was crying, all she knew was that all the mixed up emotions came all at once, not being able to take it.
 
She wasn't sure whether she still likes him or not. Though for most part, she's just really hurt and didn't want for the two of them to meet ever again. Sadly, that wasn't an option seeing that their paths had somehow crossed once again.
 
She sent a quick message to Joongki hopping that he wasn't busy. The mixed up emotions and the effects of alcohol weren't helping. It just made the matter worse.
 
She felt someone sitting next to her and she quickly wiped off the tears from her eyes with the back of her hands.
 
"It's okay noona, you can cry, I won't say anything" Ricky's voice was calm and hinted slight concern. This made her tear up again, now she didn't bother wiping her tears off, just letting it flow out while she kept her head bowed down staring at the ground.
 
And then it hit him. He stared at Yeongji for a long moment then, her silently crying figure by his side. The girl they saw at the music station before, heck that was a long time ago.
 
His brows knit together in deep thought. So Byunghun hyung can't remember who she is? And obviously, she can still remember what happened before judging by how she acts around hyung.
 
A pang of guilt hit him, even though he wasn't at fault, he still felt somehow responsible. He could've walked back to her and at least apologize for what his hyung had said. After all, she was just a girl who plucked up her courage to approach a guy she had really liked. Then he felt sad, realizing that she had obviously cried a lot too that day, just like now.
 
"Yeongji?" a voice approached them, the tone of his voice etched with concern and panic. Ricky was the first to get up, surprised to see none other than Song Joongki standing right in front of them.
 
Mild surprise was visible in his eyes as the younger bowed in silent greeting. He too bowed then finally walked towards her, "Yeongji-ah?"
 
Ricky just stood there observing the two. Someone as busy as him actually had the time to come over here, obviously it had been short notice. Now he was curious as to what the two's relationship was.
 
---
 
Byunghun couldn't stand it anymore so he got up from his seat and went out the room. He walked towards the front entrance of the building wanting to check up on the two. Curious as to what was happening right now as they haven't gone back yet.
 
He stopped in his tracks as he got out the sliding doors of the bar.
 
"Yeongji-ah?" a voice called and he looked for the source. That voice wasn't familiar and as he looked down the steps he saw Yeongji slowly lift her head. Upon seeing who it was, she quickly stood up and ran towards him. He didn't miss the tear-stricken face she had. Byunghun and Ricky shared faces of shock, for the second time tonight.
 
 A frown quickly rose up in his features, confused and displeased. Song Joongki, what exactly is his relationship with Yeongji? The two members shared similar thoughts.
 
"I'll take it from here, thanks" he told Ricky as he thanked him for accompanying her. His gaze then landed on Byunghun, noticing the boy for the first. A brief moment of uneasiness passed the two as they exchanged fiery gazes, smell of tension filled the air.
 
Joongki gave one last glare directed at Byunghun before leaving, taking Yeongji along with him. Ricky blinked a couple of times, he saw the whole thing with his own eyes. Did I just see what I think it is? Realizing that this was only the beginning. 
 
---
 
TBC