4. Top Entertainment

It's Me!

Chapter 4: Top Entertainment

--
 
"You'll be doing a photo-shoot tomorrow morning so I'm giving you today to rest" their manager hyung announced as they were lounging in the room just practicing some dance routines.
 
"So we can go home early today?" Chunji asked in happiness and their manager nodded.
 
"What's the photo-shoot for?" CAP asked, more interested on their new schedule.
 
"It's the photo-shoot for a new clothing line, Teen Top will be the endorser, we're looking on a one year contract here" he explained and the other were awed. "Wow! One year?" Niel couldn't believe his ear. Yes, they had a lot of offers left and right but this was new. A whole year as an endorser for a product line, that's a lot.
 
"For who?" L.joe asked and with this their manager answered, "It's going to be a newly launched line under Shin-ae.
 
"Really?" Chunji and Niel were surprised to hear that it was going to be for Shin-ae's. 
 
"I'll leave you guys now, I'll be meeting with the designer in a while" and left Teen Top to themselves.
 
--
 
Yeongji stepped inside the building feeling uneasy, she prayed that she wouldn’t see him just now, she just wasn’t fully ready. She headed up to the 4th floor and was welcomed by Teen Top’s manager, “Ms. Park?” he asked with a smile and she bowed lightly.
 
They shook hands and he led him to one of the meeting rooms.
T
hey sat across each other and she went on straight ahead to business, “Here are the copies of the contracts that we’ve finalized, one for you and one for our team” she explained. “Please go over them before signing and just ask me if you have any questions” she offered with a smile and the manager nodded.
 
He went over the clauses and arrangements, it seemed that all is in place and everything that they’ve requested has been included in the specifics of the contract. “Good, everything’s in place” he proclaimed, signing the contract confidently and Yeongji smiled triumphantly, glad that the other party was alright with everything.
 
They exchanged calling cards after and Yeongji added, “The photo-shoot will take place in our headquarters in Myungdong, there’s just one team covering the shoot, it’s for our launch and they’ll just basically ask Teen Top with general questions about ‘how they are doing these days and their current activities’ and like ‘how they find the new clothing line’” she explained.
 
“I printed the questions out for you so that they’ll know what to anticipate” she assured him as she pulled out a folder and handed it to him.
 
“Thank you, you’re very organized” he complimented as they headed out the room, “By the way, I heard you just graduated university this year?” and she nodded with a “Ne” as they waited for the elevator to come up.
 
“Wow!” he exclaimed in amazement, “And you’re already launching you product line” with this she smiled shyly, she gets easily embarrassed when someone compliments her.
 
“Hyung, everyone will be heading home now” a voice interrupted them and the voice seemed all too familiar. The boy in question had bleached blonde hair and was sporting a pair of sunglasses.
 
He notices Yeongji for the first time, gives him one of his charismatic smiles and bowed in greeting. Yeongji smiled lightly and bowed, returning the gesture.
 
“Yah!” a high pitched voice soon followed. Another boy, ran towards them. He had had a deeper shade of blonde and his complexion was so clear, just like a girl’s would. “Why do you keep wearing my stuff?” he told the other one off. He grabbed the sunglasses off his face and stuffed it in his bag.
 
Byunghun. Yeongji’s eyes widened in shock as the boy who had glasses on previously was none other than Byunghun. She froze on the spot not knowing what to do. Did he recognize her, was that why he had that unexplainable smile on his face as he continued to look at her?
 
The elevator dinged then the doors opened. The manager motioned for Yeongji to enter first then followed by the two members of Teen Top.
 
“Chunji-ah, where are the others?” their manager hyung asked, at this point Yeongji and Byunghun were standing next to each other. For some reason, she could feel someone’s eyes on her. She looked to side and saw him looking at her. She turned away feeling more and more conscious by the minute.
 
“I thought everyone’s ready?” and the door closed as the elevator moved downward. “They’re just packing up” the other boy named Chunji answered.
 
They reached the ground floor and she got out immediately, not being able to take the close proximity anymore.
 
When everyone was outside the manager spoke, “By the way, I think I haven’t introduced the two to you”
 
“This is L.joe and Chunji” he said referring to each of them in turn and she smiled, feeling awkward at the moment.
 
“This is Ms. Park, she’s the designer of the clothing line you’ll be endorsing” he explained to the two guys and they nodded.
 
“Wow~ you look so young!” Chunji commented in awe, “How old are you, if you don’t mind my asking?” his eyes showed amusement and interest.
 
“21” she responded curtly and the two were shocked, “Just turned 21 this year?” he asked and she nodded.
 
“Waah! I’m your Oppa then” Chunji explained in triumph, “Aigo, Kwiyeowo~” he added in amusement.
 
All this time Byunghun just watched her, amusement playing in his eyes. He found her interesting and thought at that moment that this endorsement deal would definitely be so much fun.
 
Yeongji stole a glance at Byunghun once more and their eyes met again. She looked away after a split second feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. He seemed amused with something, she noticed.
 
She scanned her watch, “I need to get going, I still have a meeting in an hour” she excused herself.
 
“It was nice meeting you” she put up a smile, not wanting to totally loose to him. “Thank you so much again!” she shook the manager’s hand in gratitude, the contract signing had ended smoothly.
 
“I’ll see you tomorrow!” she waved to the two members of Teen Top, though she didn’t dare look at Byunghun anymore and kept her gaze at Chunji.
 
Byunghun noticed this and smirked inwardly, ‘Oh this is going to be fun’ he thought to himself.
 
“See you tomorrow~” Chunji waved happily as she left the building.
 
When the coast was clear, she ran towards her car and locked the doors, started the engine and immediately drove off into the streets.
 
After a good five minutes, she let out a deep breath and kept repeating, “It’s okay, it’s okay, it’s okay” over and over again, still feeling a bit panicky.
 
Her phone rang the next moment, “Hello?” she answered and a shriek could be heard from the other line, Chorong.
 
“Yah! Joongki told me everything” she went on ahead, “How bad was it?” she asked in worry.
 
“I’m still not sure, he didn’t say anything” she confessed and shocked voice echoed from the other line, "You've met already?!" and she replied with a flat "Yes" then there was a long pause that followed.
 
“Sooo…” Chorong’s voice sounded confused, “He didn’t recognize you? At all?”
 
“I don’t know, he kept on looking at me with a weird smile” she answered, oblivious to what Byunghun was doing.
 
“From what I’ve heard, the guy is a total player” she informed her, “Really?” Yeongji couldn’t believe it but maybe Chorong was right. The girl has a lot of good secret sources when it comes to celebrity gossip, or any other gossip for that matter.
 
“Be careful, okay” she warned.
 
---
 
TBC